IGNORED

Barker - Utility

• 1 month later...

Beyond Barker & Baumecker's work, is there anything else (artists/albums) I should check out on the strength of Debiasing and Utility? I know I'm late to the party, but this is easily my favorite discovery this year.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but Utility + Debiasing EP (I listen to these interchangeably) have entered into my top 10. I have like Boards of Canada level esteem for the sound design of these beautiful records. If you're a techno fan and haven't listened to it - please do. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 4:29 AM, Nil said:

While I 100% agree with the post above, I still prefer the EPs to the LP.

TBH his whole discography is an embarrassment of riches to me. Even the remixes. This guy has struck a serious chord with me and I never saw it coming. Sometimes I run into things on Spotify that just bowl me over and this is one of them. 

Edit: Hedonic Treadmill and Models of Well-Being kind of tip Utility over the line for me. I’d argue Debiasing is a perfect EP, but Utility is just this gorgeous psychedelic joy ride and I don’t know if I’ll ever get over it for the rest of my music listening life even with 300+ albums on my shelves and all these gigs of mp3s.

I mean seriously I found this in September 2021 and it along with Hoavi’s “Music for Six Rooms” have been in HARD rotation to this day. That honestly just doesn’t happen to me that often with new music I’m sad to say. Nobody IRL gives a fuck about this though so I thought I’d share this here where I knew you guys would get what I mean. 

im not that picky about which barker I just honestly want to hear barker of some kind everyday and I feel no signs of stopping

Edited by thedisavowed
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, species8472 said:

fyi there is a new barker remix of planetary assault system 

Thought it was gonna stay minimal and bangin like the rest of Luke's EP but he hit the Tangerine Dream button in the second half and it rocks so hard. Lush on a Real Train.