IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woke up at like 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep so for some reason i decided to watch antichrist. it actually reminded of the shining in some ways. not quite as crazy as i thought, all the violence is at the very end of the film. the scissor scene totally made me squint for the first time ever in a film since i can remember..

i should have rented it instead of downloading it. the entire film is very dark and the divx compression turned all that lush photography into a massive blob of ugly moving blocks

not as amazing as hyped up to be, but still cool nonetheless. i'd watch it again for the cinematography and weirdass soundtrack

Guest abusivegeorge

INTERNET GEEZE

INTERNET DOESNT SEEM TO KNOW

GEEZE

it's on lovefilm.com GEEZE

Cheerz mate! Not of this site before, top man.

Micmacs à tire-larigot

not as good as amélie, still though - 8/10

I'll have to check that out... just watched Delicatessen the other night.

Delicatessen - 8/10

Beautifully detailed film and entertaining the whole way through. Jean-Pierre Jeunet should have directed the new Alice in Wonderland :emotawesomepm9:

Tetro - 6.5/10

This film did nothing for me, spare that it was beautiful to look at. It was very operatic, a given with Coppola films, but this film seemed to have no backbone. The events unfolded without effort or reason, it seemed.

Guest Mirezzi

You hadn't seen Delicatessen? It's damned awesome. For my money, it's probably his best, but I did like City of Lost Children and A Very Long Engagement quite a bit. Amelie, however, was nauseating.

Nope, I had not seen it... always meant to, but hadn't really thought of the dude since his new film popped up, rejuvenating some Jeunet blood flow. I have seen most of his other work, but hard to recall most of it since it was back in my early highschool years.

Guest Mirezzi

I gotta get Jeunet's new one.

Marc Caro, Jeunet's collaborator on Delicatessen and City of Lost Children, appears to have been the weak link in that creative partnership. Hadn't heard from him in years and he looks to have made some shitty sci-fi movie recently.

Get him to the Greek - 7/10

Pretty funny and entertaining through out except a little ruined by a generic 'redemption' ending where it's supposed to warm your heart.

I far preferred the director's previous movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall which i would give an 8.5/10. Russel Brand was actually pretty hilarious in that movie, in this one hes just playing a generic rock star asshole and Jonah Hill get's all the laughs. Felt a little rushed, but id be interested to see what the guy does next.

Guest Mirezzi

Pretty funny and entertaining through out except a little ruined by a generic 'redemption' ending where it's supposed to warm your heart.

I far preferred the director's previous movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall which i would give an 8.5/10. Russel Brand was actually pretty hilarious in that movie, in this one hes just playing a generic rock star asshole and Jonah Hill get's all the laughs. Felt a little rushed, but id be interested to see what the guy does next.

Wow, thanks for the advance warning. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was fucking terrible. :whistling:

Guest Mirezzi

so was tropic thunder but you do generally have good taste in films :whistling:

Indeed. When I get into the trash, I go head first and I leave no prisoners.

Mainly, I can't stand Jason Segel and his penis is the most repulsive thing I've ever seen in a film.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Get him to the greek was weak IMHO but I fucking hate russel brandt..... buuuut biased opinions aside it was pretty fucking lame

Guest vodor

AVP: 2/5

pretty much shit in just about every way. one egregious example is where a face-hugger latches onto victim, falls off victim, victim becomes conscious, and chest-burster pops out in what can not be more than 5 minutes. literally. i'd time it if i was a bigger nerd, because there are parallel events and a regular event every 10 minutes that would make timing it precisely very practical! but i'm a sucker for the franchises so i did get some enjoyment from watching the aliens and predators do their respective things.

knowing: 3/5

laughable action/thriller/cg sequences, ridiculous science, and the worst child actor since anakin, but surprisingly strong in other areas and enjoyable overall.

the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford: 4/5

good movie! brad pitt is pretty much just brad pitt in all of his roles, including this one. first time i've seen casey affleck and i dug him. sam rockwell is always rad. friggan long movie and i would have liked it if it went on for an hour more.

encounters at the end of the world: 2/5

surprisingly shallow. cool footage and factoids and some interesting characters, but the attempts to tie things into meaningful statements about humanity and the universe are weak, shallow, and obvious.

AVP: 2/5

pretty much shit in just about every way. one egregious example is where a face-hugger latches onto victim, falls off victim, victim becomes conscious, and chest-burster pops out in what can not be more than 5 minutes. literally. i'd time it if i was a bigger nerd, because there are parallel events and a regular event every 10 minutes that would make timing it precisely very practical! but i'm a sucker for the franchises so i did get some enjoyment from watching the aliens and predators do their respective things.

If you thought that was bad, check out the second one. It actually makes the first one look good...

Guest Fishtank

Really? I hated Sarah Marshall

Guest ruiagnelo

Doesn't really count as film, but i have been watching The Twilight Zone and i am quite addicted to it already. Each story is a wonder of the human imagination and it has a science fiction feeling that i haven't seen for a while in shows brought by the same period.

Guest Mirezzi

Doesn't really count as film, but i have been watching The Twilight Zone and i am quite addicted to it already. Each story is a wonder of the human imagination and it has a science fiction feeling that i haven't seen for a while in shows brought by the same period.

Yep, absolutely classic.

Guest Mirezzi

It's interesting to note that while The Twilight Zone (E.g. - "I feel like I'm living in the fucking Twilight Zone!") is still so much a part of the Western pop culture lexicon, the show itself isn't well known by younger generations.

Guest ruiagnelo

Yep, absolutely classic.

Watched 20/156 episodes so far. Still a lot remaining :yeah:

Archived