IGNORED

AE Live 2023

Iwanttobefree

I am not listening to any of these 2023 recordings until the Dublin gig in October. Bought my ticket many weeks ago, and am extremely hyped!! First time seeing them live since 2016. And this time, I am on a full-time employment contract. Gonna clear the entire merch stand you hear me?!?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

Hah, sounds like it's picking up where London B left off, fuck yes!
🤔:music:

yeah the quality is really decent for a live recording. the performance is also really epic. sounds like they are doing some witchcraft in a magical forest 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

Venue-wise..

We talking stand-up dancing or sit-down head nods?

Sydney show was seated, Melbourne was standing 

1 hour ago, vkxwz said:

Sydney show was seated, Melbourne was standing 

Last time they were in Sydney, the levels were quiet and the set was more tinkly and ambient – and I said I wished it was seated. This time it was loud and high tempo, and I wished it was NOT seated and that I could've moved :)

Yea this is great. Between this and London B, I wonder if they are going to swing back toward some more pummeling beat workouts. An LP worth of this sort of hip hop fuckery would be so welcomed. Either way, I certainly hope this trend continues with a NA tour full of this style exploration. Sean pls. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thejewk said:

One hour into the boot it turns into a double bass solo from an Impulse era Coltrane session...

Right? Haha, pretty much what i thought on first listen... Can't wait to hear it in full quality. ❤️ Definitely another highlight among highlights.

• Like 2

Nice recording Djimbe. thanks

On 8/29/2023 at 3:37 AM, jules said:

Yea this is great. Between this and London B, I wonder if they are going to swing back toward some more pummeling beat workouts. An LP worth of this sort of hip hop fuckery would be so welcomed. Either way, I certainly hope this trend continues with a NA tour full of this style exploration. Sean pls. 

Totally agree

Thanks, @djimbe! I've just put it on and am really surprised at how different it is so far (just over five minutes in). Does this opening segment appear as one of the interludes in London B? I'm not recognizing it specifically, but it sounds familiar, and I've only listened to L-B couple of times so far.

On 8/28/2023 at 6:56 PM, Turbo Zwanengestuif said:

Yes! spot on! witchcraft in a magical forest.

if witchcraft in the forest it is, I suppose and hope it is of this kind and not of this
...but I refrain from verifying, at least until after the Venice date, that it's like, as a child, knowing where a christmas present is hidden and not unwrapping it :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1