IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gbiscuit

Good man Hercules.

I just finished up Red Dead Redemption; great game but quite the timesink with very limited replay value.

Picked up Risen the other day in place of RDR. It's basically a Gothic clone, pretty fun for the RPG tard in me. Fetch quests, magic, giant bugs, the staples of sub-standard RPG's that I love to death.

As for online stuff, I am usually on Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising or GTAIV when I feel like killing my friends.

i brought battlefield bc2 today... i don't get it :( what's good about this game? playing online feels like i'm playing a dated shooter like call of duty 3. maps are too large to do find anybody, if you run around you get shot, if you stay around the same area you never see anybody. the only class that seems any good is sniper.

That's how I felt when I was first playing the multiplayer demo. Coming from MW2, the movement felt slow and restricted, and it was hard to notice enemies. The more I played it, the better it got, so that's my advice. Now I'm a madman at game. Always join a squad, when you die, you have the option to spawn off anyone in your squad(although it sucks when your mates are all shitty-ass snipers sitting in bushes on hills). Once you get used to the weapons and the feel of the game and learn how to move quickly and be aware of where the main focal points of action are, it can be a fantastic multiplayer experience.

P.S. use the spotting system, its one of the most important things you can do to be a good teammate.

Guest futuregirlfriend

About 25 hours into Dragon Age. While I'm impressed that the game isn't over in eight hours, it's like two minutes of something interesting for every hour. I'm was trying to play as an evil, casteless dwarf and the reactions I'm getting out of people are equal to "Aww, that's not very nice!" I'm just playing as a 'whatever gets things done quickest' dwarf now. I've done the dwarf bit, done the elf bit and I'm currently losing my mind on that damn fade bit, shutting the game off every 20 minutes "that's it! fuck these mouse holes." One thing that's funny is they seem to have just run with sassy homosexual character idea. I should of kept tally of the Ferelden's poopoo eaters. And where's the phat loot at? I've hardly found anything fun.

Good man Hercules.

I just finished up Red Dead Redemption; great game but quite the timesink with very limited replay value.

How can a game be a timesink, but have limited replay value?

Ok...was at the later half of the game Deadly Premonition but Xbox decided to one day give me the 3 flashing rings of death. Replaced the power block...xbox worked but gave me a present of a corrupt 250 gb hard drive. So, I'm going to move on to another game on another system while I wait for microsoft to exchange my hd out.

Guest Gbiscuit

Good man Hercules.

How can a game be a timesink, but have limited replay value?

I would say basically all of what you can do in the game can be completed within one playthrough. There isn't much in the way of variety through the main story missions either nor are there any significant ways to alter the outcome of the story, which I can give a bit of leeway to considering the back story. As for the timesink part, it felt repetitive which could have made it feel longer than it should.

Hope that makes sense.

Guest futuregirlfriend

After the first time the Fade sucked loads of penis. Funny how games keep drawing you back in like that...

Whoa I made a pig's ear of my original post. The game isn't terrible and I'm glad there are still things like it on the PC. I blame The Fade rage. Once I stopped trying to keep a mental log of where I'd been/should go it became a lot less stressful. I'm heading for the generals at the end of the game now. Then I have the expansion.

Guest Gbiscuit

Oh yeah, I love the shit out of Dragon Age myself it's just that the Fade was hella annoying as a rogue. It was a lot more bearable as a straight damage dealing mage however.

and also, now playing minecraft! we should start a watmm server and build a castle in the shape of rdj's eyeballs.

damn, i hear so much about this lately, checking it now.

and it seems really hard to warez. i might have to buy it.

and you shouldn't warez indie devs anyway

the fade was tedious. if it was shorter, then it would've been awesome.

and also, now playing minecraft! we should start a watmm server and build a castle in the shape of rdj's eyeballs.

lol the fade / circle tower thing was about as long as any of the other missions in the game.. you probably just suck

noob

Archived