IGNORED

Yves Tumor - Praise a Lord Who Chews but Which Does Not Consume; (Or Simply, Hot Between Worlds)

Key

image.thumb.png.8b1623e1fef5c5916254d868d4401127.png

This is Yves Tumor’s most intimate and personal statement to date, guiding the listener through a conceptually manifold spiritual journey – circuitously weaving darkness to light, pop to innovation, cacophony to church-like calm.

Out now on Warp.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but its more of his poppy stuff so I guess if you dont like that then youre screwed. Lots of driving punky basslines, brass samples, hooks and stuff. Like the subtle robot effects they using on the vocals. Interesting his last album managed a 3 page thread, and this ones been out a week and nobody started one yet. Maybe people are losing appetite for this style. Or maybe nobody could be bothered with the long title.

The vocals have always been a deal breaker for me... They are a little less grating on this one, but still. Its a shame because some of the instrumentation is really cool.
Purified by the Fire is good, although its begging for an MF Doom vocal. ?‍♂️

I don't really care for the album tbh but it made me give Heaven to a Tortured Mind a second spin, which I did quite enjoy! I might actually come back to that it's really neat to my ears

in terms of this album uhhhh i think i liked the closer the most?

On 3/25/2023 at 3:37 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

like every yves tumor record... some really good tunes here, but also some really bad ones

Haven't picked any I find really bad on this, but generally agree in that he hasn't released a great record. Just good ones.

Lol It’s beautiful how we differ in taste!

Anywayz… What happened to warp? They stopped being the place for new and progressive ideas a long time ago. Can’t imagine bigger cliche of looking and sounding ‘different’ than yves tumor! Could it be more predictable, more shallow and boring?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, xox said:

Lol It’s beautiful how we differ in taste!

Anywayz… What happened to warp? They stopped being the place for new and progressive ideas a long time ago. Can’t imagine bigger cliche of looking and sounding ‘different’ than yves tumor! Could it be more predictable, more shallow and boring?!

if you look at yves tumor and you see the epitome of a cliche idk what to tell you. judge harder. yves is cool this record just isnt

15 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Haven't picked any I find really bad on this, but generally agree in that he hasn't released a great record. Just good ones.

great record ?

• Like 1

I noticed how ppl (and their art) tend to be ‘different’ in the same way and how at the same time they desperately want to be unique; i mean look at yves tumor! If that’s not desperation dunno what that is lol

Edited by xox
  • Facepalm 4

Would it be less annoying for you if he came out on stage in jeans and a tshirt? Wearing mad garish sparkly shit is kind of in the job description, dude looks like the Cat from Red Dwarf.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Key said:

Would it be less annoying for you if he came out on stage in jeans and a tshirt? Wearing mad garish sparkly shit is kind of in the job description, dude looks like the Cat from Red Dwarf.

Nah he’s not annoying to me; im rather worried about him 

On 3/29/2023 at 4:03 AM, chronical said:

great record ?

I had hopes an EP would be more solid but nah, gave this one 3/5. Two tracks are quite strong ("Secrecy Is Incredibly Important to the Both of Them" and "...And Loyalty Is a Nuisance Child") but the rest didn't work for me. Some just weak, others having annoying bits.

Changed my tune on the new album yesterday, listening to it again on my way home from work. Think it's more messy than I originally thought. If not for the post-punk instrumentation I might not really like it at all. Previous two LPs were stronger IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

WTF is this nightmare shit?

Warp has really shit the bed. Fucking Satanic trash. And the music, the entire point of it, is boring as fuck.

U Mad Reaction GIF

more Satanic art pls thx

album is alright btw. not as good as the last by a long shot, but it makes for decent driving music.

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

WTF is this nightmare shit?

Warp has really shit the bed. Fucking Satanic trash. And the music, the entire point of it, is boring as fuck.

I take your point but loads of great fucking music has been called ‘satanic trash’ in the past. And most of it is in my CD drawer ? 

I haven’t listened to this album yet because I know I won’t give a shit about it, but your post has tempted me to give it a listen

Hail Satan :diablo:

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2