IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

People should stop whining about the meme culture. I agree, it is totally stupid.
But there is so much more to this group. Something endlessly creative. Intellectually unmatched.

We have SaenPls.
And we have the lol quotes of death. Sometimes even spiced with lels.
Plus the weirdos who still think RDJ made good music post Windowlicker.

So pls appreciate what you've got. Not the time for Teartears.

lol.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

- what was it like to make this album? 

SAM: we were just messing about really.

ROBER: yeah, it's like a spaceship really. how like, a spaceship from an alien can land so elegantly.

haha why is this so accurate

12 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

It’s a bit ironic using autechre as an example for this in a way, given that a ton of their live shows are done in pitch black no? 

A live show is a bit different to an album, though. It's a one-time experience and they don't think people watching them adds to it. If they were the sort to put their faces on the album covers then maybe it'd be a bit weirder.

Basically, I doubt they'd be paying for tDR to design album covers unless they felt it benefited the music in some way.

12 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

It’s a bit ironic using autechre as an example for this in a way, given that a ton of their live shows are done in pitch black no? 

A live show is a bit different to an album, though. It's a one-time experience and they don't think people watching them adds to it. If they were the sort to put their faces on the album covers then maybe it'd be a bit weirder.

Basically, I doubt they'd be paying for tDR to design album covers unless they felt it benefited the music in some way.

Edited by purlieu
  • Like 1

Close the thread down. At least that way the forum users can take steps towards pretending it never existed. Denial is the only way forward at this point. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on some of these pages. A true abomination and another sad chapter in the history of this website. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 3

12 minutes ago, Schlitze said:

Close the thread down. At least that way the forum users can take steps towards pretending it never existed. Denial is the only way forward at this point. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on some of these pages. A true abomination and another sad chapter in the history of this website. 

release some tunes rdj

so we can really make Schlitze blush

2 hours ago, AnwarAutokino said:

haha why is this so accurate

They said similar things in previous 'views, me recognized the references (the landing one owes to Oversteps intro description)

1 hour ago, BUNKUM said:

Got an email from Money Supermarket today...

Untitled-1.jpg

Shiiet, this for real https://www.moneysupermarket.com/

spacer.png

Edited by Amen Lare
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BUNKUM said:

Yes, quite a well known company in the UK, they have a big ad campaign on TV at the moment. They've had this logo for a while.

Hmmm, kinda makes you think, when even the form is identical (the "e"). Like most obviously, Money Super Market is MSM and MSM is for mainstream media.

Tho it seems, someone was heavily inspired by Ae tour logo, added this coloured "aura" and then it got reflected back by tDR (consciously?)

From wiki:

In March 2019, a new campaign, in tandem with a new logo, was launched featuring a parachuting cat and was narrated by comedian and voice over artist Matt Berry.

This is why a lot of people were not fans of that artwork. It definitely resembles bad corporate logo art of the last few years. And I don't think it was on purpose either.

I just think Tdr are out of touch.

I am hoping it looks better in person ie on a record.

Ref: multitude of meme's....

Its just a bit of fun in an otherwise shit world whilst we wait for a new album from some electronic music legends!

Ref:- the artwork....

Maybe they know it looks like the money supermarket logo, and they are trollin'

But I quite like it.

Edited by Soloman Tump

9 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

This is why a lot of people were not fans of that artwork. It definitely resembles bad corporate logo art of the last few years. And I don't think it was on purpose either.

I'm also not a fan, but it seems very plausible that this was a "fuck you, we know you stole our shit" reaction. Especially if the album has nothing to do with ae_live sonically -- why the fuck would they use this old design? Never done that before.

23 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I would never want to bad mouth TDR, they’ve done amazing work in the past and are a huge influence on my own design philosophy. I just don’t get this artwork and seeing the Money Super Market logo has just confused me even more.