IGNORED

Scott Walker and Sunn O))) - Soused

kaini

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if lullaby is a re-recording of the track scott wrote for ute lemper?

I have to admit that this came to mind for me as well. Would be killer to hear a different take on it. Not that it needs it though.

• 3 weeks later...

lol I thought that preview sounded complete horseshit, heheh

i'll take a horseshit in the streets of galway, sonnyboy

thought it sounded pretty good imo

it's a record which is a collaboration between some guys who make 20 minute tracks with one chord, and a seventy year old man with making really... scary and impenetrable music with sometimes hilarious lyrics.

not sure what you were expecting. i was expecting this, pretty much.

it's a record which is a collaboration between some guys who make 20 minute tracks with one chord, and a seventy year old man with making really... scary and impenetrable music with sometimes hilarious lyrics.

not sure what you were expecting. i was expecting this, pretty much.

you're right, it does sound what the description says on the tin

I'll give it a listen, but I do know a lot of what sunn o))) produces critics seem to fawn over, but I always take them with a pinch of salt. I thought that monoliths and dimensions was also ridiculously over rated. Any way it's just my opinion, and in the great scheme of things means jack shit lol. Just trying to maintain a bit of equilibrium to a balancing act I'm bound to lose.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Not reallly a fan of sunn0(( despite giving them a few listens. so yeah preview sounds exactly as you would imagine. kind of a shame, shouldn't they be pushing each other?

new swalker is new swalker even with some doomy rock dirge backing

idea: I'd love to hear someone take his vocals and layer them atop sickly sweet MOR strings like he used to use. the juxtaposition of his new vocal style with his old sound could be interesting or terrible.

idea 2: swalker working with some decent electronic producers. i dunno who. but his own music uses guitars so lets try something else.

Archived