IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest abusivegeorge

Avatar, I fucking LOVED it. It's a beautiful film, and I can never start being analytical about a film that is as beautiful to look at as that. I mean fucking hell you plug your beautiful flowing hair in the fibres of a God and make a wish for fuck sake.

10/10.

Some of the acting is lol though, and I love it when the make-up keeps running off his face.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avatar, I fucking LOVED it. It's a beautiful film, and I can never start being analytical about a film that is as beautiful to look at as that. I mean fucking hell you plug your beautiful flowing hair in the fibres of a God and make a wish for fuck sake.

10/10.

Some of the acting is lol though, and I love it when the make-up keeps running off his face.

what make-up? the avatars are CG

Guest vodor

10/10.

so if some of the acting wasn't lol, what would you score it then? seems you've painted yourself into a corner there eh!

i give avatar 3/5. technically beautiful with a competently classic/cliche story and nifty action. it's sort of like a tech demo. everything except the 3d/cg niftiness is very safe, which is understandable and forgivable, but still eye-roll-inducing.

Guest vodor

the hurt locker: 4/5

just watched tonight. i kinda felt 2 different points to this movie. one of them was obvious and done many times before (full metal jacket, saving private ryan), and the other was kiiinda done before (apocalypse now), but here it was done in a really cool and accessible and different way.

it deserved to win best picture... sure, why not? avatar was not its rival though. i'd say precious, a serious man, and inglourious basterds were the more serious rivals.

Guest Fishtank

She's Out of my League - 6/11

Better than I expected. While it's not LOL through the whole movie the parts that are funny are really funny. The story is pretty basic underdog story but it flows well and the characters are decent. This movie is like if American Pie 3 was good. More so a comedy than chick flick for sure.

Lawrence of Arabia - Better than I expected, and I knew I was about to watch an epic classic. Such a lavish production and a story literally anyone can get behind. The score is excellent, but you could watch it on mute and just bask in the awesome cinematography. T.E. Lawrence was a bad motherfucker.

Guest abusivegeorge

10/10.

so if some of the acting wasn't lol, what would you score it then? seems you've painted yourself into a corner there eh!

i give avatar 3/5. technically beautiful with a competently classic/cliche story and nifty action. it's sort of like a tech demo. everything except the 3d/cg niftiness is very safe, which is understandable and forgivable, but still eye-roll-inducing.

Nah, what I was saying is that I can't start being analytical about a film like that. Yes some of the acting is lol, but it's irellevant, null and void, because the film is so beautiful. If I wanted to start being analytical about a film like that and taking it into account I would score it less.

But simply....I won't.

10/10.

what make-up? the avatars are CG

Precisely what I thought, but I viewed it with 7 other people, and we all saw the same thing in the same 2 scenes and were all a bit "wtf I thought it was CG" and lolled at the right side of his nose and neck, that were quite simply running with sweat, and patches of nice pink flesh showing through.

Guest dese manz hatin

I watched 'The Beach' last night anyoen seen it?...what a lol film.

At first it looked quite promising actually (if a it naive, and very american)...beautiful shots and so on. But then again I'm also the kind of guy who loved Into the Wild.

Then about halfway through....what the fuck, how fast can you turn an average movie into an utterly ridiculous mess? I especially liked the part where Di Caprio runs around the woods acting like he's in a video game. LOL I actually pondered over getting that book some months ago.

Precisely what I thought, but I viewed it with 7 other people, and we all saw the same thing in the same 2 scenes and were all a bit "wtf I thought it was CG" and lolled at the right side of his nose and neck, that were quite simply running with sweat, and patches of nice pink flesh showing through.

been hitting the bottle again, i see.

The Fall

Wow. Very imaginative, maybe abit lacking in the plot and story, a little meandering, but incredibly fantastic.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I thought everyone had already been amazed by The Fall by now. You know there's no CGI in that flick? purty nutty

i've just watched all 3 parts of Hrafn Gunnlaugsson's the Raven trilogy.

Hrafninn flýgur (the raven flies) - amazingly fresh! i loved it!

Í skugga hrafnsins (shadow of the raven) - not as good as the first one, but still great.

Embla - Hvíti víkingurinn - Entirely different, but again - great!

that's enough movies for today now :)

De zee die denkt (2000) Bored me to death. It was rewording the same simple idea a thousand times and had to turn it off. 1/5

Un borghese piccolo piccolo (1977) Another nice Italian flick. 3/5

At first it looked quite promising actually (if a it naive, and very american)...beautiful shots and so on. But then again I'm also the kind of guy who loved Into the Wild.

Then about halfway through....what the fuck, how fast can you turn an average movie into an utterly ridiculous mess? I especially liked the part where Di Caprio runs around the woods acting like he's in a video game. LOL I actually pondered over getting that book some months ago.

yeah it starts off quite good, if it wasn't for the messy 3rd act i think it would be my favorite Danny Boyle film.

Guest tht tne

yeah it starts off quite good, if it wasn't for the messy 3rd act i think it would be my favorite Danny Boyle film.

the book is really good, but i always prefer books to their film adaptations

Guest Z_B_Z

i just watched "until the light takes us", it's actually quite okay. i mean, i could have been much much worse.

i mentioned this earlier in the thread, i was really disappointed by it. the idm soundtrack came off really bad imo. a very superficial film.

recently-

escape from la - 7.5/10. its been ages since ive seen this (i think the only time i saw it was in the theater) but i was pleasantly surprised. probably one of carpenters better films post 80s.

this dude sums it up quite well actually. tho i dont agree with all of his picks (escape from la is number 10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQHw6BdPKJQ

Guest Z_B_Z

i also just saw a documentary entitled 'manson' from the early 70s. it chronicles the well covered tate/labianca killings... i was really shocked at the general weirdness of it all. apparently mansons "family" stayed together a while after he was arrested and this film shows glimpses into their daily existence.. the films as a whole is a straight up exploitation cash in but is worth it for the footage of the family and the creepily haunting soundtrack (provided by ex family members)... some haunting and interesting stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLENUGkKC3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tuQo0ooO30

Archived