IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

was gonna get super meat boy but ended up getting bully: scholarship edition and dante's inferno instead (i just realized you can buy faily cheap non-arcade 360 games on xbox live), never played either of them, but one is by rockstar and the other is a god of war clone set in hell, what could go wrong?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was gonna get super meat boy but ended up getting bully: scholarship edition and dante's inferno instead (i just realized you can buy faily cheap non-arcade 360 games on xbox live), never played either of them, but one is by rockstar and the other is a god of war clone set in hell, what could go wrong?

That's funny. The only Games on Demand titles on I've bought is Bully And Dante's Inferno aswell.

But I have to say I didn't like them that much. I would probably have been totally in love with Bully if I bought it when it was released. But it just feels a bit too dated now. Dante's was really awesome in the beginning, but it just gets kind of boring after a while.

I found Bully was a bit of a boring game when it was released. It was ok for a while then just got a bit samey. Not as good as it could have been. It has been a good few years since I've played it though.

tbh it's pretty crap so far. the camera/character controlls are really weird and the framerate's a bit shit. and yeah, it does feel very dated. oh well, i've yet to try dante's inferno.

I found Bully was a bit of a boring game when it was released. It was ok for a while then just got a bit samey. Not as good as it could have been. It has been a good few years since I've played it though.

This exactly. I just dusted off my PS2 a couple of days ago. Broke out the Katamaris and Guitar Hero 2, but I haven't touched Bully yet.

Tried Silent Hunter III and V. I never heard of submarine simulators but I'm not exactly surprised they exist. The games are a lot of fun; but at times it does get a bit repetitive. Missions can last a good portion of your day if you want them to.

I tried Battlefield Heroes, it was pretty bad.

Dungeon Siege 3 just hit the $20 bin, so I grabbed it along with my brother. We fired it up and quickly found out that when you play multiplayer you don't get to save anything you find or earn. Only the host can save and advance in the story. Anyone else that joins the host chooses a character and is instantly the same level as the host. They can help with fights but don't earn anything. So the only use I can think of that the multiplayer holds is if the AI isn't holding it's weight during a fight, a friend can jump in and help instead.

What a bummer.

But oh well, it was only $20.

been playing earth bound on the wii, got a emulator for it as its hard to find and goes for crazy money on ebay.

its a classic rpg on the snes and has some of the best music i have ever hard in a video game.

you should youtube it or play it if your a retro gamer

i tried playing earthbound a while back...got my ass handed to me by some skater kid boss? i dunno, it was really early in the game, pretty embarrasing. maybe ill try again.

it not easy to say the least but there was a guide that came with the game, you can get the pdf on line. just done the second boss but i will try and see it though. good luck

oh, before I forget again

I ask this on here every year or so, but anyone here really into nerdy strategy games?

Im a huge fan of Paradox Interactive...usually their stuff on release day is godawful with bugs, but they patch that shit pretty quick and within a few months its incredibly cheap and fixed up. Also has a userbase that creates tons and tons of awesome mods.

My favorite of all time has to be Europa Universalis III (with all the addon content):

Ive mentioned it tons of times in here, but you basically are placed in charge of the destiny of a nation/tribal confederation/horde from approx. 1399 to 1812 or so. It never gets old for me, managing economy, religious influence, government structures, diplomacy, etc. etc. Tons of micromanagment that might seem overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it, great fun.

Can anyone recommend other really good strategy games for the PC? Preferably low on the graphic requirements.

Lastly, anyone ever play the Dynasty Warriors series? Is that worth a purchase? One of my all-time favorite games and IMHO one of the most underrated games in gaming history is Kessen III, who I believe made the Dynasty Warrior series.

oh, before I forget again

I ask this on here every year or so, but anyone here really into nerdy strategy games?

Im a huge fan of Paradox Interactive...usually their stuff on release day is godawful with bugs, but they patch that shit pretty quick and within a few months its incredibly cheap and fixed up. Also has a userbase that creates tons and tons of awesome mods.

My favorite of all time has to be Europa Universalis III (with all the addon content):

Ive mentioned it tons of times in here, but you basically are placed in charge of the destiny of a nation/tribal confederation/horde from approx. 1399 to 1812 or so. It never gets old for me, managing economy, religious influence, government structures, diplomacy, etc. etc. Tons of micromanagment that might seem overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it, great fun.

Can anyone recommend other really good strategy games for the PC? Preferably low on the graphic requirements.

Lastly, anyone ever play the Dynasty Warriors series? Is that worth a purchase? One of my all-time favorite games and IMHO one of the most underrated games in gaming history is Kessen III, who I believe made the Dynasty Warrior series.

The Dynasty Warriors series are mindless hack and slash games - the novelty (for me) wears off very quickly after a few plays.

For someone who didn't play PS2 or whatever, I was pretty entertained by Dynasty Warriors on PS3.

Its not a thinking man's game due to extremely light amount of map strategy it requires, but feels great when you just want to mow down thousands of people.

I played Dynasty Warriors a while ago. I wouldn't bother paying too much unless you're playing with someone else at the same time. It's not an easy game to stay excited about on your own.

That was a few years ago. I doubt they've changed much at all so I'm not going to bother trying a newer version.

ah ok, tyhanks for the input.

but if anyone likes strategy/rpg games, Kessen III has to be an unsung hero for me...its hard to find game footage

[youtubehd]dCI4w33Gf50[/youtubehd]

i mean, who doesn't want to play as Nobunaga Oda and unite Japan? apparently it has some of the gameplay as dynasty warriors, but it does require some thought...if you are a cavalry troop you want to hold the high ground...bowman and projectiles should always be distanced and kept at a strong defensive rate,

I haven't played strategy in a while. I'm talking a few years. AOE was my pinnacle and I'm quite happy to get back into one that's not overdone like most new releases seem to be. I'll have a look into this Europa Universalis and Kessen. Hopefully I'll find one that gels with me again like AOE 2 : Conquerors Expansion always could

be warned, EU is not for the light-hearted strategy fan...it takes a long time to get used to the micromanagement. Being a history nerd also helps.

But Kessen III (I dunno about the other two) is so vastly fucking underrated its ridiculous. Most epic game Ive ever played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZLFAjthDho

Elder scrolls online, I'm not sure what to think.

I'm afraid they stoped making games from passion and are begging to make games for money. I just hope its good.

From the sound of it it will be just like every other MMO.

http://kotaku.com/59...her-fantasy-mmo

...and look like every other MMO

watermarked.jpg

Yeah it will be like every other MMO except that it will have an Elder Scrolls theme instead of a star wars one...

Finally I can play MMO's lol.

Archived