IGNORED

MOST IDM 2020 - OPEN CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

Soloman Tump

1 minute ago, rhmilo said:

Field recordings?

But what if the very thing that was recorded in fact were reverbs and delays that as a result are then saved in the field recording? That would make the field recording pretty useless, wouldn't it? Therefore just simply saying "field recordings?" completely misses the point. Please don't say it again

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, darreichungsform said:

But what if the very thing that was recorded in fact were reverbs and delays that as a result are then saved in the field recording? That would make the field recording pretty useless, wouldn't it? Therefore just simply saying "field recordings?" completely misses the point. Please don't say it again

Field recordings.

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:
8 hours ago, ignatius said:

making an ambient record w/o delay or reverb

Actually a good idea. Do such records exist?

I guess basically all of the ambient made on trackers back in the 90s would count. Unless you count playing the same notes with decreasing volumes as "delay". That's just simply because there were no DSP effects in trackers back then.

Also I'm sure I've heard some pretty dry ambient but can't for the life of me remember what it was. You actually don't necessarily need reverb even for giving the feeling of space if you just use long release times. 

Chopping your arm off to get a prothesis that you hack to output CV to a vibrator in your ass. Then you sadwank furiously with headphones and VR goggles to a VR version of Windowlicker using both your arms. 

58 minutes ago, Psychotronic said:

Chopping your arm off to get a prothesis that you hack to output CV to a vibrator in your ass. Then you sadwank furiously with headphones and VR goggles to a VR version of Windowlicker using both your arms. 

But you do know that it's very tiring to grow arms.

Watching a raccoon struggle to climb down the side of a house and feeling kinda embarrassed for it because if anything, it should be totally in its element doing something like that. 

7 hours ago, Psychotronic said:

This sounds like a Matmos album!

Archived