IGNORED

Lanark Artefax - Metallur

New EP out April 26th

First track is nice, but it sounds a lot like OPN Garden Of Delete era, hope the other tracks will be different.

• Like 8

I think it's an amazing track, very Lanark. Fantastic emotional impact.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Super track. And hit repeat as soon as it finished.

I'll try to avoid overplaying it before release day, can't wait to hear the rest (and hopefully an album after that)

On 3/20/2024 at 7:36 PM, d-a-m-o said:

@Stock you should like this one !

I totally did !!! Thanks for the heads up, never heard of him before, will give his catalog a listen ! :flower:

• Like 1

OT (just discovering this guys music for myself, ty watmm), I think this is such a triumphant track. The 2 second hesitation around the 3:30 mark does it for me. Then that twang leading into the ending ambience.. 🙂

He really works his delays well

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 12:26 PM, fairuzosman said:

he's back!

this track is compensating well for my immeasurable disappointment from that two shell track yesterday

I had to stop checking out Two Shell releases - haven't been into anything they've released since the last Livity Sound EP. 

On 3/20/2024 at 8:26 PM, fairuzosman said:

this track is compensating well for my immeasurable disappointment from that two shell track yesterday

Talk to Me is great imo. havent heard any other song by them though so maybe i should shut up lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's available for streaming. Being honest, I'm a bit disappointed that tracks 4 and 5 are beatless drones. But that is on first listen, I may like them.

It's just me and probably totally wrong, but my take on ambient and drones is that they're the lazy stuff.

Edited by WurstPLUS

Yeah this is dissapointing me too tbh. The last two tracks suck. If it was an album it would have been fine but it's not, it's a 5 track ep. He should've released one of the drone tracks beforehand to let people know this wasn't gonna be an ep full of lanark bangers. The first track is cool but the rest has not grown on me.

I'm only really disappointed with the last track. Especially with that build-up/abrupt ending, it feels unfinished...

Still a solid release overall, though.