IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

singles 1/10

wow this was a complete mess. the 1 star is for matt dillion as he was great. everything else was so bad. was the film supposed to show how 90's seattle wasn't all cool n shit - it was more like yuppies liking grunge? hated all the characters. the talking to camera part was horrible and really out of place. the only good part was spotting rock stars (vedder,cornell etc). cameron crowe sucks. yet i still love almost famous.

Guest Mirezzi

singles 1/10

wow this was a complete mess. the 1 star is for matt dillion as he was great. everything else was so bad. was the film supposed to show how 90's seattle wasn't all cool n shit - it was more like yuppies liking grunge? hated all the characters. the talking to camera part was horrible and really out of place. the only good part was spotting rock stars (vedder,cornell etc). cameron crowe sucks. yet i still love almost famous.

lol, wtf on earth possessed you to watch this shit in 2010? That movie was literally relevant for like three months in history, perhaps the fourth quarter of 1992 and never after.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The Wolfman 6.66/10 - not bad, not great, some mediocre CGI, some really bad ass gore scenes, emily blunt was kind of charming, do not regret watchin

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

singles 1/10

lol, wtf on earth possessed you to watch this shit in 2010? That movie was literally relevant for like three months in history, perhaps the fourth quarter of 1992 and never after.

well

1. it turned up on netflix play instant.

2. we knew nothing about it

3. we love the nineties

4. i like very much almost famous

5. it was that or a documentary about advertising

Guest maoam

The Ghost - in a near empty cinema with a couple of beers it was a very solid 8/10. Nice looking, good atmosphere, well paced.

mcgregor's in it too btw, he does a good job.

Guest abusivegeorge

One flew over the cuckoos nest. 9/10

How good is the ending of this film? Tears and laughter at once lol.

i really liked ewan mcgregor early in his career, and then he suddenly turned shit, what happened?

empireguys.jpg

Looks like a douche on this photo

lol, I think I'm finally starting to grasp this "hipster" thing...looks like a potato-headed Iain C

One flew over the cuckoos nest. 9/10

How good is the ending of this film? Tears and laughter at once lol.

I watched this once like 15 years ago, and I've bought it, but I can't bring myself to rewatch it past, say, the first 30 min or so. I know how it ends and the thought of it is too damn unsettling.

Guest Z_B_Z

yeah 'come and see' really left a mark on me. powerful film.. i havent seen it in a while so maybe its due for a rewatch. so many incredibly intense scenes

anyone seen 'ballast'? ive just come across it and it looks interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1lOiy3j-K0

also just saw this-

2931537690_504175e53a.jpg

struck me as a real poser film. well made but says almost nothing. ive seen better black metal documentaries on youtube

My gf wants to go see Robin Hood with me, will I suffer, please tell me watmm.

Yes. Yes, you will.

It's extremely boring.

thanks, I bailed

Guest Mirezzi

738329031725.jpg

I like how the director never made another movie after "Come and see" because he thought he would never top it, if only more directors did the same.

Holy shit, about time another WATMMer showed this film some love. For my money, it's A. the best film ever made about war and B. one of the very few best films ever made, period, regardless of genre.

yeah 'come and see' really left a mark on me. powerful film.. i havent seen it in a while so maybe its due for a rewatch. so many incredibly intense scenes

anyone seen 'ballast'? ive just come across it and it looks interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1lOiy3j-K0

also just saw this-

2931537690_504175e53a.jpg

struck me as a real poser film. well made but says almost nothing. ive seen better black metal documentaries on youtube

I reviewed Ballast earlier in the thread. Very good movie.

I dug Ballast as well... say it exactly 5 months ago haha

Ballast - 7/10 - Really well done for a first film. The editing was interesting, especially for the story that was being told. It was primarily done with jump cuts, similar to Godards Breathless and just about all the indie films these days it seems, which usually provokes energy and action in a film (both of which lacking in this film), but in this case I guess it tailored to the fragmented lives/story of the characters involved... or the director trying to cover up that fact that he can't frame a shot. All and all the emotion was there and as was the atmosphere.

Archived