IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really disliked that film. Thought the visuals were really lacking and the goddamn thing just wouldn't end.

same i went into it expecting to be a style over substance, visually pleasurable film to watch at the very least, but nope the visuals were extremely boring and derivative overly color filtered mess

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

pirate radio - fun

(i'm great at these reviews)

I thought it was lame as fuck, watched all of the first half and didn't have the inspiration to click on part 2 of the divx stream... tried so hard to be a feel good comedy but it wasn't either if you ask me.

Guest viscosity

just saw Vertigo...

it was purty good

he has a fairly large filmography. can someone recommend me some other Hitchcock other then Psycho or the Birds?

I watched Inland Empire again last night with a couple of friends.

That movie still freaks me out. It's probably the most uncomfortable movie I've ever watched.

The first time I watched it I hated the DV-cam look the movie has - probably because I was used to Lynch's beautiful cinematography from Mulholland Drv. and Lost Highway. It still sort of annoys me but I think last night was the first time I noticed how many stunning scenes there are in this movie. The lighting and some of the sets are fantastic!

9/10

Guest ataraxy2

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Eh. Didn't like. *shields self* Zydrate Anatomy was a really cool song/segment though. If more of the film had been like that... (Another thing I liked about it was that it had this fantastic gore/goth visual style which looked incredible.)

Guest Fishtank

I watched Inland Empire again last night with a couple of friends.

That movie still freaks me out. It's probably the most uncomfortable movie I've ever watched.

The first time I watched it I hated the DV-cam look the movie has - probably because I was used to Lynch's beautiful cinematography from Mulholland Drv. and Lost Highway. It still sort of annoys me but I think last night was the first time I noticed how many stunning scenes there are in this movie. The lighting and some of the sets are fantastic!

9/10

I agree

the movie's like a puzzle

I think it's Lynch trying to make you feel what Nikki/Susan is feeling, which is the curse of the film she is making

just saw Vertigo...

it was purty good

he has a fairly large filmography. can someone recommend me some other Hitchcock other then Psycho or the Birds?

North by Northwest & Rear Window seconded, Frenzy is my favorite Hitchcock film. I also recently saw 'Dial M for muder' and 'Rebecca' good shit

Guest Z_B_Z

lol well clearly you watched the wrong type of film. and what caused the destruction of civilization is completely beside the point.

Guest Z_B_Z

and what would you have made the main storyline? seems like you just wanted another 2012. if so, why not just watch that one again?

The main storyline should have been the catastrophe itself , i wanted to see Aragorn run away from huge balls of fire coming from the Scientology supervolcano.

I mean , i didn't hate the main plot , but it was like " Okay i get what the characters are going through , but excuse me , there is a fucking Armageddon happening and you are ignoring it!!!! "

Guest Z_B_Z

The main storyline should have been the catastrophe itself , i wanted to see Aragorn run away from huge balls of fire coming from the Scientology supervolcano.

I mean , i didn't hate the main plot , but it was like " Okay i get what the characters are going through , but excuse me , there is a fucking Armageddon happening and you are ignoring it!!!! "

lol go watch 2012 again then

The Road - Good looking film , but very disappointing content. I wanted to see more of what caused Armageddon , more action and less depressing-ness. 7.5/10

This is completely the opposite of the movie/book and would denaturalise it completely man. There is no artifice. It's not about explaining. It's all about the human connection. The raw, emotional answer to "How far would you go?" or "How much can you take before just letting it all go?"

This ain't fucking Deep Impact.

p.s.: :facepalm:

Archived