IGNORED

Tool - Fear Inoculum (August 30th, 2019)

Money shot is still prob my fav by them but new 1 might just knock it off top spot!

Was also bit underwhelmed ? by singles when I heard them in isolation but love them now in context of the album, though tbf think it is an album a lot of people on here wouldn't enjoy, but I love it!

17 hours ago, Blir said:

I still haven't listened to the thing from start to finish either. Always tap out around track three... It all just kinda blended into the same sound for me. Damn it I might have to give it another try.

7empest FFS! 

18 hours ago, Blir said:

I still haven't listened to the thing from start to finish either. Always tap out around track three... It all just kinda blended into the same sound for me. Damn it I might have to give it another try.

ha! I also found myself doing the same when this first came out. thanks to this thread being bumped I decided to try again last night and nope, had the same reaction...made it to the end of the 2nd track then changed to something else. not saying the whole thing is bad, I do like some of the stuff toward the end of the album, it just seems to take a looooong time to get started and IMO the noodling/softer parts take up way too much room. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 3:06 PM, kirm said:

Yeah would be up for album by them 3 the witness track is pretty nice. Also still hoping for a Danny album of synth and drum jams at somepoint

Btw don't think it has its own thread but new Puscifer album is awesome..couldn't really be much further away from Tools sound but personally I'm very much enjoying it   

it's a grower. i'm now really enjoying it. looking like it will be my favorite puscifer album. spacious sound, easy to listen through. 

and yeah definitely divergent from the josh eustis era and early stuff, which was more technoey, but watmm appreciates bowie, i think. this kind of reminds me of him. maynard singing in a higher register and less growly, maybe. i think it serves him well, if i'm not imagining it.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, scumtron said:

7empest FFS! 

Cheers, yeah when I said I might have to give it another try I didn't get around to it until today. Inspired by the video floating around on reddit atm of Danny Carey live drumming on Pneuma I listened to Pneuma and 7empest. I enjoyed Pneuma even if it's sort of Schism again. 7empest is legit fantastic on first listen and really sticks out as potentially one of their best tracks. I think I will have to give the album another listen finally from start to finish, maybe I just wasn't in the mood before.

Nearly 4 years on from FI and still no rumblings of any new material eh. I wonder if they'll ever bang out another album. Shame if not.

Tool bump? Cool.

Glad I saw them live on their recent tour. Was pretty cool. Very Pink Floyd vibes during the show. Floyd get a lot of hate as well don’t they? Especially from Indie type, old NME reading crowd. Seems like the same sort of folk who would hate Pink Floyd also really hate Tool. Which is fine but I’ve always thought a little over-the-top. A bit peculiar. Bloviating a load of hate for bands who made Lateralus, or DSOTM, or Animals doesn’t really make sense to me to be honest…..Do you know what I’m getting at? Are they really as bad as some people make out? Hmmmm. It doesn’t really add up. Anyway just thinking out loud really ? 

Have a nice day 

(quite like Beer Inoculum as well)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...