IGNORED

Civilization was a mistake

zlemflolia

2 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

Very well said.  A mental virus and a virus of the body.  It becomes accustomed to certain things which, if it never experienced, it would have been fine without.

sounds like you have the plot of your first syfy fantasy novel all but wrapped up. 

"in a world... "

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

It becomes accustomed to certain things which, if it never experienced, it would have been fine without.

this is the same argument I make when my girlfriend thinks it's cute to bring the cat outside

i dont think i've ever played any civ game...i am not good with those type of games...and i am not so good at civilization either it turns out...maybe we live in a civ type sim...shit

1 minute ago, azatoth said:

i dont think i've ever played any civ game...i am not good with those type of games...and i am not so good at civilization either it turns out...maybe we live in a civ type sim...shit

Then just think of the games as practice....?

27 minutes ago, azatoth said:

you can watch Trump and Xi playing civilization in real time. One thinks he's playing on Settler difficulty, the other plays on Deity. It's real time, just turn on the telly

I never actually played any of the Civ games. But I remember Civ V being mentioned as part of a hint when I was playing XCOM: Enemy Within when trying to sniff out EXALT HQ.

2 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

I never actually played any of the Civ games. But I remember Civ V being mentioned as part of a hint when I was playing XCOM: Enemy Within when trying to sniff out EXALT HQ.

You really should - they're great fun. They're all good, with my favs being II, IV and V (with expansion packs) but can't speak to VI yet as I haven't played it.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

13 hours ago, 3 pages? 

we're bored man! arguments are always great entertainment. 

I say let's have more meaningless discussions to distract us from this mundanity!

12 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I dunno, the series has had like 25 years. I still haven't gotten around to playing Civ VI though. Tough to choose between IV and V. I think V might edge it, but that's just cause of the introduction of the hex grid. Fun times though!

No.  Civ IV with expansions is best.  

I've modded it so on the discovery of radio instead of building the rock'n'roll wonder you can build the IDM wonder.  Costs half as many shields but doesnt make anyone happy, does not affect cultural output, and other civs won't trade anything useful for your 'hit singles'.

I don't really buy the evolved from apes thing. More like aliens fucked an ape. We always need it around 72 degrees. Somewhere there is a planet that is a bit colder where our masters come from

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

I've modded it so on the discovery of radio instead of building the rock'n'roll wonder you can build the IDM wonder.  Costs half as many shields but doesnt make anyone happy, does not affect cultural output, and other civs won't trade anything useful for your 'hit singles'.

Lads, I'll be honest I was happy with this one, and the return of 1 like in 1 hour has left me pretty disappointed.  Not with me, but with you.  I know it's a bit niche, but still.

If we can get this post up to a hundred likes I'll make a £50 donation to the charity of watmm's choice.

Archived