IGNORED

jordan peterson

dingformung

3 hours ago, rhmilo said:

True.

What does “being a man” have to do with fulfilling your life? It’s just an accident of birth.

well, if you're a man then it's a big part of who you are, no? and it shapes your life and your roles in the world. it's about living as a man, so to speak. same logic if you're a woman or anything else. your experiences and criteria for personal fulfilment will hinge on who you are. I don't think we'll ever reach a point where those will be the same for everyone (nor do I think it's necessarily a good idea).

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

Exactly what is extreme here?

the room.  the room is extremely dirty. clean up the room. stand up straight. what gender is the room though? if there's anime art on the walls is that post modern or marxist? 

28 minutes ago, omnii said:

Has anyone here heard the "Behind The Bastards" podcasts about Jordan Peterson?

They melted my brain. 

i've slacked on podcasts for a while and need to catch up on behind the bastards in particular. 

When you think about it! 

If Jordan Peterson had turned evil would he not be like the optimal sect/cult leader?

Here is a comment on the preview video of his new book beyond order:

You know something? We talk about how Dr.Peterson is our internet dad a lot (one of his more popular and affectionate nicknames) and that's so true. But the most beautiful thing about that is... he's made us all brothers and sisters as we each strive to better our lives and find meaning in spite of the suffering. We're a family. I'm wishing all of us success and victories on our journey ??

Only this comment have more than 1000 likes! 

He is our internet dad and Made us all brothers and sisters, we are family?? What tha fuck that shit is weird.. You are not my family man! 

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

16 hours ago, ignatius said:

peterson did a long bit on alpha males and those weaker males who pretend to be allies of women because it's the only way they can get in their pants and procreate. I'm simplfying obviously. he goes back to cavemen and tribal human hunter gatherers for his example and brings that all the way forward to say that men who are allies of feminists are just weak non-alpha males trying to get close to women the only way they can since their non-alpha-ness limits their reproductive opportunities.

I just get along with women a bit better than with men. Not going to do any armchair psychology why that is. But it would be kind of weird to let some guy on youtube to tell me who I can be friends with. A guy who apparently has his own life absolutely down the shitter. I don't have much idea even if my female friends consider themselves feminists because we very rarely talk about gender politics, like I don't really talk about it with my male friends.:shrug: Some of the most sexist and conservative people I know though are women and not men and they are really tiresome company at times if they get into the subject.

3 hours ago, cern said:

When you think about it! 

If Jordan Peterson had turned evil would he not be like the optimal sect/cult leader?

Here is a comment on the preview video of his new book beyond order:

You know something? We talk about how Dr.Peterson is our internet dad a lot (one of his more popular and affectionate nicknames) and that's so true. But the most beautiful thing about that is... he's made us all brothers and sisters as we each strive to better our lives and find meaning in spite of the suffering. We're a family. I'm wishing all of us success and victories on our journey ??

Only this comment have more than 1000 likes! 

He is our internet dad and Made us all brothers and sisters, we are family?? What tha fuck that shit is weird.. You are not my family man! 

My ex had a strange hobby of visiting meetings of evangelical churches and borderline cults just out of curiosity to see what goes on in there. She said one of the most common things she saw were persons desperately looking for some kind of father figure or authority that would tell them what to do in life. Which I found interesting because previously I thought that cults were more about some kind of metaphysical crisis on the meaning of existence or fear of death but maybe they are more about some kind of deeply rooted daddy issues?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, usagi said:

well, if you're a man then it's a big part of who you are, no? and it shapes your life and your roles in the world. it's about living as a man, so to speak. same logic if you're a woman or anything else. your experiences and criteria for personal fulfilment will hinge on who you are. I don't think we'll ever reach a point where those will be the same for everyone (nor do I think it's necessarily a good idea).

The fact that gender (that is to say the social construct that is loosely based on what does or doesn’t dangle between your legs) shapes your life and roles in the world should have no bearing whatsoever on how fulfilled you are. Unless you seriously lack imagination.

9 hours ago, ignatius said:

kurt cobain! look at that room. if only jordan peterson could've gotten to him  

0t497h1hd8l61.jpg?width=563&auto=webp&s=

Where is his shotgun, I can’t see it? 

1 hour ago, usagi said:

I don't know what you're arguing.

That the concept of "manliness" is completely irrelevant except to losers with a severe lack of imagination.

Just now, rhmilo said:

That the concept of "manliness" is completely irrelevant except to losers with a severe lack of imagination.

Are women who feel attracted to manliness in the wrong? Should they ignore gender differences more?

39 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Are women who feel attracted to manliness in the wrong? Should they ignore gender differences more?

How many women do you know that find Jordan Peterson quoting incels attractive?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

How many women do you know that find Jordan Peterson quoting incels attractive?

I don't know, I never asked a woman if she thinks Jordan Peterson quoting incels are attractive to her. But being an incel and quoting Jordan Peterson isn't necessarily what I'd refer to as "manliness". Without trying to further define manliness, I can tell that I personally find manly women unattractive and most women don't like too feminine men. In some way it's the gender differences that make the genders attractive to each other (regardless whether they're socially constructed or biologically determined or both).

Overthinking manliness makes you look like you have issues/insecurities in that department, though. These self-identifying "alpha male" types who do everything to appear more masculine, including intentionally speaking at a lower pitch than naturally and acting rougher than they are, are the male equivalent of the all-pink/too much perfume wearing Hello Kitty collecting peroxide blonde girly type. Just seems obnoxious but maybe that's classism

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I don't know, I never asked a woman if she thinks Jordan Peterson quoting incels are attractive to her. But being an incel and quoting Jordan Peterson isn't necessarily what I'd refer to as "manliness". Without trying to further define manliness, I can tell that I personally find manly women unattractive and most women don't like too feminine men. In some way it's the gender differences that make the genders attractive to each other (regardless whether they're socially constructed or biologically determined or both).

Overthinking manliness makes you look like you have issues/insecurities in that department, though. These self-identifying "alpha male" types who do everything to appear more masculine, including intentionally speaking at a lower pitch than naturally and acting rougher than they are, are the male equivalent of the all-pink/too much perfume wearing Hello Kitty collecting peroxide blonde girly type. Just seems obnoxious but maybe that's classism

Right, but but what you’re talking about is physical attractiveness. “Manliness”, on the other hand, is a social construct - and an outdated one at that.

And trying to conform to it, or at least to the outward trappings of it, makes you look extremely silly these days and, yes, a loser.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Right, but but what you’re talking about is physical attractiveness. “Manliness”, on the other hand, is a social construct - and an outdated one at that.

And trying to conform to it, or at least to the outward trappings of it, makes you look extremely silly these days and, yes, a loser.

I don't know, "manliness" is a very broad term and I don't think it just refers to some outdated stereotypical idea of a certain fixed role men should conform to in society. It's broader than that and refers to everything related to belonging to the male gender (willingly or unwillingly).

The concept of "loser" is a social construct in itself and is rooted in a thinking that life is a competitive game where you can either win or lose. Identity is formed solely along the axis of "winning" and "losing", and so is a human's worth. A very dehumanising ideology

• Like 2