IGNORED

AE Live 2023

Iwanttobefree

51 minutes ago, BlockUser said:

Didn't know there was a film called Hagazussa. Good title, thanks for mentioning! Trailer looks intriguing, too.

Hagazussa is a dry film, ruthless yet imbued with its own glacial poetics. It is only apparently a film about witchcraft, but it reveals itself as a declaration of the disaster that Christianity has brought, introducing the concept of "sin", and it's a surreal journey into extreme solitude. If you're going to watch it, I suggest to do it with headphones : the sound plays a leading role, especially in the second half, when the story veers towards the hallucinatory. The dubbed versions are bad: there are few words, to be received in their own language.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, monoppus said:

Really glad bits from the live sets are not referred to by made up fake names around here.

They sometimes are, though...albeit unseriously it seems. That said, I do really appreciate those live "exclusives" sets with the made-up names (which I simply don't pay attention to).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, monoppus said:

Really glad bits from the live sets are not referred to by made up fake names around here.

I asked Sean if the piece in this video had a name, simply because it was my favorite part of the 2015 soundboards. He said he probably made something up for PRS forms, but nothing more permanent than that

Edited by YELLOW
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mTesc said:

They sometimes are, though...albeit unseriously it seems. That said, I do really appreciate those live "exclusives" sets with the made-up names (which I simply don't pay attention to).

Mostly I see “that bit at 26 minutes in Helsinki” etc.

1 hour ago, YELLOW said:

I asked Sean if the piece in this video had a name, simply because it was my favorite part of the 2015 soundboards. He said he probably made something up for PRS forms, but nothing more permanent than that

those would be legitimate made up names

1 hour ago, YELLOW said:

ah... man i loved that 14 era grignani inspired dirty AE logo so much. ❤️

• Like 3

On 8/30/2023 at 5:51 PM, Draft78 said:

if witchcraft in the forest it is, I suppose and hope it is of this kind and not of this
...but I refrain from verifying, at least until after the Venice date, that it's like, as a child, knowing where a christmas present is hidden and not unwrapping it :wacko:

I must say I have seen the 'this' movie and really liked it. Haven't seen the 'this kind' one.. yet

Edited by Turbo Zwanengestuif
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 2:32 PM, YELLOW said:

I’ve been listening to this clip since it was released - this was before AE_LIVE 14/15 and I was disappointed none of the sets had this idea so explicitly - I saw that tour live too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

I’ve been listening to this clip since it was released - this was before AE_LIVE 14/15 and I was disappointed none of the sets had this idea so explicitly - I saw that tour live too

The Krakow set has this part specifically at 39:00

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 4:29 PM, Turbo Zwanengestuif said:

I must say I have seen the 'this' movie and really liked it. Haven't seen the 'this kind' one.. yet

personally it didn't involve me too much, perhaps because I had different expectations or perhaps because I had just seen the other one and it deserted me. However, I found The Lighthouse, also by Robert Eggers, very beautiful

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Draft78 said:

personally it didn't involve me too much, perhaps because I had different expectations or perhaps because I had just seen the other one and it deserted me. However, I found The Lighthouse, also by Robert Eggers, very beautiful

Need to watch this one (The Lighthouse)

• Like 3

On 8/28/2023 at 3:40 AM, djimbe said:

Okay, coming up is the mp3 of my Sydney room recording. I'm using WeTransfer for now (link expires in 7 days from now) just to get it to you. I'll sort out WAV/FLAC and/or archive.org in next few days. Thanks for the suggestions.

Autechre_City_Recital_Hall_Sydney_270823.mp3 download (166MB)

https://we.tl/t-nptWp9F7Ex

I am curious if the WAV will sound better. Already happy with the mp3. Playing it a lot. Thanks for the recording. It really sounds good.

16 hours ago, Turbo Zwanengestuif said:

I am curious if the WAV will sound better. Already happy with the mp3. Playing it a lot. Thanks for the recording. It really sounds good.

Thanks for the direct or indirect reminder that – I haven't put the WAV up yet! I swear, next few days. :)

• Thanks 1

Okay, my first contribution to archive.org is online:

Autechre_City_Recital_Hall_Sydney_270823

https://archive.org/details/Autechre2023-08-27

There's a 16 bit WAV, FLAC of the WAV, and the 320 mp3. I don't know why the front page says vbr mp3, but if that isn't actually just the mp3 I uploaded, the original is available anyway by clicking SHOW ALL in the download options pane.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

On 9/5/2023 at 7:40 PM, Turbo Zwanengestuif said:

I prefer mp3 tbh bc on wave i can hear all the farts from ppl who walk around in the dark trying to reach to the toilet 🚽… makes interesting panning effect tho 

Edited by xox
  • Haha 1

To those who've been to one of these recent concerts - Do they actually sell any merch still? They did in 2016, got me a SKAM shirt there, I didn't like the Autechre shirt they were selling. My Exai shirt has suffered from me ignoring that it's supposed to be washed at 30°. inb4 is it washable: The SKAM shirt has braille on the shoulder, I think it's maybe hot glue or some plastic, so it's actually raised. Didn't even notice until I washed it the first time.

Come to think of it, the 2014/15 artworks, all combined into one large pattern covering the entire fabric, would make for a pretty good button-up shirt.

Edited by BlockUser

12 hours ago, BlockUser said:

To those who've been to one of these recent concerts - Do they actually sell any merch still? They did in 2016, got me a SKAM shirt there, I didn't like the Autechre shirt they were selling. My Exai shirt has suffered from me ignoring that it's supposed to be washed at 30°. inb4 is it washable: The SKAM shirt has braille on the shoulder, I think it's maybe hot glue or some plastic, so it's actually raised. Didn't even notice until I washed it the first time.

Come to think of it, the 2014/15 artworks, all combined into one large pattern covering the entire fabric, would make for a pretty good button-up shirt.

yah they had shirts at Barbican last year. Didn't think they did, I had to sniff'em out. Was down in the basement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 1:32 PM, YELLOW said:

Everyone remembers the made-up name for this bit 🙃