IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Fishtank

The Road

I had high expectations but this is a really shitty movie, bad writing, unnecessary/pointless scenes and dull depressing mood makes for a big shit stew.

But the dialog really makes this movie hard to watch, every time that kid opened his mouth I wanted to punch him. I was actually yelling at the movie, something I haven't done in a long time.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah didn't enjoy the film either, some of the shots were nice but one of the most boring post-apocalypses on film....and frustrating! A big wtf for Charlize's character, for Viggo's character being such a wimpy douche and yes the kid for being a whiny shit....could have been just as bleak but with more substance....the basment scene with all of the meat people was fun though! :emotawesomepm9:

I forum-searched that post of yours already, but I kept longing for more opinions ... :wink:

Well my opinions are all you need, everyone here either hates everything or have bad taste :mellow:

JOKING!

:cisfor:

:rolleyes:

and there is this... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45320

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yeh your right Jonas, that aspect was really fucking overdone, it really shouldn't ever get a better review than 6/10 that's for sure.

I realize I have very low expectations/requirements for movies most of the time unless I really somehow expect way too much from them. I have a pretty good ability to tune out things I don't like about movies. But mostly the fact that I have spent about 40 dollars total in the last year on seeing movies and Ive probably watched over 150 makes me not pissed when there's disappointing aspects of films.

I'm really gonna instantly turn into 95 year old dood mumbling @ bars when I can longer see movies for free before they come out etc. yelling at people "back in my day, exclusive pirated entertainment was 3 mouse clicks away"

that does sound interesting to me ... now all that's left is to convince my girlfriend to spend the coupons on it (she's scared of the film for some reason, I don't know why, she's got like some of the most brutal films in her collection, Funny Games, 28 Days Later, The Cell etc. :huh: )

The Road

I had high expectations but this is a really shitty movie, bad writing, unnecessary/pointless scenes and dull depressing mood makes for a big shit stew.

But the dialog really makes this movie hard to watch, every time that kid opened his mouth I wanted to punch him. I was actually yelling at the movie, something I haven't done in a long time.

wrong-way-sign-higher-res.jpg

Guest Fishtank

yeah didn't enjoy the film either, some of the shots were nice but one of the most boring post-apocalypses on film....and frustrating! A big wtf for Charlize's character, for Viggo's character being such a wimpy douche and yes the kid for being a whiny shit....could have been just as bleak but with more substance....the basment scene with all of the meat people was fun though! :emotawesomepm9:

As soon as she said "all the other families are doing it" I was stunned, even if her character is supposed to be that immature it was the end of their conversation, no rebuttal or snide comeback from her husband. THEN when he asks why she can't stay she just says "I can't". That's just inexcusable if you ask me and there's tons more examples I could cite but I'm probably preaching to the choir.

If this movie had any redeeming qualities it had pretty decent acting and directing and yes the basement people, but all the tension gets dissolved in that scene when they get away scot-free and sit outside of the house for what seemed like several hours for no reason and THEN decide to leave.

Guest futuregirlfriend

The Bed Sitting Room - Pretty disappointing, considering the cast, but still worth a look if you get the chance to watch it 5/10

If this movie had any redeeming qualities it had pretty decent acting and directing and yes the basement people, but all the tension gets dissolved in that scene when they get away scot-free and sit outside of the house for what seemed like several hours for no reason and THEN decide to leave.

I think I am the only person that felt that the basement people scene felt very out of place in the movie.

cargo 6/10

swiss sci-fi. apparently the first swiss sci-fi but that sounds unlikely. was very similar to danny boyle's sunshine but without the shift in style/mood/film halfway through. was a little unsatisfying. love story not developed. why do we always need a love story? bah. meh. etc.

suspenseful first quarter i enjoyed but i've seen it done better and one the mystery was gone then so was most of my interest. the special effects were mostly very good.

just watched this, I agree with your rating (might have skewed it even lower). Apparently the Swiss are very good at doing boring. This film had a lot of potential but unfortunately went steadily downhill.

Also watched Book of Eli, which was Fallout 3: the movie, as others have said. Not bad, 6.5/10. What was the deal with his ipod?

All the boys love Mandy Lane - 4/10

Wild things - 8/10

Book of Eli - 6/10

Solomon Kane - 7/10

Död Snö - 7/10

The Fountain 9/10

Shutter Island - 8/10

Really enjoyed this, at least a lot more than The Departed. Probably one of the better stabs at new-age film noir that I have seen; DiCaprio even had a bit of Joseph Cotten nuance from The Third Man, at least character wise. What I didn't like was the polished, overly dramatic, CGI shit during the dream sequences. I could complain about how blatantly obvious the so called twist was... but I didn't find that it was the punch line/driving force of the film. The film is so much more. I do wish it spent more time with the actual inner-workings of hospital/staff. Anywho... I'm definitely ging to give it another watch.

Book Of Eli - :facepalm:/10

Waterworld's inverted monochromatic twin that was devoured and slowly digested by The-Zack-Snyder-300-Awesome-Movie-Maker-2000!!. It was fun to watch.. I'm not going to sit here and bash because I know it's not meant to be over analyzed... but i nearly spit out my beer at the end.

Waterworld's inverted monochromatic twin that was devoured and slowly digested by The-Zack-Snyder-300-Awesome-Movie-Maker-2000!!. It was fun to watch.. I'm not going to sit here and bash because I know it's not meant to be over analyzed... but i nearly spit out my beer at the end.

wait, can you explain the deal with his rechargeable ipod thingy?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the informant 6/10

was ok. the story was told better on this american life. maybe didnt help that i knew the story already. the tone was bizarre. the music wtf? they wanted it to be a comedy but it wasn't. i'm not sure what it was in the end. my expectations may have been raised by the praise on here but in the en the movie was pretty much what i expected from the trailer and i'm glad i waited for the dvd.

surrogates 6/10

As someone who stays home alot i found the idea behind this movie very interesting. but ultimately this film was pretty unrewarding. shame

wait, can you explain the deal with his rechargeable ipod thingy?

To put it simply, jesus juice.

Electric Apricot: Quest for Festeroo. 6.5/10 (probably 7.5 if stoned while watching).

Les Claypool is the main redeeming feature here, but if you liked Spinal Tap you'll probably want to watch this at least once.

John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness - 8/10

- horror films in the 80's didn't get much better than this....

possessed bug ridden homeless people, evil swirling satan jizz, and being locked in a church with said jism infecting all of your scientist buddies...

pdst17-402x327.jpg

just watched Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson. I'd like to say it was an above average conspiracy thriller but really it was pretty average. Some fundamental parts of the plot didn't make much sense, for example

What was the point of shooting the daughter if they had already poisoned her?

Mel is really starting to look freaky with his rheumy, jittery alcoholic eyes, creased skin, and fucked up teeth. He should audition for a zombie role. 6/10

Guest Z_B_Z

John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness - 8/10

this has slowly grown into one of my favorite carpenter films. some great scenes (especially towards the end).

Guest Z_B_Z

on another carpenter note, i just watched his 'memoirs of the invisible man' and was pretty underwhelmed. once he got to the 90s he was out of steam. maybe one or two good films post 80s but thats it.

William Eggleston in the Real World - 8/10

Interesting little documentary on William Eggleston... mostly comprised of poorly shot/edited video/audio, but interesting nonetheless being that you never hear very much about the man. Would have easily marked it a 6 if it weren't for the extremely rare footage of Eggleston with a video camera... I knew his photos possessed a certain eeriness that only David Lynch has been able to stir up in me, but the mans video footage, even more so.

Archived