IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

Black Rain. Michael Douglas running around a steelworks in 1980's Japan. Stylish. Nostalgic...I too had to infiltrate Japanese gangland culture when I were a lad.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Happiness - FuctUPLawlz x11/10... I knew this was supposed to be a dark comedy but dear lord I was not expecting it to be that weird, shocking, crazy, funny, depressing, joyous.

Somewhere - 7/10. I am going to lose more cred here but even though I know Lost In Translation was probably a better film, I thought this was much more entertaining. I dunno, I can see how a lot of people wouldn't be that impressed by it, maybe I was just in the perfect mood to watch and I wasn't when I so L.I.T. but I was not never bored like I was with Translation.

Somewhere - 7/10. I am going to lose more cred here but even though I know Lost In Translation was probably a better film, I thought this was much more entertaining. I dunno, I can see how a lot of people wouldn't be that impressed by it, maybe I was just in the perfect mood to watch and I wasn't when I so L.I.T. but I was not never bored like I was with Translation.

somewhere - pretty entertaining, slow paced, nice acting, los angeles

i feel ya

Guest futuregirlfriend

Man Bites Dog - I've been wanting to watch this for years. What a great character 9/10

Elvis on tour 1972 - Pretty cool. Hard to not like Elvis. Seems Scorsese had a hand in this film too. 7/10

Black Swan - 8/10 - my favourite Aronofsky film thus far,

Tchaikovsky's brilliant music (and Mansell's brilliant collaborations and remixing of Swan Lake's musical themes) and ballet with Cronenberg/Lynch style psycho freak out film making, Natalie Portman's intense and amazing performance, body image terror, Barbara Hershey's neurotic failed ballerina (I only paint portraits of my daughter's face) performance, sexual repression, bulimia, and the hallucinations....all combined make one hell of an experience....

I bet some people are leaving the theatres due to panic attacks, almost had one myself while watching...wonderful film that I will probably not watch very many times in my life

Never Let Me Go - 8/10 - this is one of the most heart wrenching films I think I have ever seen....the world, in this film, is such a bleak one, that would probably exist if the right situation were to be in place for humanity,

one in which all disease is eradicated and people are raised in schools to later be organ donors (or caretakers for the donors, later to become donors themselves) for humans that live past the expiration date of their own bodily functions.....the question about cloning and do clones have individuality has been something on my mind for years now and it is great to see a film that discusses this.....the real heart of the film lies within the love story and oh what a dark one it is, dark yet beautiful, like life in general....

this film feels like a strange companion piece to Children of Men, the alternate history and grand societal norm that everyone has to deal with, great film, will definitely watch this one again

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Skyline -0.666/10 - Lawlz, I knew this was supposed to be really really bad but gawd damn I can't believe this piece of shit had a wide release in theaters. Nothing about this was much more than a smudge of a smidge higher quality than a SyFy original. FUCKING GARBAGE. I skipped through it pretty fast but even my extreme measures to save face were not enough, I want the 30 minutes I spent jumping through this free pirated crap fest back... but.. I am kind of glad I witnessed how bad it truly was. Lawlz at the tools who paid money to see this in theaters.

valhalla rising

9/10

really amazing how a sequence that consists of a guy stabbing a sword into the ground and another guy stacking up a bunch of rocks and a guy laying in the mud and another guy pushing his hands into the mud and a kid sitting there on a hill watching it could be more epic than any battle scene ever

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

actually anything with anna faris gets my approval so observe and report was better

actually anything with anna faris gets my approval so observe and report was better

Archived