IGNORED

Autechre gigs you attended and how much the ticket was

Rbrmyofr

Hello! My name is Splitradix and I am a lifelong Autechre fan. (PS who do I pay to change my username)

I live in Dublin and Autechre are playing a gig here in October in Vicar Street. The tickets cost €46.15 (40+unavoidable online ticketmaster fee). I've been digging through my archives of Autechre gigs I have attended (or ones in Dublin I missed) and how much they cost over the years and have compiled a little list of them (link below). I have a funny feeling in the back of my mind that this upcoming Dublin gig might be one of the most expensive Autechre ticket prices ever, so far, in the history of the planet.

I would love to hear from other people who have attended Autechre gigs over the years and can remember how much they cost and what date the gig was on. Please leave your data in this thread in the form of a comment if you would like to! 

Here is my list so far (NB: Irish prices pre 2001 were officially in a different currency called the Irish Punt that I convered to Euro using the correct exchange rate for simplicity, hence the slightly unusual unrounded numbers):

fEAzwnZ.png

Edited by Rbrmyofr
  • Like 4

Gas that you mention The Red Box gig, my older brother told me about that years back when I started getting in to them, that their gear went missing in transit. He said it was a much bigger deal back then though for it to be switched to a DJ gig and that some heads were looking to get their money back. iirc he stayed though and said it turned out to be an alright gig 

Edited by Sam
  • Thanks 1

Couple times in Austin, TX. Couldn't have been more than $20-$25 a show, tops.

I know this because I drew the line when KRS One tried playing that same venue and charging $30 for it. It was like a watershed moment of crappy ticket prices at that venue.

• Thanks 1

can't remember but gotta say.. you've seen Ae a lot! many more times than i've seen them. i saw them in LA 1999/2000? (the one where curtis roads opened up and everyone yelled at him to hurry up), then for that coachella gig.. i think the 1st coachella which was fun.. DJ set,  Portland 2005 (untilted tour), portland 2007/8? at the Doug Fir, quaristice tour.. then 2015 in portland for both shows at Holocene. 

i can't recall the prices for any tickets. usually 20-25ish but i can't think of what the 'deal breaker' price would be. i mean, any opportunity to go see them.. i'm gonna go. might've been more than 25 w/service fees but i don't care.  if i was healthier and flush w/cash i'd go to EU/UK for these gigs. 

• Thanks 1

Only times I saw them were at the Holocene in Portland, the Showbox in Seattle, and the Imperial in Vancouver B.C. on the 24th, 25th, & 26th respectively back in Sept 2015. As for the ticket prices, I forgor.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ambermonk said:

Only times I saw them were at the Holocene in Portland, the Showbox in Seattle, and the Imperial in Vancouver B.C. on the 24th, 25th, & 26th respectively back in Sept 2015. As for the ticket prices, I forgor.

Was with you at the Imperial! iirc they were $45ish CAD; seems a steal tbh. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, zlemflolia said:

i would pay as much as they ask, i would encourage them to charge more

Tickets should be free you filthy capitalist!

lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 5/28/2023 at 9:13 AM, Freak of the week said:

City - Zagreb, Date - 12/03/2008, Venue - KSET, Support - SND & Rob Hall, Price - 9.3 euros

image.thumb.jpg.7ce84b75832542faa301ae55dc496f11.jpg

i was there! didnt see your ugly face: spacer.png 

btw... what's the deal with dublin?!

• Thanks 1

i saw them at the paradise in boston 2005, at the mezzanine in SF in 2008, holocene in pdx 2015.  no idea on the prices

https://www.last.fm/es/event/641813+Autechre+at+Paradise+Rock+Club+on+09+May+2005

https://www.last.fm/event/463307+Autechre+at+Mezzanine+on+05+April+2008

https://ra.co/events/721049

Edited by exitonly
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, xox said:

btw... what's the deal with dublin?!

It's a bit of a shit town on the east coast of Ireland. Unfortunately lots of us country people have to move there to find employment.

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, Rbrmyofr said:

It's a bit of a shit town on the east coast of Ireland. Unfortunately lots of us country people have to move there to find employment.

hehe many croats moved to dublin for the same reason ?

Helsinki MUSIIKKITALO on 11.09.22 (support Ilpo Väisänen) came to € 65,75 each including unavoidable Ticketmaster fee.

You've got a ways to go over there in Dublin yet by the looks of it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, frozenreeds said:

Helsinki MUSIIKKITALO on 11.09.22 (support Ilpo Väisänen) came to € 65,75 each including unavoidable Ticketmaster fee.

You've got a ways to go over there in Dublin yet by the looks of it.

You are correct, that appears to be the most expensive Autechre gig that has ever taken place so far. Was that the one where Autechre released a recording of it for free to all the attendees afterwards as an apology for the sound quality at the show?

Autechre Denver Oct 17, 2015 cost $58.00 including tax for TWO tickets- I just checked the receipt in my email account

Edit: 2015 not 2014

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rbrmyofr said:

You are correct, that appears to be the most expensive Autechre gig that has ever taken place so far. Was that the one where Autechre released a recording of it for free to all the attendees afterwards as an apology for the sound quality at the show?

That was the one. It wasn't all that bad TBH (and the "holding pattern" type stuff pseudo-looping while they dealt with those issues was ace), but a lovely and very welcome gesture all the same.

On 5/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, ignatius said:

can't remember but gotta say.. you've seen Ae a lot! many more times than i've seen them. i saw them in LA 1999/2000? (the one where curtis roads opened up and everyone yelled at him to hurry up), then for that coachella gig.. i think the 1st coachella which was fun.. DJ set,  Portland 2005 (untilted tour), portland 2007/8? at the Doug Fir, quaristice tour.. then 2015 in portland for both shows at Holocene. 

i can't recall the prices for any tickets. usually 20-25ish but i can't think of what the 'deal breaker' price would be. i mean, any opportunity to go see them.. i'm gonna go. might've been more than 25 w/service fees but i don't care.  if i was healthier and flush w/cash i'd go to EU/UK for these gigs. 

I found my receipt: the Portland 2015 show at the Holocene was $25, or $28.07 with the service fee. I did buy the AE NA 2015 shirt, still rock it from time to time and feel old as hell when I do.

Rob Hall's DJ set to open while people filed in was massive, I think I was sitting in the corner on the lower end floor during this one, probably in my green BoC shirt. Cygnus gave a fun set, looked like he was having a great time jamming out. Ae's show was incredible, though I didn't yet have proper concert earplugs so my ears were doing bad, the packed room exhausted my stupid-ass swayback, and it smelled pretty damn strongly of weed whenever the door opened at all. The sound system was positively booming though, been awhile since I've been back there but I've got little negative to say about the sound there.

Edited by xyrofen
  • Thanks 1