IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleeping, heh

watched bits of science of sleep again, my friend show eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (same director, apparently) but that was a bit over the top for me.

kill bill 1 & 2 - They pass the test of time, with the exception of a few little details that seem silly now. Very good.

Never really saw what was so great about Kill Bill. Their good movies but don't even come close to Quentin's other projects.

Saw a couple stupid comedies last night

Observe and Report- Most likely Seth Rogan's best movie. Plays his bi-polar part really well; you actually feel sorry for him after a while. Thought it was extremely funny but that might've been from the weed I smoked before hand. Ending was good but you could kinda see it coming

30 Minutes or Less - Really boring, waste of time. WHY WAS JESSE EISENBERG IN THIS MOVIE. Stale dialogue and uninteresting plot made the 83 minute movie feel like 2 hours. Some laughs here and there but mainly just sat there in silence. Also, felt VERY amateur, almost like a youtube movie or something. Meh.

Guest bitroast

Bleeping, heh

watched bits of science of sleep again, my friend show eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (same director, apparently) but that was a bit over the top for me.

Eternal Sunshine is pretty great.

Guest ex-voto

Limitless 6.7/10

Even if this is like a hollywood blockbuster I thought it was done pretty well sometimes, especially that zoom effect was pretty.

Accelerating the soundtrack at the end might be one of the reasons I like this movie. Anyway very watchable.

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

Just the names. Clooney especially. I simply can not tolerate the site of that smug fucking cunt. I couldnt watch mr fox because of his cunt voice and I really wanted to watch that.

lol, you didn't miss much, but that's just me (as a non Wes Anderson fan).

It's funny that Clooney doesn't bother me too much, when I literally can't watch more than 10 minutes of say, Ryan Reynolds, and I don't like Leo DiCaprio for the same reason (callow + trying too hard). I don't think Clooney is a great actor, but I find him serviceable. Liked him well enough in Three Kings and Burn After Reading...

just saw the Life Aquatic for a 2nd time (hadn't seen it since in the theatre) and i was really blown away by it. I couldn't get over some of the silliness when i first saw it but this time i just accepted it for what it was and went with it. It's a very satisfying movie and probably one of Bill Murray's best.

9.5/10

edit: this one's for you Squee (unless atop already posted it)

BTSlifeaquaticPatBarnett.jpg?1328320342

Just the names. Clooney especially. I simply can not tolerate the site of that smug fucking cunt. I couldnt watch mr fox because of his cunt voice and I really wanted to watch that.

Easy there, killer.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Gravity, and no, lumpy, it's not out yet.

just saw the Life Aquatic for a 2nd time (hadn't seen it since in the theatre) and i was really blown away by it. I couldn't get over some of the silliness when i first saw it but this time i just accepted it for what it was and went with it. It's a very satisfying movie and probably one of Bill Murray's best.

9.5/10

edit: this one's for you Squee (unless atop already posted it)

BTSlifeaquaticPatBarnett.jpg?1328320342

Awesome! Thanks!

Guest ex-voto

lol, only 7/10? The Fly (Cronenberg remake) is a classic...:)

only noticed now, meant 8/10

not higher because i thought blum carried a lot of the movie.

we went to the cinema to watch THE GREY. 7/10. Two classic Neeson lines, but mainly this film is deadly serious. Quite a lot of existential angst in this film, which sets it apart from most survival films. I really enjoyed it, it was exciting and thought provoking and in general the characters were fairly well developed. The cinematography is great and it's worth watching if you're stuck for a film to see at the cinema, or definitely catch it on DVD.

just saw the movie Out of Sight on rotation on cable, and i really like this movie. I think its probably the best movie starring jennifer lopez (which isnt saying much i know) but also Steve Zahn's and Don Cheadles performances in the movie are top tier. You also get a weird disguised Albert Brookes. 8.5/10

Archived