IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

you'd be surprised. geek net forums are part and parcel of the artist/fan relationship these days, i think they are accepted by all - especially in this sort of genre or whatever. had some very reasonable views on it, which to be honest I found agreeable... didn't linger on the subject for too long anyway.

oh, and did mention that he posts...from time to time.

*cue fanbois going mental trying to work out who he is*

good chat anyway, could have been longer than the half hour we had... strange experience interviewing an artist that you're proper into, hard to avoid losing focus and direction as there's too many things i'd like to know from a personal point of view. must be a bit of a drag for them too, having to nail half a dozen phoners in one day and covering the same ground in a multitude of different interviews. all in all, quite happy with it tho.

and got a wee bit of chat on our own stuff too (as in Rubens) - seems he'd heard some and quite liked. which was a wee bonus.

anyway, if all artists ive ever interviewed were as down to earth and personable as he was, the job would be a cinch. unfortunately, some/most are a bit cunty, so props to Mr B.

better get back to work....

Thanks ism, I don't know if it's because of your avatar of something, but you seem to be a really wise man, zen I would say...

I've been listening to Simmm a lot today, and it's really a great track, but the only thing that bothers me is :

How come we had this track (from this Jonta or Jonda guy on soulseek) at 320kbps and not any of the other 19 tracks...

They must be somewhere, or Simmm is just lost like tom hanks in that crappy movie ( with his freaking wilson ball)...

Or Simmm is the first single and this is what we'll be hearing on Warp's front page very very soon? It is very Fermium like (which was the "single" on Untilted)

I was curious about this too actually... fingers crossed that the rest is actually out there!!!

~ism that's fantastic ... i guess, pun intended ... 'fan.' er, anyway. i'm glad the interview went well and really surprised to hear that Sean posts here, lol!

i think 1:13:00 is still pretty long. i'm excited for the album.

Rook, are you still holding out? I listened to the radio show tracks but I'm waiting for the album. People who download the leaks are just weak and have no self-restraint. Their parents probably gave them everything they wanted when they were kids lol

I listened to about one minute of the radio show and that is it. No downloads, no leaks. So the way I see it, the one minute of the radio show was just a moment of weakness where I allowed quaristice to go up my shirt or something. But I am still a Quaristice virgin holding out until we get married on March 3rd.

interview with sean bagged. good chat, top bloke as expected, will post up the transcription when it's done. which might be next week sometime. maybe stick up the audio, but meant to ask if he be cool with that and forgot.. so probably wont for the time being, maybe another day if i get the clear on it.

and yes, watmm/xlt featured in the chat at the end...

looking forward to catching them at the glasgow gig now. big up the chaps!

full interview published in Reverb on 3rd March. Same day the album comes out - by sheer coincidence as it happens.

cool. definitely looking forward to that

OK kids, take the headphones OFF, and get your simmm mp3s to the biggest, highest fidelity rig you can find, and crank it up. That's an OCEAN of sound. Best track since Parhelic Triangle I reckon (don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the stuff since then, but this is something exceptional). Huge deep rumbles, sheets of drone, aquatic rhythms, sonar pulses, beats slipping around the metre. And a beautiful melody.

Guest Enter a new display name

I think Quaristice will be less abstract than their previous 3 albums, judging by these tracks.

Thanks ism, I don't know if it's because of your avatar of something, but you seem to be a really wise man, zen I would say...

I've been listening to Simmm a lot today, and it's really a great track, but the only thing that bothers me is :

How come we had this track (from this Jonta or Jonda guy on soulseek) at 320kbps and not any of the other 19 tracks...

They must be somewhere, or Simmm is just lost like tom hanks in that crappy movie ( with his freaking wilson ball)...

my chenc9 is 320 and seems real

4:36