IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Skyrim was lacking. It didn't have a unique atmosphere; just conventionally "beautiful" scenery and really boring music. Fallout 3 is infinitely better, and I think Morrowind is, too.

Little Big Planet (either 1 or 2) - she'll (you'll) go mad for it !

Seconded - my daughter loves it and spends ages making costumes...

Went back to God of War 3 to get all the trophies - my god, I forgot how awesome this game was (is)...

I finally got around to beat Bioshock 1. I have no idea why I waited so long. It's one of the best games I've ever played. But I couldn't get into it when it was released for some reason.

I thought that Skyrim was lacking. It didn't have a unique atmosphere; just conventionally "beautiful" scenery and really boring music. Fallout 3 is infinitely better, and I think Morrowind is, too.

Felt the same way. But after modding the shit out of it, its phenomenally better. The way it should have been on release but probably wasn't due to consoles. Currently playing more Skyrim.

2012-04-02_00017.jpg

2012-04-01_00032.jpg

2012-04-02_00003.jpg

Guest trananhhung

I found Dear Esther much more interesting than Journey. There's something about Journey that makes it a Walt Disney experience, but I can't be more specific than this. The online is too simple to be engaging, you can't communicate or decide to do something. Both players are just pushing forward. As a narrative experience it is miles away from Dear Esther.

Guest trananhhung

Silent Hill Downpour is... surprisingly awesome.

Beware, hugely controversial statement ahead:

It's much better than Alan Wake.

I think I'll buy SH:D at a low price. Are there puzzles in it, like in the good old Silent Hills? I miss those.

Guest cult fiction

lol

Have you played it? It's no Silent Hill 2, but it's scarier, more fun, and actually better looking than Alan Wake imo.

I think I'll buy SH:D at a low price. Are there puzzles in it, like in the good old Silent Hills? I miss those.

Yeah it has loads of puzzles, there is a separate puzzle difficulty even like in Silent Hill 3.

Went back to God of War 3 to get all the trophies - my god, I forgot how awesome this game was (is)...

I'll be going back to platinum God of War 3 soon as well. Gotta beat FFXIII-2 first. And yeah, GoW is a brilliantly awesome game series. Joyrex, you should get the GoW Origins Collection, it's great.

I got the Mass Effect 2 platinum tonight. As I stated before, on insanity difficulty it was extremely frustrating at parts. But that just made the sense of accomplishment even better.

Guest taxman

I just finished playing through mass effect 3. I never played one or two but I'm thinking about giving them a try. The new jagged alliance game finally came out so I have to get that soon. I'm a big fan of the jagged alliance series.

lol

Have you played it? It's no Silent Hill 2, but it's scarier, more fun, and actually better looking than Alan Wake imo.

Guest cult fiction

lol

http://youtu.be/mJ4guJx01VE

OK so you posted a video with people who don't know what they're doing talking over it, and one terrible video of some combat.

I could easily post a video of any of the endless bird attack scenes from Alan Wake, running down the same boring forest path 10 times with embarassing pitch shifted voices yelling at me, or cringeworthy narration from Alan Wake, but it wouldn't prove anything.

Either you've played both games properly or you haven't. If you haven't, your opinion is meaningless.

Watch this and tell me Alan Wake is a really awesome, terrifying game with rad monsters and mechanics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gv3ij7-ot8&feature=related

Keep in mind you have to do that same poorly executed bird fight like 5 times throughout the game.

Silent Hill 2's combat system was complete shit and it's still the best in the series. If bad combat makes the game shitty then it really isn't Silent Hill.

http://www.playalterego.com/alterego

got to old age and died alone in a car crash with no family last night. started a new play with my girlfriend today, so far so good, not addicted to drugs or feeling suicidal, although our mother just died of cancer :(

this thing is great!

fucking lol, I guess what they said about never getting in a stranger's car is true:

"Once you are in the car he turns away from the school and heads for the highway. This man is very sick. You are tortured, killed and buried in a landfill. Your body is never recovered. This game is over. "

Cor that takes me back, I used to play that on the C64 - bloody ace game! Never got any further than adolescence though, it seemed to go on forever !

I finally got around to beat Bioshock 1. I have no idea why I waited so long. It's one of the best games I've ever played. But I couldn't get into it when it was released for some reason.

do you remember exploring that flooded operating theatre in the Medical Pavilion? you're wading through water and round the corner you see a shadow on the wall and hear demented breathing/sobbing that grows more terrifying as you approach. that room was one of the best game scares I've ever had.

also that basement in the mall/arcade area during the crazy artist chapter that has the mannequins that come to life...

I just beat Assassin's Creed: Revelations and I can't wait for the new one to come out.

October this year or something. they're pumping 'em out.

Cool..gives me time to save up. I wanna try buying a 3DS...I haven't gotten a boner flex while seeing the Vita.

Guest cult fiction

Silent Hill 2's combat system was complete shit and it's still the best in the series. If bad combat makes the game shitty then it really isn't Silent Hill.

This.

Silent Hill is all about the environment - the monsters are just window dressing(and relatively rare window dressing at that).

Although, and I am probably nearly alone in this, I actually find Downpour's combat system to be the best in the series and one of the better combat systems in a horror game(pretty low bar really). It has an interesting rhythm, like a primitive cousin of Demon's Souls. Shame the monster design is largely terrible though...

i just pre-ordered Legend of Grimrock, its an old school dungeon crawler type game and it looks fucking amazing, i get nostalgic vibes having watched some reviews of it.

trailer:

[youtubehd]xmSJ1iFx5zA[/youtubehd]

gameplay:

[youtubehd]jBYsyjTgDwg[/youtubehd]

and totalbiscuit doing a first impressions:

[youtubehd]dzIiXx-8BHc[/youtubehd]

do you remember exploring that flooded operating theatre in the Medical Pavilion? you're wading through water and round the corner you see a shadow on the wall and hear demented breathing/sobbing that grows more terrifying as you approach. that room was one of the best game scares I've ever had.

also that basement in the mall/arcade area during the crazy artist chapter that has the mannequins that come to life...

Not sure I remember that part, maybe you can find a youtube video of it?

Yeah, I loved the Sander Cohen/crazy artist chapter, definitely my favorit part of the game. It's was both hilarious and frightening at the same time. Taking photos of dead bodies and putting them into this art piece was so weird. And the voice acting is probably the best I've ever heard in a video game.

Now I'm playing Bioshock 2. It's pretty clear it isn't made by the same developer, it just kind of lacks something the original had. Not really sure what it is. But I think one the reasons is that the characters just aren't as cool/interesting. But it's still a really good game.

I can't wait for Infinite. Ken Levine seem like a really smart guy, he can do no wrong.

Guest Pennywise

The graphics are much better in Bioshock. Yeh it's a better game. I like the new hacking system and trap system in B2. The thing that is lacking for me in B2 is atmosphere, something B1 did so well. In Bioshock you can spend ages just walking around enjoying the place. In B2, you couldn't really do that. This picture pretty much explains why I loved Bioshock.

market_08.jpg

It's pretty amazing they managed to make the game look so good with the older Unreal Engine 2.5. And even 5 years after it's been realeased it's still one of the best looking games in this console generation.

Archived