IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

5 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

so when u point your phone with the app, that's what u see on the screen? and then u just take pics with the same phone...

yeah screenshots, you can watch the whole ep play if you want and it's animated

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DucksOpinion said:

Yeah, seems like it is the same tracks with different mastering.

Would love for someone au fait with this stuff to explain it to me (beyond "Its different because its different") because unlike remixed/remastered stuff by other people, this just sounds louder and that is about it.

Were there two mixes of Syro, too? That seems familiar.

Vinyl was mastered by Beau Thomas, CD and Bleep digital vinylz by Mandy Parnell. I don't remember if the AFX store digitals were Beau Thomas versions or same as OG Bleep versions.

9 hours ago, species8472 said:

different master bonus tracks is kind of lame. i guess i will “buy” those. 

Did you buy the ep from afx store? I snatched the cd and can download all those 8 tracks from my account. That's why always buy your afx shit from the store. Dunno then if it worked somehow different with the vinyl purchases (download cards?)

• Like 3

It is so nice this release.. I feels like a B-side to the Collapse EP. 

All the tracks from Collapse and Blackbox Liferecorder 21f EP have been a perfectly good album + some of the soundcloud tracks.. 

• Like 1

The AR cube thing is a cool idea, but it does remind me of the "mULtiMedIA!!" craze of the 90's when everything came with a crappy CD-ROM - which is a shame because I'm sure a lot of work went into it

• Like 2

It worked from a friends phone.. Pretty cool! 

So all this technical app 3D-animation stuff is also a reason why this EP is so pricy? 
I can imagine a whole 3D-Team, App-team and promoters, graphic artists etc everyone including Warp is involved in this release and wants a piece of the cake 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cern said:

It is so nice this release.. I feels like a B-side to the Collapse EP. 

All the tracks from Collapse and Blackbox Liferecorder 21f EP have been a perfectly good album + some of the soundcloud tracks.. 

throw soundlab in there

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

throw soundlab in there

Everyone seems to forget soundlab but in my opinion its one of the best modern afx tracks. At least it's one of the best layered tracks of his

• Like 9