IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

14 minutes ago, tailings said:

Which previous ae album sucked?  Not, 'it sucked at first but then it clicked', but actually sucked for all time?

So, that.

I gotta make it clear that I agree with this, I dont think any ae release sucks (I even really dig those Lego Feet releases), SIGN has a pretty incredible chance of not sucking

26 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

great, an ambient album

yawns in anticipation*

Ambient has become one of those many junk terms which are bandied around without any real context.  Kinda like calling Sonic Youth 'drone'.  A noisy, feedback-y 3 minute alt rock song is not drone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tailings said:

Which previous ae album sucked?  Not, 'it sucked at first but then it clicked', but actually sucked for all time?

So, that.

You're making me blush:

4 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

Errrrr... yyyyyyeaaah.

I think Quaristice, Quaristice versions and EPs, and Oversteps suckedalso elseq was so-so

26 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

great, an ambient album

yawns in anticipation*

You forgot the liquid-limbed swag, tendons and muscle, and let's not forget shapeshifting synthesis growing semblances of glowing hair and teeth and skin. So, not ambient.

• Like 1

HA!  Caught it.  Adchoice on Kongregate.  

58073974_ScreenShot2020-09-12at11_45_16AM.thumb.png.f767fa60ee8dba8f75d3306a6f4eeec2.png

9 minutes ago, very honest said:

pressing ctrl + alt + down (windows) on the ae store page causes an interesting result

Do tell.  No worky on Mac.

CONSPRICY TIME! 

people on last.fm are scrobbling si00, M4 Lema and gr4 which i'm just so sure is not fake leek tracks??? .... .... .... . .. . .  . . journos with last.fm accounts????S?S?S??!?!?!?!?S?!?!?D?d?@@??2

image.png.a4259c76979ea4d0d18c1c809e4da27c.png

13 minutes ago, tailings said:

Man, I'm old.  Learned of two new 'words' today.  "Emosh" and now "scrobble".  I can confidently, grumpily assert that the world needed neither.

I guess you are old, haha. Last.fm was cool around 2003-2005. All kids scrobbled back then - I scrobble to this day, lol. I love statistics and I have statistics of my music listening habits of the last 15 years of my life. Is it useful? No. Do I love it? Yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eclipsis said:

I guess you are old, haha. Last.fm was cool around 2003-2005. All kids scrobbled back then - I scrobble to this day, lol. I love statistics and I have statistics of my music listening habits of the last 15 years of my life. Is it useful? No. Do I love it? Yeah.

I've been familiar with last.fm since that time but never made the site a habit.  Always preferred discogs for straight up information and my own catalog for listening.  That left last.fm without a purpose, to me at least.

I'm all for statistics.  Numbers, lists, percentages, graphs, spreadsheets, all fun stuff.  Scrobble?  Not a clue.  As made up words go, it's just odd.  As my wife commented when I asked her, "It sounds like boogers".

8 minutes ago, tailings said:

I've been familiar with last.fm since that time but never made the site a habit.  Always preferred discogs for straight up information and my own catalog for listening.  That left last.fm without a purpose, to me at least.

I'm all for statistics.  Numbers, lists, percentages, graphs, spreadsheets, all fun stuff.  Scrobble?  Not a clue.  As made up words go, it's just odd.  As my wife commented when I asked her, "It sounds like boogers".

You have a wife, we have a scrobble. Life's fair

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Now I remember why I didn't like last.fm.  They seemed to have great difficulty parsing artists with identical names:

https://www.last.fm/music/Darren+Tate

Even now, though the Overview description acknowledges there are two Darren Tate's, the site still has the two artists concatenated into one listing.  One can only imagine the mess for a band name like 'Satan'.

Grump, grump, grumpidy grump.....

1 hour ago, tailings said:

1 hour ago, Amen Lare said:

You have a wife, we have a scrobble. Life's fair

Would you like to scrobble? :catbed:

• Like 1