IGNORED

How do ex-Rephlex musicians survive?

B1000

How do old Rephlex artists like Bogdan Raczynski / Cylob / Wisp / DMX Krew survive post-Rephlex? I am assuming that even when they released music on Rephlex they barely scraped by money-wise.

Then on top of that, they have had to manage through the financial crisis in 2008, never had a large fanbase in general, and probably make barely £100-200 per bandcamp release these days. And tours wouldn't pay these people anything since commercially they are unknown to the majority of people today.

Basically, I don't see any of these chaps on LinkedIn or working down my local Tescos. How do they survive?

Share your thoughts.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they sold their bodies to rich women. gigolo is the term, i've been told.

allegedly, grant did the intermediate stuff. taking calls and administration and all that. the rest just slept with everyone willing to pay. 

here's a secret pic of richie from his gigolo days:

bransonvideonext1216_1280x720.jpg

allegedly, grant did the intermediate stuff. taking calls and administration and all that. the rest just slept with everyone willing to pay.

He looks quite content.

He looks quite content.

Please don't tell me you're surprised because you thought he was more into guys.

DMX is actually the same guy as the other DMX, he's in jail now so he gets room and board on the government dime

The other ones never existed but were all aphex pseudonyms

Archived