IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Guest Caustic

haha IO is awesome.

a bit like Dial..

Perlence is very Draft-esque.

I predict this album contains most/all of their styles from over the years?

Edited by Caustic

Guest Enter a new display name
2. you fucks broke bleep. no previews will load! :cry2:

Same for me... BTW I'm currently getting the album (via torrent) and it's downloading at 30kbp/s, boohoo! T_T

Edited by Enter a new display name

yeah, i'm not feeling it yet, it's not bad per se it's just a bit goofy and squelchy, instead of dramatic. After Draft, Untilted, and this, I think I understand Ae's new direction. It's not a "New Direction" in caps like it was in the past - the shift betwen Tri Rep and Chiastic and LP5 and Confield - it's more about them just having fun and getting back to their b-boy roots. There is more humor and just plain goofing about on their last 3 lps than on the rest of their discography combined.

Edited by lumpenprol

Guest Enter a new display name

I just listened to the album. This is fine judging by my first listen. I'm sure I'll love it after a couple listens.

Edited by Enter a new display name

ok i've waited probably 2 hours to download this thing and now i get an sql error. i want my money back you cunts!

managed to download the first track Altibzz. sounds bloody lovely!

i'm gonna wait for the CD, but i'm interested in what they mean by artwork for each track by desiginers republic... do you just get JPGs with the mp3 version or something?

Dont worry, you are missing NOTHING. You could make that art in photoshop in 2 seconds... think mondrian with 2 squares.

http://www.barcodezine.com/

why don't you people read this nice interview?

I don't think this sounds like previous ae material at all. With the exception of the tracks that contain parts from the live set, this sounds like a completely new and unexpected ae to me. Except for maybe the first track which reminds me a little of the Speech mix, and Notwo which reminds me of the last track on Garbage

As we suspected, Rob confirms that most of these are cut down versions of live jams. Which means that the second disk for the greater ae fans will probably be extended jams.

Edited by Rook

Really wasn't sure on my first listen, but I should no better than to judge an ae release by it's first listen. Just finished my third listen and I am starting to love most of the tracks on this record. I like that it kind of jumps around and presents a lot of different ideas, some of it sounds retro, but there's still that element of being completely different than anything that has come before.

Only tracks I am not liking at the moment are plyPhon, Steels, and the closer. None of these are bad per se, just don't really do anything for me...yet. I like the second half of the album better so far, pretty much every track is a killer.