IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

me and my mate bought a rehearsal/ recording studio last year, we've done up all the rehearsal bits and now we are working on the recording studio.

we got the desk on bbc auctions and decided we would strip it all down and rebuilt it ourselves. It's a Calrec S Series which was originally configured for broadcast but we have reconfigured it for recording/ mixing. we didn't quite realise how many connections we would have to do, it's all Edac connections. We stripped it and put it back together quite easily with nearly all functions working with a few bits we didn't need left for a later date.

We've now got all the line inputs working through patchbay from a Antelope Orion 32 but weve still got all the direct outs, inserts, groups inserts, aux sends, compressors etc.. left to do.

Best sounding desk ive ever heard! The EQ's alone are worth the effort!

Guest Chesney

Maybe they were just glad to get rid and knew it would cost a lot if overhauled by a professional. It's only cheap because you are doing it yourself ;)

Nar BBC have now gone digital and this is analogue so they just auctioned off all their old gear. basically we got a £100k desk for about £3.5k. the 4 stereo compressors are worth £1k alone.

my extremely limited space set up...now with added modular!

a9db8d2eeb7af484aa8ecf79b58c4e95.jpg

Nice Doepfer! Is that a 505 down there?

cheers! just got it today...been loving it so far... that's a 626 lurking on the shelf

How much did that modular run you BCM? Looks like a productive little space.

came it at just over £1400 fully assembled with room for expansion. been eying up some additional modules already but this will likely keep me fully occupied for the next few months as it is Edited by BCM

that looks like a really weird setup with the table and all?

lol yeah space is tight in my house....london life innit...really haven't got anywhere else to put my gear so have had to set as much of it up as i can on a corner desk. got quite a few more bits and bobs in the loft, but can't fit them in...i'll occasionally swap things out for variety.

Guest Chesney

Nice BCM! You got a lot covered in that setup. In a way I wish I had mine streamlined that much but synths are just too sexy ha.

Would be nice to hear what you do with the modular.

hahaha yeah, it's panorama but just poorly done. still, has more detail than non-panorama.

This "poorly done panorama" is quite interessting to the eyes. A bit trippy yes. What software did you use? I should experiment with that and see what extrem results i can get out of it.

Guest bitroast

ahh yes that was just using the inbuilt iphone camera panorama option.

Photosynth i also have and much prefer actually!! Lots of fun just taking normal pics using that app and having them come out all wonky :p