IGNORED

AEVSVS (Venetian Snares vs. Autechre) - Elephant Gear

Guest maddestmax

Guest maddestmax

I must say that I'm quite puzzled nobody is really reacting to this.

To be frank I have the feeling many are so thrown off guard by this collaboration, they just don't know what to think.

Fact is that Mr. Funk isn't the most popular Artist in the game while Autechre rarely have to deal with much hating.

I like all three of these guys, so for me this track was a nice treat. For others this must be like a slap in the face, having their

honorable british progressive idols collaborating with the rotten amen abusing canadian. Some must now completly re-evaluate their dorky hate lists. It just makes me smile inside.

The track itself is very interesting also. Kind of

Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding + Last Step + ISS:SA + Quaristice

I find myself liking it more with every listen.

Cheers to more unforeseen collabs!

:beer:

maybe aphex vs clark next.

Guest moo duck

yeah yeah fuck this oh rewind

AV: What do you think about Venetian Snares and other breakcore?

Sean Booth: some of his stuffs good.. gets a bit boring after a while. when hes

good hes very good tho. nice aesthetic. aaron is def the best out of all those kids.

heard only preview - cool claps, Baby Ford 'Now & Then" 2x tempo alike, nevermind

Guest maddestmax

had not read that interview.

still doubt anyone that read it would have seen the Elephant Gear coming.

Guest dangulberry

I've been listening to this track a lot - definitely the 'best' (in some respects, of course) on the 45tribute compilation. If they are just using elektrons (and I think they might be) they've really squeezed a lot out of them. Really nice track.

The Ae one is a bit of a non-event - sounds a bit tired. Enjoy the second part, though.

I've been listening to this track a lot - definitely the 'best' (in some respects, of course) on the 45tribute compilation. If they are just using elektrons (and I think they might be) they've really squeezed a lot out of them. Really nice track.

The Ae one is a bit of a non-event - sounds a bit tired. Enjoy the second part, though.

sounds like they are using elektron machinedrum for all the drum sound samples. but the acid line and the sequencing definitly sounds like it was done on Vsnares software of choice, maybe renoise. It would be nearly impossible to sequence like that on elektron gear

Guest moo duck

listened to tracks, liked solo thing COENC3 more.

yes, snares' certainly not bad, not very big event out of this collab i see though.

Guest moo duck

probably Sean talked to Aaron about this compilation thing and kinda gave him machinedrum stuff to contribute.

Guest dangulberry
Where can I find this track? Having trouble finding it on DC++.

Just pay for the album - it's a couple of pounds for at least two tracks you want to hear/own. At that price, no one needs to be sharing this album on slsk or dc++.

And if you don't have a debit/credit card, maybe you can find a friend who has.

yeah after i few listens i would rate the ae track over aevsvs. wasn't too keen on either but Coenc3 just takes a little while to get started. i wonder what they're crunching up the sounds at the beginning with. it doesn't sound like a digital effect.

See the news item on watmm.com - there's a link to BUY the compilation...

I hope it's put up at bleep. Not a huge Snares fan ( he has moments) but it is really an interresting collab.

It's available now, and the compilation is really cheap for as many tracks as you get...

Just pay for the album - it's a couple of pounds for at least two tracks you want to hear/own. At that price, no one needs to be sharing this album on slsk or dc++.

And if you don't have a debit/credit card, maybe you can find a friend who has.

You can pay via PayPal as well.

• 2 months later...

Nice track. Lsitening to the other trax made me remember why I like the IDMs - some of these standard techno tracks are boring as hell... but worth it for coenc3 and elephant gear.. a few other goodies too.

His 303 lines are a bit crap. Other than that wee whinge though, the track is sweet. Sounds like Ae gave him some sample packs and he let loose. reeveerrrrrb. I could lsiten to an album like this easy - minus the weak acid lines.

+ money for animals is a good thing

• 10 years later...

Archived