IGNORED

Quari$$$$$$ how much have you spent

amnesia

so far i have paid for

mp3s $13

Double Ltd CD cant remember how much but pissed mine got bent in the post!

and now subscription 11 tracks

i bet Autechre are eating well tonight :-)

enjoy the lobster from me :-)

I only have payed for the Ltd CD so far, got two LP's with bented sleeves for free. Haven't bought the Quadrange stuff yet, I will when I can... (just playing the previews right now)

The Mp3's, the limited edition, and the supscription... But honestly, it doesn't bother me, I'm happy to pay for it all, the only thing I might regret is buying the mp3 the day it was released on bleep, but hey, I'm an impatient bastard...

Honestly, I don't see this as a pure milking money thing, it's good experiments to innovate in the way of selling music. You know that, even if you're wallet is sad, and that you feel like you're beeing milked, you're happy to be miked by them... I mean, If it was Phil Collins, I'm sure you'd really be pissed off ;)

And I'm sure, in a year from now, we'll really see it has a whole.... And a whole lot of spent money as well...

Guest HWNDarkside

I bought the download from bleep, then the CD from HMV, and now the new EP/LP from bleep.

I had to torrent "Versions" though - I bought the CD from HMV to ease my conscience!

quaristice: mp3s from bleep... went out and got the cd a few days later!

limited edition: a very good and kind friend sent me the extra tracks!

quarange: bleep!

quaristice: mp3s, i bought the cd but i gave it to my favourite ex girlfriend

limited edition: torrented because i missed out

japan only ep: downloaded for obvious reasons

quadrange: bought

Guest HWNDarkside

I forgot - I bought vinyl too :laughing:

I think we need some help :confused:

Can anyone help me out with those Jap exclusive tracks please?

Guest Kenneth172

$ad tate of affairs really when you pays good money for versions of the same tracks with miniscule subtle differences between them.

Autechre = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rob$ there fans to keep up with the rate of inflation. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

hahaha good thread. i bought the original mp3s when they came out early, the regular cd when it was released, and will buy the Quadrange thingy when i get a chance. also show ticket. it's sort of interesting to hear a bunch of different versions but not as ZOMGZ INTERESTINGZ as it could be. i'm starting to think i'm just not a huge fan of this pile of material.

the show in Boston was sick though.

Guest CATS

0$

i rarely buy albums which are released in multiples versions and price gouged.

my friend bought 4 copies of the zeitgeist album for all the tracks >_>

Bleep MP3s (on second day of release, would have been first if bleep hadn't gone into meltdown)

UK CD (weekend after release)

Japanese CD

Limited Edition Double CD

Quadrange (subscription)

Roughly £74. Ae certainly saw me coming.

But seriously, as I've said before, having bought records since the early 80s, being 'milked' (if that's what you want to call it) is nothing new to me. When it comes to artists whose work I love like Ae, the complusion to own and hear as much as possible far outweighs the cost. Or at least until I check my bank balance anyway.

Guest DavBrav
my friend bought 4 copies of the zeitgeist album for all the tracks >_>

Uh-oh. I myself bought the regular edition of that - I just really wanted to hear what this new material would sound like. Definitely not half bad, but the 4 versions thing proves that Billy Corgan is just an ass. I'm happy with the normal, no-bonus-tracks-attached version I got from an independent record store (points nose in air).

0$

i rarely buy albums which are released in multiples versions and price gouged.

How, exactly, does the existence of other versions mean that you shouldn't pay for music you enjoy?

The extra versions each featured complete reworkings of the whole album, it wasn't just a packaging tweak (although they did that as well, to an entirely new level). If it'd come out with red and green sleeves to collect the set, it would be price gouging.

Translation: I didn't want to pay for it and I just latched onto a vaguely credible reason for ripping them off.

If you're gonna do it, have the guts to be upfront about it.

Archived