IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I just drank a bottle of wine with my gf and watched Titanic and cried. Yeah I'm fully opening myself up to derision here, but apart from the clumsy present-day sequences that bookend it, it's a very well done film. And even with the bookends, Gloria Stuart is excellent, love the way she says "oop!" when she drops the necklace back in the ocean. No apologies, Cameron did a very good job. It's pretty much the perfect date film if you're not too cynical.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny Farm - Classic/10

It was really fun revisiting this one.

The Forth Kind - 4/10

Slightly entertaining, but above all, gimmicky fuckery. Though, despite how terrible an alien film can be, they still freak me out.... ET and Mac and Me included.

Barry Lyndon - 9/10

I decided to revisit this one after reading all the sudden hype on watmm. It's surprising how fast those 3 hours went by. A truly overshadowed film... it brings a smile to my face to see it alive and well on watmm.

Guest ataraxy2

Johnny Got His Gun inexcusably bad/10

Final Destination 4 0.1/10

What the hell?

should have seen that one coming

I'd agree if it weren't by the director of FD2. Which is easily the best in the series.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wow dexter season 3 was really shit. the finale was so weak

the whole skinner storyline was such a distraction. it was kinda thrown in there. "wheres freebo" made me laugh everytimme. they even tried to explain why his motives were so shit (dexter telling him his information gathering torture was a pretense for something he just plain enjoyed) in the finale but that felt desperate like they'd realised how shit they'd made his character and were clutching at straws.

one positive - at least quinn wasn't the skinner. that would have been too obvious.

jimmy smits death i was looking forward to all season but even that was underwhelming

ihope ramone comes after dexter next season and isn't talked out of it by a 2 minute prison conversation

p.s oscgarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

looking forward to seeing dexter kill john lithgoe now

and seeing how much surgery rita has inbetween season 3 & 4

Guest Adjective

bronson 7/10

nice @ opening use of scott walker

lol @ fucking superhands

overall a mixed feeling. i don't want to like him but its hard not to as he's the films soul. it's not really about how bad he is it's about how good he is. we never sympathise with the prison guards getting a kicking as he's always on the losing end eventually. was fucked up when they drugged him.

would have been awful if jason statham had been in it. imagine? although might have been worth it to see his cock. tom hardy was really really good. some of the more theatrical bits seemed wrong somehow. imdb says 2500 press ups a day. i could do that.

would have been nice to get more idea what happened to him in those first 7 years in prison.

the music was great throughout. even the pet shop boys. hell especially the pet shop boys. it's a sin.

that movie affected me as soon as it started. it looked like tom hardy truly gave in to the character and let it take over. i turned it off halfway through. i couldn't see a point to finish it.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

bronson 7/10

lol @ fucking superhands

overall a mixed feeling. i don't want to like him but its hard not to as he's the films soul. it's not really about how bad he is it's about how good he is. we never sympathise with the prison guards getting a kicking as he's always on the losing end eventually. was fucked up when they drugged him.

would have been awful if jason statham had been in it. imagine? although might have been worth it to see his cock. tom hardy was really really good. some of the more theatrical bits seemed wrong somehow. imdb says 2500 press ups a day. i could do that.

would have been nice to get more idea what happened to him in those first 7 years in prison.

the music was great throughout. even the pet shop boys. hell especially the pet shop boys. it's a sin.

that movie affected me as soon as it started. it looked like tom hardy truly gave in to the character and let it take over. i turned it off halfway through. i couldn't see a point to finish it.

i knew it wasn't going to be a satisfying ending as his story isn't over. turning it off seems odd though

mesrine parts 1 and 2 - killer instinct & public enemy no.1

excellent! based on the life of 1 crazy double hard bastard (jacques mesrine) played superbly by vincent cassel... like a french 'chopper' but 1000 times more violent. long but so much happens it's edge of the seat stuff all the way.

The Road - Better than expected, some of the shots were amazing and didn't last nearly as long as I would have liked. Maybe just because I've been watching loads of Herzog stuff recently I've grown use to his style. Viggo, as ever, was awesome and the kid wasn't irritating which can be rare in film (ie Where The Wild Things Are). The end was a touch too optimistic for my liking though, and some scenes could have done with being much darker. 4 out of 5.

Guest Adjective

bronson 7/10

lol @ fucking superhands

i knew it wasn't going to be a satisfying ending as his story isn't over. turning it off seems odd though

i was high, and it made the movie too intense for me. it just seemed like it would only escalate, and that's not where i wanted to be

Guest futuregirlfriend

Yellowbeard - Worse than I thought it'd be.

A Night at the Roxbury - Better than I thought it'd be.

I just saw the White Ribbon. It was like Children of the Corn but all artsy and anticlimactic. Worth it for the asshole doctor monologue tho. I'm glad I now know that fascism comes from fingerbanging your daughter 8/10.

Guest Z_B_Z

watching michael manns 'manhunter' in beatiful hd. its much better than i remember it being. good soundtrack too.. has that mid 80s tangerine dream feel.

Use spoilers asshole!

and answer my goddamn question in the most idm thread!

Or I will fingerbang your commie ass!

lol :sad: I didn't ruin anything about the film though, it's not really much of a "whodunit", as the answer to that is obvious to the audience early on. It's more about the ambience of this rural German community, which is conveyed very effectively. Actually I raise my score to 9/10.

Use spoilers asshole!

and answer my goddamn question in the most idm thread!

Or I will fingerbang your commie ass!

lol :sad: I didn't ruin anything about the film though, it's not really much of a "whodunit", as the answer to that is obvious to the audience early on. It's more about the ambience of this rural German community, which is conveyed very effectively. Actually I raise my score to 9/10.

I would argue that who did it was never really resolved. You are led to believe it was the children, but it is only implied for some of the occurrences. There were certainly other people in the village who had enough motivation to commit some of those things.

Use spoilers asshole!

Ok...

I'll accept that....

really want to see this one...

Archived