IGNORED

Select Ambient Works II Expanded Edition

ZoeB

3 hours ago, logboy said:

i got the remaster of squarepushers FMWT on the japanese UHQCD and preferred it.

As in preferred it to the original '96 CD, or the 2021 'non-UHD'-CD remaster ?

Can't find any information what is included in the 350€ boxset on aphextwin.warp.net. Just seeing the pictures. It shows something that looks like a book and the 4vinyls but that doesn't explain why it's priced 300€ higher than just the vinyls. Does anybody know what is included in the boxset?

15 minutes ago, Clos3r said:

Can't find any information what is included in the 350€ boxset on aphextwin.warp.net. Just seeing the pictures. It shows something that looks like a book and the 4vinyls but that doesn't explain why it's priced 300€ higher than just the vinyls. Does anybody know what is included in the boxset?

290e for the fancy box by the looks of it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Clos3r said:

"Black 4LP vinyl in polylined inner sleeves, printed 3mm spine outer sleeves, fold out poster, sticker sheet and booklet containing development sketches from the original artwork. All housed in a hinged oak case with a bespoke chemical etched and eroded copper plate and engraved logo with paint infill."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

As in preferred it to the original '96 CD, or the 2021 'non-UHD'-CD remaster ?

preferred it to the UK remastered release from 2021. 

that said, i couldn't entirely put my finger on it. glad i have it though.

it might have been the extra focus of listening to it with fresh ears after so many years, and they weren't as fresh when i moved onto the new UK one.

there was just a slight edge to the experience where i was convinced i could pick up slight improvements in detail and solidity to how it all held together.

it's slight enough that i would question the value in getting the UHQCD this time around, as it's not described / sold as a remaster.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0D7CQD9PF

... £52 by the time i pay 20% vat and shipping from japan this time around.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cern said:

Strange that cassettes sold out so fast

For anyone who missed out, or doesn't want to wait until October to buy from discogs scalpers, I still have my original copy of SAW2 on cassette...

• Like 1

yeah i nabbed the Japanese version of the CD set, never tried the UHQ thing but my SAW II CD set has a couple of small scratches so seemed worth it to replace + new tracks + 'high quality'. would've never seen that so thanks for the heads up on the last page.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

What are the extra's one would get with this?

46 minutes ago, thumbass said:

What are the extra's one would get with this?

Selected Ambient Works Volume II (Expanded Edition) [High quality UHQCD specification / Instruction manual included / Sticker set / Poster / 12P booklet included / Domestic 3CD BOX SET] (BRC771)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/APHEX-TWIN/dp/B0D7CQD9PF/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

well, i ordered that dumb vinyl box. saw2 is one of my favourite albums ever and i do think this would look quite neat on a shelf. of course it's hideously overpriced and mostly unnecessary, but i think my regret of not getting it would (marginally) outweigh the regret of getting it. it still pains me that i never got the analord binder, so i'm hoping this fills a bit of a void.

skipped the t-shirts as much as i like the designs. i never really got on with warp's garments, always a weird fit and a cheap feel.

• Like 3

Definitely gonna pull the trigger on the Jap CD version. In the past I've just bought from eBay or discogs at the going price. Which has been reasonable. Not entirely confident about using pages translated from Japanese! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Definitely gonna pull the trigger on the Jap CD version. In the past I've just bought from eBay or discogs at the going price. Which has been reasonable. Not entirely confident about using pages translated from Japanese! 

You can order it directly from Beatink and not have to worry about translation. They have an english layout option and ship internationally.

https://www.beatink.com/products/detail.php?product_id=14189

image.thumb.png.f6eae8fe8752eee7a47e1cf4a1a03b48.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

That link doesnt seem to work, how much is the Japanese Ltd edition CD to import

Their sites down but I'm guessing total of 9000 yen or above accounting for tax and internationally shipping something that large. (and then theres might be duties too depending on where you are located) Thats a bit steep im my opinion but I got the cassette so I'm happy to pass on this box set.

14 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

That link doesnt seem to work, how much is the Japanese Ltd edition CD to import

i paid about $47 USD for it from Tower Japan using the international pay service thing (all in English/routed through PayPal) not sure if i’ll get hit with additional import fees once it ships… :cat:

5 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

well, i ordered that dumb vinyl box. saw2 is one of my favourite albums ever and i do think this would look quite neat on a shelf. of course it's hideously overpriced and mostly unnecessary, but i think my regret of not getting it would (marginally) outweigh the regret of getting it. it still pains me that i never got the analord binder, so i'm hoping this fills a bit of a void.

skipped the t-shirts as much as i like the designs. i never really got on with warp's garments, always a weird fit and a cheap feel.

I think it will be a worthwhile investment, I think it's stupidly overpriced and he has got BIG since Syro (prob streaming service influenced) when less people splashed out on the Syro special edition and its now minty. I can't actually even remember that version going on sale. But his recent newfound popularity probably means that there will be vastly more stupid people willing to fork out massively stupid money for this one in 10 years time, I know the music won't age. As I said I do think it will be a sound investment I'm not calling you stupid, I'm a stupid cunt and I'll probably regret my stupidity not buying it.

I can remember those Analord binders going on sale and thinking who would buy them for that money, how wrong I was 😆 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Are you just going to open it up admire it and lock it away to keep it in mint condition?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattthegoone said:

I think it will be a worthwhile investment, I think it's stupidly overpriced and he has got BIG since Syro (prob streaming service influenced) when less people splashed out on the Syro special edition and its now minty. I can't actually even remember that version going on sale. But his recent newfound popularity probably means that there will be vastly more stupid people willing to fork out massively stupid money for this one in 10 years time, I know the music won't age. As I said I do think it will be a sound investment I'm not calling you stupid, I'm a stupid cunt and I'll probably regret my stupidity not buying it.

I can remember those Analord binders going on sale and thinking who would buy them for that money, how wrong I was 😆 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Are you just going to open it up admire it and lock it away to keep it in mint condition?

i fully intend to open it and spin that fucker into oblivion. irresponsible i'm sure, but otherwise what's the point? 

also iirc the syro special edish was £250 and potential buyers were chosen by raffle. wasn't interested at the time as i hadn't even heard the album yet. also the saw box just seems cooler lol 

• Like 1

My dumbass is working two full time jobs at the moment so I pulled the trigger on the oak treasure chest edition. Still feels majorly irresponsible in this economy. Throwing up a prayer that SAW III will grace our ears one of these years. 

• Like 3

I post on here: hey aphex, expand THIS and I include an image attachment showing me giving the fricken middle finger

aphez sees this post and he panics. At first he’s mad like “wot?” and is thinking how rude I was. But then he’s like ok, better come out on top of this battle. And he posts Selected Ambient Work 3 Expanded 55 tracks. 

legend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Brain 2

1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:

I post on here: hey aphex, expand THIS and I include an image attachment showing me giving the fricken middle finger

aphez sees this post and he panics. At first he’s mad like “wot?” and is thinking how rude I was. But then he’s like ok, better come out on top of this battle. And he posts Selected Ambient Work 3 Expanded 55 tracks. 

legend

You have both expanded my mind and my respect for you as a person 🫡 

2 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i fully intend to open it and spin that fucker into oblivion. irresponsible i'm sure, but otherwise what's the point? 

also iirc the syro special edish was £250 and potential buyers were chosen by raffle. wasn't interested at the time as i hadn't even heard the album yet. also the saw box just seems cooler lol 

The box is definitely cooler it has a copper plate that's burnished or some such to look like the saw 2 cover, the syro one looks a bit shite I don't know why anyone would consider dropping a grand on that one, the whole lot still feels like betting on the futures

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

legend

Nice work thx