IGNORED

DJ Sprinkles & Mark Fell - Incomplete Insight (2012-2015) [CD-only, no digitals]

Rubin Farr

59 minutes ago, Herr Jan said:

I'm against manufactured exclusivity, and for sharing music with anyone who wants to hear it. At the same time I like buying and supporting as much music as I can. Letting your exclusive limited to 50 copies record catching dust in the elite shelves without anyone being able to listen to it is a travesty. The value is in the music. 

I also own pretty much everything in those photos too except for that Performative Utterances record which I missed when it was sold, and I didn't want some discogs shark get way too much money without any of it going to the artist. Glad I found it on slsk after all those years wanting to be able to just hear it. 

Caved in into buying this 2CD even though all the exclusity bore to it, which meant I had to buy from boomkat, which came down to paying 40+ euros for a 2CD (import tax and forced to pay for tracking), with some tracks I already have from other records I own. No way to just buy the digitals (which are already in circulation now anyway) is a shame and I am really wondering why I still bought this because I don't agree with everything about Sprinkles' way of business (which probably means I am not even allowed to listen to it) and I already heard it without getting the CD in. I still like supporting the artists though, unfortunately in this case that means spending money on trivial stuff like shipping and import taxes.

Anyway, the music on it is really great, love it. 

Agreed. Music for deep relaxation ?

2 hours ago, Key said:

I broadly agree with Sprinkles and think its a decent approach to take, although I imagine it would not be possible to do with a less sympathetic fanbase. 

Theres something to be said about developing a sense of mystery and exclusivity about the presentation ones work that feeds into the music itself. I didn't really get into Sprinkles til quite late in the game cause it was so hard to find.  

I remember he refused to sell me his discography in mp3 released on limited dvd just because I live in Russia.  arguing that I will upload it all into the network.  the funniest thing is that almost all the exclusive and previously unreleased tracks from this edition has already surfaced in the open spaces of slsk. 

I wanted to support him/her, in the end he/she returned the money to me.  WTF?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, egoretop said:

I remember he refused to sell me his discography in mp3 released on limited dvd just because I live in Russia.  arguing that I will upload it all into the network.  the funniest thing is that almost all the exclusive and previously unreleased tracks from this edition has already surfaced in the open spaces of slsk. 

lol, jfc.

2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Performative Utterances was £100+ new, it's some wanky boutique art edition thing

I think you would not refuse to buy Quaristice/Quadrange (with bonus tracks) LP boxset for £200 ;) everything is relative.

58 minutes ago, egoretop said:

I think you would not refuse to buy Quaristice/Quadrange (with bonus tracks) LP boxset for £200 ;) everything is relative.

That’s different… Awtekaa is awtekaa!

• Like 2

developing an off-putting, byzantine gatekeeping exercise because you're too weird to create a burner gmail account to, in their words, "friendly request" someone take down popular and hard to find music from youtube is really hilarious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, species8472 said:

just incentivizes me to pirate it. 
if there were digitals i already would have bought it. 

you didn't even get a download after purchasing it on boomkat, which is what did immediately incentivise me to upload straight to wetransfer when the CDs arrived

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 8:46 AM, egoretop said:

so Sprinkles showered you in gold?

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

so Sprinkles showered you in gold?

I lost on the exchange rate plus PayPal fee.  Even a collaboration with Mark is easier to order from boomkat than to buy directly from Terre. COVID-19 bla bla bla...  as he explains. I safely receive parcels from Japan, although the delivery has become longer over the past year, but this is already a matter of price, FedEx is no problem.

Well, at least he started uploading music to bandcamp.

8 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

An utter boring whingebag of a person and artist.

but with all this makes pretty good music))))

The most wonderful of those with whom I had the opportunity to talk was Amon Tobin, he came to us at the festival in St. Petersburg.