IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

sherlock (bbc modern day reboot thingy) 8/10

first episode was good but the crime/mystery/serial killer cabbie was lame and simple. better than the hollywood reboot anyways. looking forward to more.

first episode was good but the crime/mystery/serial killer cabbie was lame and simple. better than the hollywood reboot anyways. looking forward to more.

Wahey, even starring Benedict Cumberbatch :emotawesomepm9:

Just saw a neat little horror film called End Of The Line. Not bad at all. Some decent scares, lots of gore, infact some of goriest effects I've seen in a while.

Nice apocalyptic feel, and the old 'small group of strangers against the zombies' type deal. Except the zombies are crazed cult members.

Guest ansgaria

Black Swan: everything/everything.

I'm still having a hard time processing it in my head, it was absolutely awestruck by the hauntingly beautiful story, atmosphere, visuals and soundtrack.

my only problem with black swan was the bit where she actually changed into a black swan. i hated that scene. seems a few others did a few pages back too. i loved the black swan part. her face was incrdible during that bit but the feathers and all that was too much. a slap in the face

Wahey, even starring Benedict Cumberbatch :emotawesomepm9:

knew he was gonna be a star ;)

The Chaser - Another brutal, brilliant Korean thriller.

Having just watched Memories of Murder, I can't help but compare them, and this one lacks the colorful, well-developed characters of the former, and there are a few moments in the film when the suspense becomes a little forced, as well as a few minor plot holes.

Unfair comparisons aside, this is still a film that more than deserves a watch - one that keeps your eyes wide and fists clenched for two hours. 8.5/10

I'd also say it's a movie best experienced not knowing anything of the plot beforehand, as I did.

While watching the film, I kept telling myself, at least it's just a movie... then I look it up on Wikipedia and find out it's loosely based on a guy who didn't just kill 12 people as did the movie killer, but 21...

I love that movie. I watched Memories of Murder, The Chaser, and Madeo within a short period of times so these movies are almost linked together in my world; three fantastic Korean crime movies.

Have you watched I Saw The Devil? The one that got recut three times but still couldn't be shown in Korean theatres? It's a lot like all the other Korean revenge movies (not as good as any of the ones mentioned above though) but just a lot more messed up.

i just saw it :facepalm:

if by messed up you mean a pile of crap then yes, you're definitely right. it's more an adventure/action movie, you can see most of it coming, and has 2 or 3 flaws that made me want to quit, but since i was more than half-way trough i kept watching, my mistake... i actually laughed lots of times during the movie, and in the end there was this big LOL, wtf was he thinking??? he wanted to get revenge on the bad guy's family too??? or was it some intelligent plan so that he couldn't be accused of murdering him??? hahaha wtf indeed...

oh btw, what's up with the Korean police??? it's common in these movies to make them look retarded, why is that???

whoops

i saw the reply, but then you erased it, why was that???

what i meant was, when i saw it for the first time, by the end, i kept thinking that if i re-watched it, i would find lots of flaws cause, you know, it's a damn tough plot to keep cohesive.

whoops

i saw the reply, but then you erased it, why was that???

what i meant was, when i saw it for the first time, by the end, i kept thinking that if i re-watched it, i would find lots of flaws cause, you know, it's a damn tough plot to keep cohesive.

i idiotically edited an old post instead of posting a new one, and by the time i previewed it i realized 'oh fuck i jsut deleted my old post'

yeah i was basically saying The Game has the best Michael Douglas performance, he should have won an academy award for it. It has Sean Penn's fantastic comeback after not doing much acting or mostly unmemorable roles for a while. Howard Shore's best score besides Silence of the Lambs. As well as being Fincher's most visually diverse movie. It has color filtering going on but it's done in a much less static way than in his later stuff ie: zodiac or especially Fight club.

but yeah when it comes to the way the story is constructed even Fincher admits that they 'cheat' many times in the film, making it appear to the audience that Nick Van Orton is indeed about to die. They had to pull out all the stops and basically make the whole elaborate setup of 'The Game' an inexplainable, impossible to construct ruse. I could see why certain people would find this very irritating, but it only increases my enjoyment of the movie.

devil: 6/10

surprisingly okay for a Shyamalan story.

yeah i watched it thinking i'll hate it as much as i hate all the shyamalan films.. i hate them with a passion. but i quite enjoyed this one quite a bit and i was genuinely creeped out at the devil too. good stuff.

Big Night - 8/10

Decent drama about two italian brothers who run a restaurant. It gets extra points for the final scene in which Stanley Tucci makes a perfect omelette in real time/one continuous shot in the most effortless and beautiful fashion.

I just watched the social network. Very disappointing. Well not disappointing in that it was exactly what I already expected before all the awards were jizzed over their faces for fuck knows what. The only thing I took away from that movie was that Facebook was created by some rich Jew kids who took each other to court over money. I'm pretty sure most people already knew that. So nothing new and exciting there.

The acting was fucking boring and for the duration of the movie I had to tolerate a desperate Michael Cera wannabe talking at a hundred miles an hour without ever actually saying anything interesting and acting like a massive cunt to everyone he meets. I'm sure Zuckerberg wouldn't be the best friend you've ever had but I doubt hes that bad, and even if he is, at least fucking tone it down a bit so that I can partially enjoy the movie.

The story ended very abruptly and only took it to the point of 1 million members so it already feels like an out of date movie. The award winning soundtrack was nothing to be remembered and the audio throughout the movie was so out of balance that I had to turn the TV up to almost full to catch the dialogue then almost pop my speakers out when any music kicked in. The opening scene in the bar is a conversation I missed entirely because somehow it was more important for me to hear the shit background music. Load of over hyped shit.

on a side note, if you havn't seen Black Swan already, don't bother unless you like predictable endings and a shaky camera endlessly pointed in the face of a very dull actress doing her scared and fragile face for the whole film.

Inception may have its head up its own arsehole and be oozing with matrixesk cheese but it was a fucking good movie with a great score.

The Social Network - 7/10 played too freely with the facts, overall good bc of Fincher.

Night of the Demons (2009) - 3/10 awful remake of the original, some titties saved a little of the 80s spirit. Linnea Quigley looks like the Crypt Keeper now.

Pirhana 3D - 8/10 best use of tits in a movie since forever, excellent blood and gags. Ving Rhames needed more to do.

I just watched the social network. Very disappointing. Well not disappointing in that it was exactly what I already expected before all the awards were jizzed over their faces for fuck knows what. The only thing I took away from that movie was that Facebook was created by some rich Jew kids who took each other to court over money. I'm pretty sure most people already knew that. So nothing new and exciting there.

The acting was fucking boring and for the duration of the movie I had to tolerate a desperate Michael Cera wannabe talking at a hundred miles an hour without ever actually saying anything interesting and acting like a massive cunt to everyone he meets. I'm sure Zuckerberg wouldn't be the best friend you've ever had but I doubt hes that bad, and even if he is, at least fucking tone it down a bit so that I can partially enjoy the movie.

The story ended very abruptly and only took it to the point of 1 million members so it already feels like an out of date movie. The award winning soundtrack was nothing to be remembered and the audio throughout the movie was so out of balance that I had to turn the TV up to almost full to catch the dialogue then almost pop my speakers out when any music kicked in. The opening scene in the bar is a conversation I missed entirely because somehow it was more important for me to hear the shit background music. Load of over hyped shit.

on a side note, if you havn't seen Black Swan already, don't bother unless you like predictable endings and a shaky camera endlessly pointed in the face of a very dull actress doing her scared and fragile face for the whole film.

Inception may have its head up its own arsehole and be oozing with matrixesk cheese but it was a fucking good movie with a great score.

lol

Archived