IGNORED

Underworld - Drift

purlieu

I reckon series 2 will start next month. I'm already excited. Although I'm going to pay more attention to the individual releases - whatever they might be - as this year I thought "I'll listen once and then leave them until the album comes out" and now it's so fucking overwhelming!

• 5 months later...

Been going through this and giving it the attention it deserves. There is a lot of really fucking good material here. My fav era was the dubnobass through beaucoup fish, and there is so much in here that reminds me of that. Really really fucking good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Been going through this and giving it the attention it deserves. There is a lot of really fucking good material here. My fav era was the dubnobass through beaucoup fish, and there is so much in here that reminds me of that. Really really fucking good.

It really is an awesome compilation of tracks imo... pushes the right buttons for me. 

Roof Off and Seven Music Drone get played daily here. 

I haven’t even started really digging into all of the bonus download material that didn’t make it onto the physical release. Not really anyways. Have you guys?

• 1 year later...

Also got into a debate with my daughter about if the sample at 8:30 (and many other parts of the song) was saying "electronic" or "like chocolate".  I said "electronic". 

I'm getting old.

I'd always previously heard as 'Try like a trier' but I think it's a repeated phrase '...like a triangle...' with the 'like' and 'triangle' overlapping each other in the loop

36 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Just relistened to Second Toughest today. What a timeless classic. 

Thought I’d share:
https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/underworlds-second-toughest-in-the-infants-proves-to-be-impossible-to-beat

huh blueski came up in my shuffle yesterday and i listened to the whole album twice today. really holds up. def a classic 

• Like 1

Second Toughest is a masterpiece.

Drift was ok, some pretty strong tracks in there. A lot of the tracks would have been better without Karl, sorry Karl

I remember reading somewhere that Rick rejected Karl's original vocals for Listen to Their No and asked him to write something else. One of the best tracks of the lot. Maybe if they did that more often the outcomes would be better lol

Edited by toaoaoad

On 10/23/2021 at 1:56 AM, chenGOD said:

B) Does the headline mean Drift 2 is in the making? I fucking hope so!

Don't think so - it's had the Ltd Drop treatment today. Out on vinyl. Hoodies, slip mats etc 

I love all the tunes they've done this to, but not purchased any.  £20 for a single is a bit of a push given they used to be £2.99 in hmv back in the day. Even with inflation.....

https://store.underworldlive.com/collections/dark-long-dark-train-limited-drop/products/dark-long-dark-train-dark-long-3-12-heavy-weight-vinyl

Edited by Soloman Tump

Yeah they're really going after the "grown-up 90's pillheads with money now" demographic on this lol. The e-mail just screams it.

Anyway I'm going to continue to live in blissful hope that Drift 2 is in the works.

• Burger 1

On 10/28/2021 at 1:29 AM, Extralife said:

Just relistened to Second Toughest today. What a timeless classic. 

Thought I’d share:
https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/underworlds-second-toughest-in-the-infants-proves-to-be-impossible-to-beat

Pearls Girl

Edited by NewSchoolScience