IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure how it evolved into this, but if I don't do anything decent in 2014 then please bin me ...

studio2.jpg

this is going to be a complete newb question.

BUT, HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET SUCH A STRAIGHT EQ on EQ8?

I know I'm going to get laughed at but I have been wanting to do that for a long while.

I'm not 100% sure how it evolved into this, but if I don't do anything decent in 2014 then please bin me ...

studio2.jpg

this is going to be a complete newb question.

BUT, HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET SUCH A STRAIGHT EQ on EQ8?

I know I'm going to get laughed at but I have been wanting to do that for a long while.

not sure if i understood you correctly but try the e8 preset in the attachment

EQ Eight.adv.zip

As in they look quite linear rather than curvy ? I think it's just I've used a small/narrow 'Q' for each of the bands and because band 1 and 2 are quite different in amplitude the line has to be straight like that

(and there are no stupid questions - hell I'm very much a newbie to Ableton myself so I take any tips going!)

As in they look quite linear rather than curvy ? I think it's just I've used a small/narrow 'Q' for each of the bands and because band 1 and 2 are quite different in amplitude the line has to be straight like that

(and there are no stupid questions - hell I'm very much a newbie to Ableton myself so I take any tips going!)

I will have to muck around with it today. I have never really tried to get a very linear EQ like that, mine are always very rounded.

Guest wascal

ojm0sk.jpg

Hi all, new here! This is my current setup - I play out with just the Octatrack and Machinedrum but this is the kit I use to write sets.

ojm0sk.jpg

Hi all, new here! This is my current setup - I play out with just the Octatrack and Machinedrum but this is the kit I use to write sets.

Nice setup! What's on the rack there?

I can see my avatar on your laptop. I feel honored.

Guest wascal

ojm0sk.jpg

Nice setup! What's on the rack there?

I can see my avatar on your laptop. I feel honored.

The rack is basically my instant 90s patch bay. In it currently:

Freebass 383 - Cheap old 303 clone, generally patched into the MXR Distortion+ on the floor

Roland JV1080

Quadraverb (pretty much only use it for the Taj Mahal preset and a bunch of modified versions)

Motu Midi Timepiece - MIDI patchbay to feed all my other stuff to each other

Cheapo Behringer Patchbay - running everything to all the inputs on an NI Audio 8

I've got the Elektrons hooked up to the mac via an Innerclock box to sync with Ableton because the Motu box didn't deal with the sending out the sync signal amazingly. Out of shot I've got a Minibrute but I'm planning on flogging it as I'm not fond of the filter. The last track I did with a load of stuff from the rack was 'Last Push' on http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

Nice forum btw

Shoot a "photosphere" with my phone (nexus 4), then choose "Create Tiny Planet".

I just got the Doepfer stuff, it's AWESOME! Still waiting for a few modules and a RNC.