IGNORED

Capitalist Bootlicker thread

chenGOD

33 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Did anyone of you ever got their hands on any Grado headphones? I'm curious what they sound like. Are they worth the ridiculous prices?

Grados are a bit polarizing, as they're generally very bright, so you'll certainly want to avoid them if you're treble-sensitive. They're also mostly on-ear, if I'm not mistaken, which is not for everyone either.

As high-end headphones go, I'd say they're actually quite affordable though. A couple of years ago, 2.500 bucks would buy you some of the best cans on the market. Nowadays, you can easily spend 4000,- for a TOTL model.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Did anyone of you ever got their hands on any Grado headphones? I'm curious what they sound like. Are they worth the ridiculous prices?

A friend has a pair at their family cottage. Fucking great if you are listening to jazz, classical, acoustic stuff, classic rock/yacht rock/adult contemporary/vapourwave. Not so good for teh IDMz. That's what my old shitty ears tell me anyways.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

A friend has a pair at their family cottage. Fucking great if you are listening to jazz, classical, acoustic stuff, classic rock/yacht rock/adult contemporary/vapourwave. Not so good for teh IDMz. That's what my old shitty ears tell me anyways.

+1. Low end is basically non-existent. Very bright, hurt my ears actually the high end is too loud. 

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

+1. Low end is basically non-existent. Very bright, hurt my ears actually the high end is too loud. 

Treble monsters 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Treble monsters 

Did you just quote your own post in the same post? WTF, that's some inception level shit, man. ?

• Haha 2

To be fair the ones I heard were lower end ones, probably 400-$500 (I don’t recall the model). I can’t imagine the high end ones would have major issues otherwise they wouldn’t command thousands of dollars as a sale price ?‍♂️

I think Grados used to be quite cheap for what they were back in the day, and outperforming other headsets at their pricepoint. I had some that sounded pretty  damned good for a cheap pair of cans back in the day. Problem is, they just weren't very comfortable at all and leaky as hell, I could hear everything around me, and everyone around me could hear my music. 

I believe their headset design is pretty much the same as back then, and have gone considerably up in price (at least over here). 

Edited by Silent Member
  • Thanks 1

Good news everyone, I was unable to secure a PS5 pre-order so now I'm just going to wait it out until they release a less gaudy slim version down the line.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, rhmilo said:

Had to look that up but ... holy crap a €300 tooth brush?

Isn't that what this thread is all about? ? (that's what my shit-eating grin will look like once I've acquired that sexy thing come Black Friday 2021 or whenever it becomes affordable for us mere peasants).

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

Good news everyone, I was unable to secure a PS5 pre-order so now I'm just going to wait it out until they release a less gaudy slim version down the line.

I'm happy for you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I ordered the one with the disc drive that will never be used  :emotawesomepm9:

A very fine investment!

Yeah, I like their approach to stuff but this one really seems like a half assed april fools item, especially at that price point. I mean good on them trying to have fun with radio, but jeez. They lost it.

11 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Yeah, I like their approach to stuff but this one really seems like a half assed april fools item, especially at that price point. I mean good on them trying to have fun with radio, but jeez. They lost it.

imo the price/marketing make sense compared to, say, apple's speaker offerings, and the fact theyre upselling the design aspect of it, and the high-end audio.  then the 'radio/rewind' feature is just the oddball feature that te always likes to put in.

Fair enough, I guess it's my experience their synth stuff sounds crunchy and lofi, so maybe I'm not just trusting the hifi aspect. Their IKEA line of speakers was pretty reasonably priced I think, but I have no idea how good it sounds.

7 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

My grandma was in possession of a splinter from the very cross on which our lord Jesus Christ was crucified, but she wouldn't have sold it for all the money in the world.

$14.99 seems like quite the bargain tbqh.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1