IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks?

Joyrex

SoundCloud Tracks  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay For a Physical Release of the SoundCloud Tracks (see topic for details before answering)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (provide reasoning)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that somebody will press up a number of bootleg vinyl editions as has been done with CWLP. Obviously, with only a handful of the Soundcloud tracks, but it could be several editions over time.

• 2 months later...

You know as long as they're remastered, I don't see why not, and I still would do it if they weren't. I just like the idea of having the 'best of the best' from the soundcloud dermp, even if they aren't chosen by me.

Guest bitroast

re-recorded/mastered/pressed on vinyl... some of the tracks would be sooooo fucking lush. would buy it in a heart beat.

the more tracks the better ^^

(just provided it's not pressed rushup edge style with 1 track per side at 45rpm.. and heaps of tracks on the album ... that package would probably be TOO Much. a happy medium would be good:) )

Guest Chesney

I really doubt that RDJ thinks enough of these doodles to make a release. I would however love to hear a few of them given "the treatment"

I really doubt that RDJ thinks enough of these doodles to make a release. I would however love to hear a few of them given "the treatment"

"doodles"? Erm, a lot of these are finished tracks, some of which were destined for release at one point (and some actually were released, albeit tweaked just a bit).

Guest Chesney

you know what I mean. a lot of them ARE working progresses that didn't get past some sort of quality control and some are straight doodles. some however are real good that maybe should have been "tweaked" for release.

however, they are all great for whatever reason.

but lets not kid ourselves that they ALL need to be physically released.

Like I said before, some are so good that I would love to hear them with an up to date treatment and maybe a Chosen lords type deal.

Honestly, I'd buy a physical release of some key songs that work more as actual tunes than works in progress, but I don't think I see myself buying this whole massive volume in physical form. Maybe if the packaging is lush enough I'd consider it!

Guest Chesney

I'd be happy to be compiling consultant if you need someone that is an impartial judge and not a crazed super fan. ;)

there's a lot of talk (and resulting backtalk) going on in here about physical releases of these tracks, but for me the most important thing is the mastering of these tracks, which I am very very excited to hear about. it's like a lot of people have said, some of these are absolute gems that could be regarded as instant classics if only they sounded a little less hazy.

richard has said himself he has everything he needs to make them sound "a lot better", and that he's willing to do it if there's enough interest for it. i'm insanely, incredibly grateful to be able to hear them in the first place, but if remastering is an option, then let's go for it! the opportunity is there and i welcome it with a big heart and a sound, breakdancing mind.

Archived