IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

It's pretty moody. I think the last solid console was the original Xbox. I've had that almost ten years and it's been played a LOT. It's crashed only once, and I mean just froze, not broken down. It's still a gem.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm done with consoles for hardcore gaming, only reason I got into them was because of friends too lazy/cheap to fork out for the vast possibilities and competency of computer gaming delights. Now I'm converting my friends over off of the console religion and I don't think I will ever go back.

I bought and finished Uncharted 2. Best visuals I've ever seen. Some of those environments have really stunning lightning. Great facial animations too. Ending kinda sucked gameplay-wise, but I'll forgive it for all those amazing scenes.

I also ordered Demon's Souls and pre-ordered Heavy Rain (24th of february!)

Honestly I think as hardware gets more and more complex this shit will happen more and more. Sucks cock that Xbox's and PS3's won't last like a NES or Mega Drive.

Oh totally - my mom (bless, she's 76) who still has my 1985 NES and still plays it (Tetris addict), was asking why the PS3 broke twice and I told her the same thing.

Well, this is true. But I'm still using my 60GB PS3 from launch day. I've never even had it freeze before. My Xbox 360 on the other hand broke, so i got another one... which broke. So I decided not to get another and to just use my roommate's 360... and it broke. So he got another one... which broke. Come to think of it there is only one 360 that I've heard of that hasn't broken yet. And I know a lot of people with 360s. So I've given up on 360s, which makes me sad cuz I miss playing Halo 3. Ah well, I still have my Wii, PSP and PS3 to play with.

I bought and finished Uncharted 2. Best visuals I've ever seen. Some of those environments have really stunning lightning. Great facial animations too. Ending kinda sucked gameplay-wise, but I'll forgive it for all those amazing scenes.

I also ordered Demon's Souls and pre-ordered Heavy Rain (24th of february!)

Try the Dante's Inferno Demo on PSN - good GoW clone, but freaking amazing graphics, especially the cutscenes.

Honestly I think as hardware gets more and more complex this shit will happen more and more. Sucks cock that Xbox's and PS3's won't last like a NES or Mega Drive.

Oh totally - my mom (bless, she's 76) who still has my 1985 NES and still plays it (Tetris addict), was asking why the PS3 broke twice and I told her the same thing.

Well, this is true. But I'm still using my 60GB PS3 from launch day. I've never even had it freeze before. My Xbox 360 on the other hand broke, so i got another one... which broke. So I decided not to get another and to just use my roommate's 360... and it broke. So he got another one... which broke. Come to think of it there is only one 360 that I've heard of that hasn't broken yet. And I know a lot of people with 360s. So I've given up on 360s, which makes me sad cuz I miss playing Halo 3. Ah well, I still have my Wii, PSP and PS3 to play with.

You are one of the lucky ones then, it seems - I would highly recommend cleaning out your PS3 on a regular basis plug up all the vents with cello tape and vacuum out one open vent while off), and make sure it's well-ventilated and not sitting on any source of heat (and not mounted vertically). Mine got the "blinking red light" error and subsequent logic board failure due to supposedly overheating of the logic board (due to the entire PS2 chipset being inside for backwards compatibility) and the solder points softening and chips coming loose. Mine was on top of my entertainment center, but had a very hot running home theater receiver underneath in the shelf below that made the surface the PS3 was sitting on warm, but not hot. Go figure.

You are one of the lucky ones then, it seems - I would highly recommend cleaning out your PS3 on a regular basis plug up all the vents with cello tape and vacuum out one open vent while off)

that would create a semi-vacuum, which is probably not good for some sensitive electronics. it would make more sense to leave two open - one at each end - surely?

ClearCut_Action03.jpg

Whoa. Is this worth buying a PC for?

absolutely, one of the most addict games I've ever played and even with the fact that its @ first beta stage with like 5 maps, its got a lot of support and I bet money in a month or two it will be updated with new gametypes and even more dynamic maps. I have played a few mech games in the past that I really liked but I love this shit. One of few games that make me want to upgrade my computer for(hell this game makes me want to build a mech cockpit and live in a basement in new jersey with my ex wife doloris. You could build a wicked a computer to be able to play the crysis engine on high high for roughly 1 grand right now.

Mechwarrior Living Legends

quoted for emphasasS

absolutely, one of the most addict games I've ever played and even with the fact that its @ first beta stage with like 5 maps, its got a lot of support and I bet money in a month or two it will be updated with new gametypes and even more dynamic maps. I have played a few mech games in the past that I really liked but I love this shit. One of few games that make me want to upgrade my computer for(hell this game makes me want to build a mech cockpit and live in a basement in new jersey with my ex wife doloris. You could build a wicked a computer to be able to play the crysis engine on high high for roughly 1 grand right now.

Mechwarrior Living Legends

Hm. I played the fuck out of MPBT 3025. Had a custom setup with two joysticks, a keyboard, and mouse. What an incredible game that was. Never found another game that could match the feeling.

[youtubehd]jcq6tGgxzEQ[/youtubehd]

MWLL is set in the same era, and seems to play very similarly... I'm tempted to go buy a new PC now :\

I've got 2 PS3s now (got my son a 250GB PS3 slim in an awesome Gamestop trade in story I'll have to tell another time), so if one does die, I've got a backup. Now I know how 360 owners feel. That being said, Sony sent out the new PS3 before I even shipped off the old one, so we weren't down for very long.

My PS3 slim has crashed a number of times now. Usually when bringing up the home screen while in a game. Hard to say if it's a bug or a hardware problem, but the system does make all kinds of plastic expansion noises (loud cracks/pops as it warms up or cools down).

My PS3 slim locks up too occasionally. Mostly on the home screen which makes me think the home screen has some software problems. They had a bug with wireless controllers not connecting as well. Seems to be fixed these days though. In any case, it crashes more than my 360 ever did. :dry:

You are one of the lucky ones then, it seems - I would highly recommend cleaning out your PS3 on a regular basis plug up all the vents with cello tape and vacuum out one open vent while off)

that would create a semi-vacuum, which is probably not good for some sensitive electronics. it would make more sense to leave two open - one at each end - surely?

The tech at Sony told me to block off the vents with a towel, but I think tape works better - also, unless you were to form a perfect seal around the PS3 vents, I highly doubt you'd create a suction hard enough to do any damage.

I've got 2 PS3s now (got my son a 250GB PS3 slim in an awesome Gamestop trade in story I'll have to tell another time), so if one does die, I've got a backup. Now I know how 360 owners feel. That being said, Sony sent out the new PS3 before I even shipped off the old one, so we weren't down for very long.

My PS3 slim has crashed a number of times now. Usually when bringing up the home screen while in a game. Hard to say if it's a bug or a hardware problem, but the system does make all kinds of plastic expansion noises (loud cracks/pops as it warms up or cools down).

We've had games lock up on us occasionally that caused a hard reboot, but never bringing up the XMB in-game. The heating/cooling thing is odd; I've never heard of that before. One of the things I like about the Slims is how quiet the fans are, especially compared to the older models.

Hey, Joyrex, that's quite an impressive trophy collection you have there. I thought I was doing good with just about 250 trophies. But your collection is just... wow... It is my mission to catch up to you... somehow...

sent you a friend request.

i finished Braid.

FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

folks said that each puzzle is unique and solving them gives you a sense of accomplishment like very few games do, and it really is true.

Guest abreaktor

stalker clear sky. it runs in 320:200 and i have to use all computational power in my house but its awesome so far. one of those games i will have to upgrade my hardware for!

i finished Braid.

FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

folks said that each puzzle is unique and solving them gives you a sense of accomplishment like very few games do, and it really is true.

One of the best games of all time :)

Anyone know if you get Metal Gear Solid on the PSN if you get the stealth suit once completed like you used to?

I wouldn't mind playing it again but if thats on there I'll get it for sure.

Still want to play first 2 god of wars but with it being released in USA the site I used cancelled my order. Guess I'll just jump straight into God of War 3 =/

Anyone know if you get Metal Gear Solid on the PSN if you get the stealth suit once completed like you used to?

I wouldn't mind playing it again but if thats on there I'll get it for sure.

Still want to play first 2 god of wars but with it being released in USA the site I used cancelled my order. Guess I'll just jump straight into God of War 3 =/

Ya, to get the stealth camo in MGS all yo have to do is submit to Ocelot's torture. Then when you start a new game, from your finished game data, you'll have it.

If you don't submit to the torture, your get the infinite ammo bandana.

And I highly recommend the first 2 GoW games.

i finished Braid.

FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

I need to beat it, me and my girlfriend at the time were trading off trying to beat it when it came out and then she gave up at world 4 or something. It does get pretty fuck the what though

i finished Braid.

FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

I need to beat it, me and my girlfriend at the time were trading off trying to beat it when it came out and then she gave up at world 4 or something. It does get pretty fuck the what though

Read out of context, your reply is a major LOL

i finished Braid.

FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

I agree, the ending is stunning and also very que fuck the

Archived