IGNORED

While - 1998

Extralife

https://while.bandcamp.com/album/1998

An unsung hero of mine for the golden era of early IDM.  His releases on Chocolate Industries/SKAM are essential in my book. His album "Lock" never left my car back in '98 (and was one of the finest Ae-inspired albums at the time).  I was just relistening to Lock the other day - and am super hyped/surprised to see that Chris is putting these out. 

Take a time machine back to '98, sit back, and enjoy.

Edited by Extralife
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nice! Yes, Haze & Slip were, as you mention, always jockeying for position in my Discman in the spring of 2001; along with Schematic's Lily of the Valley, they kind of defined that moment for me.

I'd highly recommend all of his back catalogue.  Lock is probably my favorite for sentimental reasons - I literally wore out my cd back in the 90s.  It's all good though - if you are into that crunchy early IDM/hip hop sound.  

After two listens through, this is a really great set. Acetone and Vane might be my favorites here.

He's also got lossless version of his A1 track from the MASK 400 comp.  Highly recommended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dumplings said:

Sounds great! Are any of his other releases available anywhere?

I don’t think any of the old Chocolate Industries stuff is on Bandcamp or available to purchase, aside from discogs. Still worth tracking down though.

• Like 1

^Seconded. I ended up scoring 99% of the albums, eps and singles he released to vinyl. Its all pretty much amazing and available for fairly reasonable prices on discogs. Certainly worth seeking out. 

• Like 2