IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Yeah, I remember that bit. It seemed to have lots of great moments like that. The intro was also a pretty stand-out moment/sequence. Can't think of a game since HL2 that had such a great introduction to a game.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Firefall Closed Beta and still playing a lot of Tribes Ascend, who else plays Tribes on here again?

I'm playing shitloads of Tribes, trying to get into competetive matches atm, but on european servers. It's pretty much impossible to play such a fast game with high ping, but anyway I'm "Groble".

Guest AcrossCanyons

This moment was one of my best moments in a video game. Scared me to death. The atmosphere is perfect. I didn't move from the elevator for at least 5 minutes after I gained control... Bioshock is one of the best games I've ever played for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDEh3UN404&t=5m34s

edit: can't get the video to link to the specific moment. 5:34.

Silent Hill 2's combat system was complete shit and it's still the best in the series. If bad combat makes the game shitty then it really isn't Silent Hill.

This.

Silent Hill is all about the environment - the monsters are just window dressing(and relatively rare window dressing at that).

Although, and I am probably nearly alone in this, I actually find Downpour's combat system to be the best in the series and one of the better combat systems in a horror game(pretty low bar really). It has an interesting rhythm, like a primitive cousin of Demon's Souls. Shame the monster design is largely terrible though...

haven't played downpour yet, but i want to. i hated homecoming. it was so hollow, like someone doing a hollywood adaptation of silent hill and not actually "silent hill," ya know?

Man all this talk about Bioshock, I still have B2 in shrink wrap, maybe I'll give that a go this weekend. I did love Bioshock 1.

Guest Drahken

I bought Bioshock for my father in law when he got a PS3 for xmas a couple years ago. I'd never played it before, about all I knew is that it was likely better than the bargain bin games he had. Then I had to check on their cats for a few days while they went out of town with my wife last summer and gave it a play. Totally wasted my weekend, never left their house. Reminded me a lot of Starship Titanic.

Guest Pennywise

I keep hearing about Bioshock being turned into a film. It's one of those things that I'd love to happen, but will probably be shit.

Guest Sprigg

Yeah, I remember that bit. It seemed to have lots of great moments like that. The intro was also a pretty stand-out moment/sequence. Can't think of a game since HL2 that had such a great introduction to a game.

Bioshock definitely stands out as one gaming's greatest masterpieces, imo. Especially the first hour or two.

The graphics are much better in Bioshock. Yeh it's a better game. I like the new hacking system and trap system in B2. The thing that is lacking for me in B2 is atmosphere, something B1 did so well. In Bioshock you can spend ages just walking around enjoying the place. In B2, you couldn't really do that.

The sound design in BioShock 2 is pretty fucking amazing though. I spent a lot of time just standing under water dripping onto my helmet. I did not like that they decided to go for the obvious philosophy to wrap the story around in BioShock 2.

I keep hearing about Bioshock being turned into a film. It's one of those things that I'd love to happen, but will probably be shit.

It got cancelled. Gore Verbinski wanted it to be an R-rated movie and a pretty damn expensive movie as well, but the studio didn't dare to make an expensive R-rated movie so... yeah...

It got cancelled. Gore Verbinski wanted it to be an R-rated movie and a pretty damn expensive movie as well, but the studio didn't dare to make an expensive R-rated movie so... yeah...

I dont get it. Maybe it's just my limited knowlegde about the film industry, but there's been plenty of r-rated movies that's been huge hits at the box offices, right? And Bioshock is a pretty gory game, so I don't see how they could not make it r-rated.

I actually kind of wanted to see a movie based on it, I think it's one of the few video games franchaises that could be turned into a good movie if it was handled by the right people. I'm not familiar with Gore Verbinski though.

studios hate spending lots of money on r-rated stuff now because it narrows the viewership even more and chance for profit, its why they will probably release prometheus as pg13 in the states, fuck off if that happens in europe. actually just fuck everything about ratings, they should be a guideline not strict fucking laws.

its been rumoured that fox are pushing for it, ridley has also said that he has prepared decent cuts for it and isnt too worried

i think its ridiculous.

Guest viscosity

i just pre-ordered Legend of Grimrock, its an old school dungeon crawler type game and it looks fucking amazing, i get nostalgic vibes having watched some reviews of it.

trailer:

[youtubehd]xmSJ1iFx5zA[/youtubehd]

gameplay:

[youtubehd]jBYsyjTgDwg[/youtubehd]

and totalbiscuit doing a first impressions:

[youtubehd]dzIiXx-8BHc[/youtubehd]

i know this is just oldschool gamesplay with a facelift, but I can't help but want to play it. looks frickin sweet. hopefully it has more cleverly designed dungeon-puzzles then just randomized room complexes

also intrigued to play Fallout seeing that deal on GOG. I've only played Fallout 3, but would like to play the previous games in the series. plus they should run well on my laptop.

apparently there may be a sequel for the original game (Wasteland) through kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

i know this is just oldschool gamesplay with a facelift, but I can't help but want to play it. looks frickin sweet. hopefully it has more cleverly designed dungeon-puzzles then just randomized room complexes

Ill let you know after the 12th :D

in other news, i just bought the witcher 2: 2.0 bells and whistles edition. ive had so many recs to play this that i just blindly bought it, better be fucking good!! its 14GB!!!

Guest AcrossCanyons

I'm playing WATMM.

It's fun because most of the NPCS are as stupid as grand theft auto 1.

GPA: 4.0

in other news, i just bought the witcher 2: 2.0 bells and whistles edition. ive had so many recs to play this that i just blindly bought it, better be fucking good!! its 14GB!!!

Holy shit what a beautiful game, nothing has pushed my system like this for a while!

Archived