IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

when ism gets back on he can easily tell you if it is an actual leak or not.

Hear is another reason why you shouldn't listen to leaks. If you guys notice, you are spending half the time debating just if it is actually Autechre or not. The only judgment guide should be the music. This was one of the downfalls of the Untilted leak. As with a famous band like Autechre, you cannot help but have some sort of preconceived notion about what it should or will sound like. When Untilted came out, too many people were like, "yea this is crap fake, no way this is autechre" without even really giving it a true listen (which you probably would have done regardless if you 100% knew it was Autechre). This is why waiting until you have the album in its entirety is a benefit, this way you can (to the best of our ability, since we cannot help but be affected by the hype) judge the music solely on the music. And not feel awkward about some sort of leaked track earlier.

when ism gets back on he can easily tell you if it is an actual leak or not.

Hear is another reason why you shouldn't listen to leaks. If you guys notice, you are spending half the time debating just if it is actually Autechre or not. The only judgment guide should be the music. This was one of the downfalls of the Untilted leak. As with a famous band like Autechre, you cannot help but have some sort of preconceived notion about what it should or will sound like. When Untilted came out, too many people were like, "yea this is crap fake, no way this is autechre" without even really giving it a true listen (which you probably would have done regardless if you 100% knew it was Autechre). This is why waiting until you have the album in its entirety is a benefit, this way you can (to the best of our ability, since we cannot help but be affected by the hype) judge the music solely on the music. And not feel awkward about some sort of leaked track earlier.

Simmm-er down

lol, I am a little riled up from just being dismissed and called an idiot in the Ron Paul thread. Though to watmm's credit, there are for the most part more people actually willing to discuss things with me on here than I have read in the That Other Site™ debate threads. Which are more along the lines of "yea I have never actually read anything but I know everything from this twenty minute youtube vid about morality, politics, and religion all in one in which I instantly had my own perfect judgement of immediately I'm smarter than everyone ever and I love my self"

lol, I am a little riled up from just being dismissed and called an idiot in the Ron Paul thread. Though to watmm's credit, there are for the most part more people actually willing to discuss things with me on here than I have read in the That Other Site™ debate threads. Which are more along the lines of "yea I have never actually read anything but I know everything from this twenty minute youtube vid about morality, politics, and religion all in one in which I instantly had my own perfect judgement of immediately I'm smarter than everyone ever and I love my self"

i feel you, but seriously. if you're going to listen to any of th leaks in the full glory at least check out Simmm. but i know youll resist!

this album is going to be very exciting for autechre fans. It sounds like it has a great variety of material on it so far.

thank you autechre!!!!!!

(i love you)

Well I for one respect Rook's position, though given his point, we should know that if it is the real deal, it is THE real deal. If we have any doubts, it's likely fake.

Chenc9 is fake because I made that track. So have a listen Rook.

There's a newer version

HERE

Ive only listened to those mary ann hobbs tracks, because I figure a dj playing tracks is fair game.

it has wet my appetite more than sufficiently, and I will be all up in a record store on march 3rd

Well I for one respect Rook's position, though given his point, we should know that if it is the real deal, it is THE real deal. If we have any doubts, it's likely fake.

There's a newer version

HERE

no offense, but I can tell its a fake.

Guest dangulberry

There's a newer version

HERE

I like your stuff Gl0tch - this and the snippets you posted on That Other Site™ before quaristice was announced. How are you producing it...only software?

Sorry. My pants stay closed until the ring is on my finger.

lol. i'm with you but i listened to the maryanne hobs mp3 cos it's just a recording from her radio 1 show, so from a genuine promo copy and in the interests of the band.

i didn't feel i stretched my morals, there's no need to worry wether it's fake, 2 great teaser tracks.

http://www.dontlisten.com/samples/maryannh...-quaristice.mp3

it's worth noting that, as far as i now understand, the wire's publishing of those 3 teaser tracks was not authorised by Ae.

Hence the set now having been taken down from the Wire's site.

http://www.thewire.co.uk/articles/522/

can't wait to read the interview. are you not allowed to post it until it's published?

speaking of the wire, the issue with the quaristice review is out now. i've read it but haven't bought it yet, most likely will tomorrow, and if i can be arsed i might type it up for y'all. pretty positive review, though they do note a lack of progression.

Sorry. My pants stay closed until the ring is on my finger.

lol. i'm with you but i listened to the maryanne hobs mp3 cos it's just a recording from her radio 1 show, so from a genuine promo copy and in the interests of the band.

i didn't feel i stretched my morals, there's no need to worry wether it's fake, 2 great teaser tracks.

http://www.dontlisten.com/samples/maryannh...-quaristice.mp3

Very nice, reminds me on cornfield.

but i think the quality is poor.

Guest thedisavowed
though they do note a lack of progression.

Hmmm.. it would be interesting to read this. Although I gotta ask.. 'progression' towards what?

I don't mean to put a ceiling on what's possible, but I think I'm just wondering what in the world 'progression' means in the electronic world anymore, especially with folks like Autechre.

Edited by thedisavowed