IGNORED

Jupiter Ascending

Rubin Farr

A culprit that is not the bass fart is noise oscillator with a low pass filter modulated by a square wave i.e. 1:29 of the godzilla trailer.

It also has all of the rising atonal string section Penderecki ripoff that has plagued cinema for decades. It's not that it isn't effective, but now we are in the post formula age where Warner Bros probably has a template algorithm that creates these trailers.

You know what was a good trailer but terrible movie? battle LA.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so yeah I am in for Godzilla and Jupiter Ascending because I enjoy popular shit and escaping.

Godzilla will be the big earner though while Jupiter Ascending is going to be the Willow of today.

Shlock fantasy that I will eat up like sugar-filled empty portions of fried escapism.

Pretty much all Hollywood productions I've seen lately, have been a let down, ESPECIALLY after watching trailers.

I enjoyed The Hobbit, I enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook.. but that was it. Everything else just seemed.. shallow.

i can't be the only person who thinks godzilla looks fucking badass
You are not.
I'm genuinely excited about Godzilla. I also really like the new roar.

Of course not *actually great* but for a monster movie

i hate this quote so much

A culprit that is not the bass fart is noise oscillator with a low pass filter modulated by a square wave i.e. 1:29 of the godzilla trailer.

It also has all of the rising atonal string section Penderecki ripoff that has plagued cinema for decades. It's not that it isn't effective, but now we are in the post formula age where Warner Bros probably has a template algorithm that creates these trailers.

LOL

that's ligeti LOL Penderecki ripoff is this a music forum?

Looks pretty cool. Some of the photography looks kind of like Blade Runner, so I'm down to check it out.

Elysium & Cosmopolis were some pretty tight recent Hollywood productions.

Cosmopolis fucking sucked.

Elysium & Cosmopolis were some pretty tight recent Hollywood productions.

Didn't see them, don't have an opinion.

However, my point could reflect my own shallowness, however hard I want to deny that I am not.

I do act quite shallow out there.. or just hard-to-reach in general.

I see that in a lot of people around me, or maybe it's what I focus on.

-edit-

Or maybe act like that because I emit that kind of energy.

Fffffffiddlesticks

LOL

what are you saying is ligeti?

Have the Wachowskis had a major hit since the last Matrix movie? I don't know how they keep getting these big budget movies funded.

As mentioned, V for Vendetta did OK and Speed Racer (never saw it) did OK. Cloud Atlas was fucking awesome as far as I'm concerned, although lots of people disliked it. Technically it was an independent movie and so actually they did struggle to fund that one. Hollywood was not on board.

Have the Wachowskis had a major hit since the last Matrix movie? I don't know how they keep getting these big budget movies funded.

As mentioned, V for Vendetta did OK and Speed Racer (never saw it) did OK. Cloud Atlas was fucking awesome as far as I'm concerned, although lots of people disliked it. Technically it was an independent movie and so actually they did struggle to fund that one. Hollywood was not on board.

Ah, that makes more sense. I didn't love the film myself, but I can only be so hard on super ambitious SF.

• 3 months later...

LOL

what are you saying is ligeti?

the music. and ligeti is far from a penderecki ripoff, the mans a genius.

Archived