IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest Frankie5fingers

Okami HD has been announced for PS3 - 1080P visuals, remastered graphics - I never played the original game on PS2, so this is welcome news to me as the game looked visually stunning even then, I can't imagine what it will look like in HD.

This is excellent news for those who have missed out on playing Okami. I finished the original game a few months ago and I must say I have rarely been so addicted to a video game (I spent around 3-4 hours per day on this in average).

same, dude. Okami was an amazing game. visually stunning, great gameplay, and a good story. a 9/10 in my book.

and Joyrex trust me, even if the HD version isn't much of an update buy it anyways. you will not be dissapointed with this game.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn this is exciting...ive always gone into stores or on amazon, seeing it in the corner, hearing the nonstop praise, but never quite getting up the balls to try it out. I think i shall pursue this HD version.

Also, The Ratchet and Clank HD collection is coming soon (possibly out, since I'm seeing reviews of it) - you can find out why that series is so great.

Also, The Ratchet and Clank HD collection is coming soon (possibly out, since I'm seeing reviews of it) - you can find out why that series is so great.

oh man i remember playing the hell out of these back in the day. I even played Deadlocked online all the time even though it wasn't really popular and the critics mauled it.

damnit...im getting tired of these only DL games or revisions coming out...I can't be arsed to buy a new harddrive.

Funny, I feel the opposite - I groan whenever I have to go the store to get a game or have to insert a Blu-Ray disc in the drive...

playing some Fallout: brotherhood of steel for the PS2 with my roommate, it's more an action RPG but good fun playing with two people.

want to get Myst III: Exile and play it on the PS2 now.. nice to sit on the couch playing games.

Nintendo is also finally breaking the pay wall, announcing paid DLC will be available for both

New Super Mario Bros 2 & the new Fire Emblem for 3DS shortly after launch. It was funny to see Reggie immediately react "but don't worry, these are full games we are selling". They are also doing their first day and date digital release w NSMB2. Maybe they finally see the world is passing them up.

another DS redesign, only a year later? jeez

603181183.jpg

Nintendo once again proves they're out of touch with the industry and are trying to kill themselves as a corporation - seriously, who thought this was a good idea? The original DSXL didn't sell well and was a niche product as a last hurrah for an aging product line, but this coming out less than a year after the 3DS and after a price cut... I dunno.

Add to that Nintendo also announced that while there is a new Smash Bros game in development, Namco Bandai is heading up development, with only the lead producer of the original series as part of the team.

It's not like Nintendo has so many titles coming out they couldn't have the development resources... or are they that small they can't handle multiple projects?

Please, Nintendo - make your wonderful games for other platforms, and stop worrying about making hardware anymore.

What really makes me wonder is why on Earth did they release the second analogue stick for the 3DS and then when they revamp it and make a larger version of it they leave out the second analogue stick?

What really makes me wonder is why on Earth did they release the second analogue stick for the 3DS and then when they revamp it and make a larger version of it they leave out the second analogue stick?

This x100000.

That could have been the one good reason for releasing a hardware refresh, and would have justified buying it instead of that horrible add on they have for the 3DS.

Why not come out with a smaller, sleeker 3DS like they did with the DS Lite, include another analogue stick (hell, make them smaller if you have to), and pull some sales away from PS Vita.

pull some sales away from PS Vita.

What sales?

;)

Sad, but true. The Vita (so far) is turning into this generation's Atari Lynx - great hardware with anemic software support.

Guest Frankie5fingers

it is sad to see that the only people destroying Nintendo is......Nintendo. its almost like they have completely ignored the consumer and just put out whatever they 'think' we want. hopefully this new Wii U isn't a bust. which it probably will be. :(

it is sad to see that the only people destroying Nintendo is......Nintendo. its almost like they have completely ignored the consumer and just put out whatever they 'think' we want. hopefully this new Wii U isn't a bust. which it probably will be. :(

It'll sell ok, I think. First Party games on Nintendo platforms always sell well (except for the newest Kirby and Metroid games) so if they have those guaranteed "hardcore" games that real gamers like, then they'll move a couple of million consoles just based on that.

Guest AcrossCanyons

I've recently accepted that Nintendo will never make another NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube. The 64 and Gamecube are two of my favourite consoles but they just didn't sell. The Wii has sold a bunch and that's the route they will continue to go down. It sucks but it's just the way it is.

It'll sell ok, I think. First Party games on Nintendo platforms always sell well (except for the newest Kirby and Metroid games) so if they have those guaranteed "hardcore" games that real gamers like, then they'll move a couple of million consoles just based on that.

All really depends on how mean Microsoft and Sony want to be and troll the Wii U's launch with full-on announcements of their next consoles with graphics that will most certainly make the Wii U look even more dated than it already does.

The dwindling Nintendo faithful and idiot parents who don't know better will fall victim though, so yeah, they'll sell a few million consoles, and then when the already anemic third party support dries up and major titles skip over Wii U (which is already happening), the coffin lid will come slamming down.

Fucking hell, I'm so jaded!

Guest jasondonervan

Took a punt on Tokyo Jungle yesterday, and while it's not particularly a looker, it's certainly fun. Only just embarked on the early tutorial stage, but it has had me grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

dct2qr.jpg

rkngwk.jpg

dwbe9y.jpg

Took a punt on Tokyo Jungle yesterday, and while it's not particularly a looker, it's certainly fun. Only just embarked on the early tutorial stage, but it has had me grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

dct2qr.jpg

rkngwk.jpg

dwbe9y.jpg

I've been reading reviews - while flawed, it does certainly look fun, although I have read the difficulty spikes up sharply near the end when you attempt to unlock the dinosaurs.

Guest Frankie5fingers

All really depends on how mean Microsoft and Sony want to be and troll the Wii U's launch with full-on announcements of their next consoles with graphics that will most certainly make the Wii U look even more dated than it already does.

The dwindling Nintendo faithful and idiot parents who don't know better will fall victim though, so yeah, they'll sell a few million consoles, and then when the already anemic third party support dries up and major titles skip over Wii U (which is already happening), the coffin lid will come slamming down.

Fucking hell, I'm so jaded!

well, either way ill be getting one. i buy every system that comes out, but thats me. but yeah, in a gaming world where graphics are more important the Wii U will not do as well as the PS or Xbox. it will always be a family system like you say. occasionally they'll have a good game but they're to far and few in between for someone who can only afford a single system to buy a Wii for one or two serious games. if these third parties can make some great games that actually use the new controller people will buy it. but i feel it will just be the Wii all over again: The best game will come with the system and no other game that comes out on it will actually fully utilize the new controler.

it truly is sad, owning every single Nintendo system, i grew up with Nintendo. practically all the best games ever made came out on a Nintendo system. I never once Thought that they would fall apart this quickly once competition came in. its almost like they just decided to cave in and fall back on releasing a shit load of Mario games instead of trying to come up with ground breaking titles.

Archived