IGNORED

Underworld - Drift

purlieu

It got put back to 1st November ages ago, but given that they only got in the test copy of the book a week or two back I wouldn't be surprised if it'd been put back. That said, this week's between-episodes Drift track came out yesterday without any news on it so who knows...

Underworld store says release date of 22 November with those that ordered from there getting a digital download of the sampler CD version on 1st

• Like 1

Hello!

Well here we are… 52 weeks of DRIFT and a whole year of new music and film in our wake…

Thank you for ordering the box set and for supporting the project. We hope you enjoy it when it arrives…

We are expecting stock to be in our warehouse by Tuesday 12th November and are aiming to ship orders right away, and so depending on where in the world you are, you should be receive it later in that week or early the following week.

In the meantime, we wanted to send you a download for the “Sampler Edition” of the album – which is one of the 7 discs in your box set – as a little taste of what’s to come. Look out for an email on 1st November 2019.

When you have had a chance to listen to the album, read the book and watch the films… tell us what you think by posting and tagging us on Instagram (@underworld) or Twitter (@underworldlive) using the hashtag #DRIFTSERIES1.

Thank you…

UW HQ

• Thanks 1

If we'd only got the Sampler Edition, I'd be very happy with it. More straight-forward than Barbara - but a lot deeper sounding - without crossing into the generic pop sounds of Barking, a decent length again, and eight of the ten tracks are superb. The flow between the songs is great too, they obviously spent time making this into a proper listening experience.

Really enjoyed it, a lovely aperitif to keep us satisfied until the whole thing comes in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my boxset today. Lovely thing, although the cover is different to the usual edition - the dog picture is just a white space, surprisingly. The liner notes are a really extensive into the creative process behind the album, very enjoyable read. Also the first UW album to feature a lyric book. Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but the bonus tracks are all good so far.

• Like 1

What a beautiful package; what beautiful tunes. So excited to dig back into this.

By the way - anyone who bought the set tried the code for the extras? There is like over 5 hours of all the stuff they released between each episode (and more) - all in wav. Including the 20+ minute version of Pearl’s Girl. 

They’ve outdone themselves with this one.

7 hours ago, Extralife said:

What a beautiful package; what beautiful tunes. So excited to dig back into this.

By the way - anyone who bought the set tried the code for the extras? There is like over 5 hours of all the stuff they released between each episode (and more) - all in wav. Including the 20+ minute version of Pearl’s Girl. 

They’ve outdone themselves with this one.

Holy crap really ?! I assumed the download code was just for those that couldn't be arsed to rip the CDs. Mine is still boxed up, I take ages to get round to opening their box sets (think my Beaucoup Fish box set is still sealed !)

38 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Holy crap really ?! I assumed the download code was just for those that couldn't be arsed to rip the CDs. Mine is still boxed up, I take ages to get round to opening their box sets (think my Beaucoup Fish box set is still sealed !)

Open it up!

8 minutes ago, purlieu said:

With those wavs and the BluRay, the whole set comes to sixteen and a half hours. Hell of a set.

And the crazy thing is that they are calling it Drift Series 1. 

Could they do another one? Seems like they are having more fun than ever. 

Admittedly, I wasn't a big fan of this material as it was coming out. But I decided to give it another go and somehow, in the track order it's in now, it just clicked.

It's my favourite album of the year and pretty high up my favourite Underworld albums too. Disk 1 in particular is just so solid from beginning to end. 

8 minutes ago, springymajig said:

Admittedly, I wasn't a big fan of this material as it was coming out. But I decided to give it another go and somehow, in the track order it's in now, it just clicked.

It's my favourite album of the year and pretty high up my favourite Underworld albums too. Disk 1 in particular is just so solid from beginning to end. 

I hear you. Makes a lot of sense to hear it in this order and read the notes that go with it.  I've been really enjoying parts 4 and 5 lately, especially.

2 hours ago, Extralife said:

I hear you. Makes a lot of sense to hear it in this order and read the notes that go with it.  I've been really enjoying parts 4 and 5 lately, especially.

I haven't actually got the physical release :S I see they're sold out on their official store but still on preorder on amazon... I think I need it

1 hour ago, springymajig said:

I haven't actually got the physical release :S I see they're sold out on their official store but still on preorder on amazon... I think I need it

WELL worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...