IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest Gravity

wish I knew why every pic I upload to this forum is so small. Sorry.

Just upload it to imgur.com, when you up them directly to WATMM they get auto-resized I guess. Nice setup.

Guest cult fiction

@work

11rglzn.jpg

You need track stacks! I don't know what you do for work but maybe your employer can spring for Logic Pro X?

studio.png

the core of my set-up : Numerology 4, a set of APS Coax to hear it all as-is and a NanoKontrol2 for very basic MIDI duties.

Yes, I absolutely love them ! Do you also own a pair ?

Their accuracy in frequency and transient response make producing/mixing a pure joy (to me at least ;)). No more guessing or bad surprises, they're damn honest and revealing : if something sounds bad/wrong (or great/right) on them, then it is.

I've been using them daily since april, and now that they're fully burnt-in/that I've learnt them, I'm delighted (and so relieved !) to hear that my new tunes sound great on every system I can play them through.

Guest jasondonervan

studio.png

the core of my set-up : Numerology 4, a set of APS Coax to hear it all as-is and a NanoKontrol2 for very basic MIDI duties.

Nice, what speaker stands are you using? It looks great (and functional).

IsoAcoustics stands.

Forgive me for sounding like a salesman (which I'm not) : they'll improve any speaker dramatically, no matter how bad/good the monitors are.

I've heard them on cheap Wharfedales, my Coax's, expensive 3way Focals and Barefoots... and the IsoAcoustics decouple the speakers from the desk in a fantastic (much more efficiently than Auralex MoPads / Primacoustics foam stands).

So there's no more unwanted resonance between your monitors and what you put them on : no more mud in low freqs, and consequently a much better overall response / focus / clarity / accuracy.

They can look a bit expensive for what they are, but they worth every penny.

There are some youtube vids that show how well they work if you're curious. You'll se, the improvement is quite noticeable.

Ps: lots of user reviews there too : http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/708155-isoacoustics-desktop-daw-monitor-stands.html

Edited by lin

So there's no more unwanted resonance between your monitors and what you put them on : no more mud in low freqs, and consequently a much better overall response / focus / clarity / accuracy.

having the source decoupled from the desk does not imply the desk itself does not continue to resonate.

speakers on the desk is the fundamental problem in itself (large, reflective surface between yourself and your monitors inducing high-gain early arriving indirect signal).

Guest jasondonervan

IsoAcoustics stands.

Forgive me for sounding like a salesman (which I'm not) : they'll improve any speaker dramatically, no matter how bad/good the monitors are.

I've heard them on cheap Wharfedales, my Coax's, expensive 3way Focals and Barefoots... and the IsoAcoustics decouple the speakers from the desk in a fantastic (much more efficiently than Auralex MoPads / Primacoustics foam stands).

They can look a bit expensive for what they are, but they worth every penny.

There are some youtube vids that show how well they work if you're curious. You'll se, the improvement is quite noticeable.

Ps: lots of user reviews there too : http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/708155-isoacoustics-desktop-daw-monitor-stands.html

Awesome, thanks for the knowledge.

I was trying to do some "arty" photos for the individual tracks from my new album (check it out! it's in EKT New Releases!!!) and thought I should finally take the opportunity to do a couple of proper studio pics phots for this thread.

post-4232-0-78016000-1375821100_thumb.png

post-4232-0-87562200-1375821175_thumb.png

having the source decoupled from the desk does not imply the desk itself does not continue to resonate.

speakers on the desk is the fundamental problem in itself (large, reflective surface between yourself and your monitors inducing high-gain early arriving indirect signal).

hah, you tell 'em. /feels a little better about headphones.

Guest EleminoP

ZERjCqy.jpg

Going to have to move it to a new place soon.

Nice reverberation amplifier. Pioneer SR-202 right? I always keep an eye for one on craigslist. Does it get a pretty good King Tubby "water drop" sound on snares?

That is indeed an SR-202. Got it for free from an uncle. It gets all sorts of great sounds. I enjoy using in feedback loops and/or going through a compressor.

Nanozwerg :D you using the cv much?

I, unfortunately, do not have CV capabilities yet.

Edited by EleminoP

Utsira Fyr, it's on a little island on the west coast of Norway.

Yes, I absolutely love them ! Do you also own a pair ?

Their accuracy in frequency and transient response make producing/mixing a pure joy (to me at least ;)). No more guessing or bad surprises, they're damn honest and revealing : if something sounds bad/wrong (or great/right) on them, then it is.

I've been using them daily since april, and now that they're fully burnt-in/that I've learnt them, I'm delighted (and so relieved !) to hear that my new tunes sound great on every system I can play them through.

Happy to hear they work for you, and way wouldn't they...such an accurate speakers.

No, i don't have them. Heard them once in a room of a friend of my friend. Would like to have them fo sure...

Another thing...As i know they roll-off down at 55 Hz so is that a problem for you? Do you use a sub too or headspeakers for checking the sub-freqs? How steep is the slope? If not so steep i guess you're covered.

Edited by xox

If you don't mind, I'm going to quote myself on Gearslutz on that matter :

Accuracy over 60Hz up to mid freq's is so useful to get the lows right, much more than subs.
I was a bit anxious about that when I bought my APS Coax (closed design, coaxial drivers, super accurate / fast but not going as low as other monitors)... I no longer am. My mixes are better than ever, with heavy kicks and basses, and no more mud at all. I check subs with a set of headphones, et voilà.

I'll add that I can "feel" what's going on down there, even if I don't have that "kick in the chest" a huge monitor would produce when blasting a 4/4 808 beat.

If I can ever afford it though, APS is about to release a small sub tuned for the Coax. I'd love to have one... set of those !

Edited by lin