IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

causes him to go on a journey where he realises he dosent actually know anything and he isnt getting invited or isnt wanted at the real party. so the point of the movie basically is tom cruise is a massive bellend. but overall i just like kubricks style, he could have made a movie about a womens wheelchair volleyball team and i probably would have ended up liking it eventually

lol

Guest Mirezzi

did you actually read the article? it's fairly apologetic for her. i would even say the writer likes her. also, huge :rolleyes: for his immediately quoting dfw.

lol, not all the way. Oops. Sorry, WATMM. The final paragraph is nauseating. Oh, and of course he cited DFW. That's what writers interested in Kristen Stewart are expected to do. *sigh*

plus, his review is poorly written.

Even two powerhouses like Theron and Stewart are beholden to the dictates of a man's world.

I mean really, dude.

What the hell is an actor doing reviewing films anyway? He will either piss of all his colleagues, or in order to avoid doing so, write the most bland reviews ever, like this one.

Guest zaphod

I have only seen Panic Room, I have no clue what the adult Kristen acts like. Agree about Franco, he's turned into a yucky douche

she acts like a heroin addict who is perpetually realizing that she hasn't taken a shit in two weeks. someone needs to make a video like this one, except of kristen stewart sighing and acting exasperated with her own inability to communicate:

[youtubehd]5mY0ji1otH8[/youtubehd]

edit: it sort of exists

[youtubehd]1vlQd9w0w_4[/youtubehd]

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Ok lets put kubrick's films in order

Barry Lyndon

Clockwork Orange

The Shining

.. Don't like the rest.

how can you not like Dr Strangelove? ? ?

I tried multiple times to watch it, it looks outdated and the jokes are difficult to get (i consider myself a well informed/educated guy but i don't know enough about the cold war and its politics to get the jokes)

i've seen it twice. once i fell asleep and the 2nd time i liked it ok but didnt really get it. its not that funny. its not that thought provoking. its not that weird. its fun but not fun fun

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i just remembered how kristen stewart looked when she was joan jett

On-Set-Of-The-Runaways-kristen-stewart-7377749-450-600.jpg

so, it's not a masterpiece?

for me no

Guest Shit Attack

wait how is this not funny or hard to get ???

fair enough tho this film does start pretty slowly but theres a ton of really funny things in it i thought

also dunno who kristen stewart is really but she looks a bit like jacko in the thriller video on that bottom pic

from super serious anti nuclear war film to comedy within months of filming, George C Scott had to be tricked into performing comedy, by Kubrick who would ask for a comical version of the scene to be performed by Scott on the last take on every scene he was in....ended up using all of these takes, Scott was pissed off because he is a "serious" actor. Sellers is incredible in this film. Water fluoridation conspiracies. Secret Nazi scientists being used by governments. The cold war being a lie. This is all a part of Dr Strangelove and are some of the reasons I love this film.

Guest zaphod

i'm with cumberbatch. strangelove is a little too madcap for my taste and the satire is a bit dated.

Guest Mirezzi

from super serious anti nuclear war film to comedy within months of filming, George C Scott had to be tricked into performing comedy, by Kubrick who would ask for a comical version of the scene to be performed by Scott on the last take on every scene he was in....ended up using all of these takes, Scott was pissed off because he is a "serious" actor. Sellers is incredible in this film. Water fluoridation conspiracies. Secret Nazi scientists being used by governments. The cold war being a lie. This is all a part of Dr Strangelove and are some of the reasons I love this film.

All of this and +++.

I guess Lysistrata is dated, too.

Guest Shit Attack

yeah i liked some of the pink panther movies too, sellers was a funny guy definetly . one of the funniest thing for me nowadays about that water fluoridation bit is the weird scared noises peter sellers makes listening to the bullshit the general is talking about. yeah i heard the thing about george c scott too but the only other thing i saw him in was that "football in the groin" episode of the simpsons, so dunno much about him other than that, maybe took himself too serious or something. but I think kubrick supposedly made all the actors do so many takes they would start acting a bit mad or something and didnt realise they were being manipulated into it? dunno

and also dr strangelove is totally dated (must be about 50 years old or something??) but still find a lot of it funny and in the case of the water fluoridation shit , i would say those kind of conspiracy theories are probably more talked about now (due to internet alex jones stuff etc ) than they ever have been in the past + we're still constantly hearing shit about the threat of nuclear war so if you swap Iran/ terrorists for communist russia its not really all that dated, and even if it is what mainstream hollywood movie would even attempt to make a comedy film about the threat of nuclear war nowadays ? if somebody had the balls to do a contemporary version about terrorists etc i would definetly watch it + i definetly think it would be crap. Four Lions was about the only attempt i can think of and i thought that was pretty weak + unfunny

that dosent make dr strangelove a good or funny film tho + havent watched it for a long time, but definetly still remember it being pretty funny and a pretty cool film.

Archived