IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - Rituals (e7.001)

purlieu

future-sound-of-london-rituals.jpg

"The much acclaimed Environments series returns with an exclusive to Record Store Day vinyl edition of “RITUALS” the first in the Environment 7 trilogy - a 13 track album of new recordings by The Future Sound of London, engineered by Yage. Delicate melodies collide with deeply fragmented electronics - surfing atop muted rhythms and beats. Unique and unplaced the FSOL are unrivalled in art-electronic."

LP coming for Record Store Day. CD, digital and further LP copies will ship from FSOLDigital the week after.

This is the first 'proper' new FSOL album since the Environmental disc of Archived Environmental : Views which was initially a RSD release five years ago. What's really interesting here is that the cover and blurb seem to just be calling it Rituals, as part of the Environments series, which basically makes it the first FSOL album with its own standalone title since Dead Cities.

No tracklist yet, but a few tracks known to be coming from the Environment Seven trilogy:
Northern Point
An unnamed track that opens this mix by Brian's brother
A piano & string interpretation of Schubert’s Piano Sonata in A, featuring Morven Bryce on violin
A breaksy track called 'Rituals', played on the Touched Music FSOL Night show last July.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Really curious to hear how this sounds. 

The totally new art style and return to proper album titles (while still within the Environments series) really suggests to me this might be quite different, it almost feels like a new era.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A1. Hopiate
A2. Triple Circles
A3. Somewhere Outside
A4. Ritualised
A5. Time Cone
A6. Solar Signals
B1. Sand to Ocean
B2. Far Seeker
B3. Slowly Slipped Away
B4. Visibility Accumulation
B5. I Am Error
B6. Colour Primary
B7. Time Passed The Sun

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Can't get over how weird 'I Am Error' is as a FSOL track title.

Funny. First thing I thought when I saw that track title was that it reminded me of We Have Explosive. 

Any idea where this will be made available online? I think I previously picked up their RSD Environments 3LP release from Deejay.de

Edit: Google solved my queries (Juno, Rough Trade)

Edited by kichiguy

CD & digital tracklist:
1. Hopiate
2. Triple Circles
3. Somewhere Outside
4. Ritualised
5. Time Cone
6. Solar Signal
7. Sand to Ocean
8. Far Seeker
9. Slowly Slipped Away
10. Visibility Accumulation
11. I Am Error
12. Colour Primary
13. Time Passed The Sun
14. Ebb Flow
15. Avoiding Mirrors
16. Clone A9
17. Only in Memories

Four bonus tracks!

• Like 5

On 3/15/2022 at 8:33 AM, kichiguy said:

Any idea where this will be made available online? I think I previously picked up their RSD Environments 3LP release from Deejay.de

Edit: Google solved my queries (Juno, Rough Trade)

Google didn't turn up their bandcamp? I know this release isn't listed there, but I assume that to be a matter of time. 

8 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Google didn't turn up their bandcamp? I know this release isn't listed there, but I assume that to be a matter of time. 

it will end up on their bandcamp, I prefer that to their fsoldigital site now, as you get your unlimited digitals immediately, and in all formats for the same price

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

psyched this is coming out before the Head Chakra album, and not held up by that. CD for sure!

Oh, that won't be out until next year at the earliest, there's the Mantra single to come first. Amorphous and FSOL releases run pretty much independently from each other anyway these days, there's not much issue about one delaying the other.

And yeah, Bandcamp's your best bet for this, it'll come with the full 17 track version as a download too.

• 1 month later...

Good luck to everyone seeking out a copy of this tomorrow. I was going to head into Leicester for my first ever RSD purchase but instead decided to get Covid so will spend the day in bed. Ludicrously impatient to hear it!

• Sad 2

On 2/16/2022 at 4:22 PM, Extralife said:

Really curious to hear how this sounds. I thought E6 and 6.5 was some of the best work they have ever put out. 

Yes, this. They are some of my favorite FSOL releases. Especially 6, that albums is so so good.

So this will be available digitally? I really hope so.

• Like 1