IGNORED

mira calix - a̶b̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ origin

thumbass

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Just heard this today, I don't dislike it. I haven't really checked out Mira's music before, never seemed like my thing. But I might check out this LP.

One on one is actually really nice, kinda has an Autechre feel going for it

Not what I was expecting, though I haven't listened to Mira Calix for a while. Will check out this album. 

Have a soft spot for both One on One and Skimskitta, the singles Ilanga and Nunu are great too. 

This is pretty good. Proper weirdness. Especially like 'Transport Me''.

As a collage person i like of the video and aesthetic as well.

Quite the Dada feel both musically and visually.

Will check the full album.

Edited by thefxbip

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased. 

I wasn't feeling the first single initially, but after mark of resistance - wicked track and great album opener, nice groove when everything comes together - there is always a girl with a secret finally clicked for me. 

this is a grower for sure. it's really weird in a good compelling way. "Like Jenga" is thumping and that synth is great and then that high violin comes in late and i emitted a nervous laugh for some reason (joy?) and was captivated. overall it's a nice fresh scramble for my head and i'm liking it a lot. it's a fresh sounding sample collage which i guess is the point. well done. 

been listening to this this morning. a refreshing release for me. idk what it is about it but it all fits so well together and is just the right amount of beats/synths/samples/vocals and stuff. some really nice arrangements in these tracks and it all sounds good/mixed/mastered well. it's playful.  the collage aspect of it really comes through. lot's of different vibes pulled out of these sounds. a good mental floss or audio floss for all the things i've been listening to for months.