IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

watched the first episode of dexter. it was ok. watchable. should i watch anymore? depends if i can get out of bed next sunday

The composer for the series must have been lazy as hell when he sat down and made most of the score because a lot of it is done with presets from Spectrasonics' Atmosphere.

LOL! oh the joys of being familiar with all the of the hot audio plugins of the moment

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new film at the Austin Film Festival, last night, not sure if I can write the name out but it has Matthew Modine and Zach Galifianakis in it.....3/10

seriously one of the worst films I have ever seen without it being funny due to its obvious attempt at being clever.....not even B movie funny

once again Zach G was given the most unfunny lines and character(just like in Bored To Death), I wish I wouldn't have seen it but it did give me the fire to start writing a script of my own....

yeah he is but his stand up and skits on funnyordie are brutally hilarious so I will continue to have love for him....

Between Two Ferns kills me...

serious death by funny

Guest Mirezzi

I honestly don't know why anybody would choose to watch Jason Schwartzman for more than 5 minutes at a time unless under threat of a pointed and loaded gun.

I honestly don't know why anybody would choose to watch Jason Schwartzman for more than 5 minutes at a time unless under threat of a pointed and loaded gun.

I was under the heavy influence of alcoholic beverage... I enjoyed him... at least in bored to death. I also enjoyed him in spun... I Heart Huckabees, not so much.

the exorcist 9/10

very good movie. not scary. i hadn't seen it since high school but i remembered it not doing much for me, and then the paranormal activity thread got me interested in it again. the horror is just too extravagant to be scary, so i place it with the shining as a film that's very watchable but not any good at being terrifying.

i actually watched the first episode of bored to death...and it sucked!

i also tried watching dexter. horrible fucking show. it's an ok concept, but they've rationalized the shit out of it, and then the acting is atrocious. his little voice overs are really trite. something happens, "but that's not really how it is", knowing look at the camera. 1/10

i actually watched the first episode of bored to death...and it sucked!

i also tried watching dexter. horrible fucking show. it's an ok concept, but they've rationalized the shit out of it, and then the acting is atrocious. his little voice overs are really trite. something happens, "but that's not really how it is", knowing look at the camera. 1/10

yeah, unfortunately i sprung for the whole box set on a whim. Do you guys throw out stuff you don't like or just let it gather dust?

Ratatouille - 8/10 - Better than I was expecting.

Slumdog Millionaire - 4/10 - Bored me to tears. Some of the cinematography was pretty though.

Drag Me to Hell - 6/10 - I didn't get what the big deal was. Seems like a flick that'd probably be fun with a large audience. Watching it by myself it was just ok.

Cecil B. Demented - 2/10 - Had to watch this because of a girl. Do people really find John Waters' stuff controversial or shocking or funny?

Guest Calx Sherbet

Night of the Living Dead, again.

god i love it.

also watched "The Old Dark House (1932)", strange little film. but i enjoyed it

Guest abusivegeorge

c6d781b0c8a0197e7caf8110.L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This movie was aight, if you like melodramatic prison movies from the lat '70s.

Yes I do, I also know quite a lot about them. I do not understand why the fuck I've never heard of this.

Skeleton Man - 4/10

Has Casper Van Dien, loses a point, bad dialogue, point two, bad acting, another point, shitty logic flaws, next point, characters never learn that bullets are useless against a phantom, point, phantom's horse changes color and markings every other shot, point six lost. Oh, crappy music selections, make that three out of ten.

edit; Not really engaging, either, but I've already changed my rating.

Cecil B. Demented - 2/10 - Had to watch this because of a girl. Do people really find John Waters' stuff controversial or shocking or funny?

To answer your question, yes, but he hasn't been controversial since the film before hairspray. "Pecker" was funny. As was "Serial Mom" if you want to talk about recent shit (relatively). My personal JW fave has to be "Female Trouble". I urge all to see that. Cecil B. Demented, while having a brilliant title, failed to live up to itself imo. It had more potential than it exhibited. I'd have given it a 5-6/10 though. Again, internet opinions etc etc etc.

To answer your question, yes, but he hasn't been controversial since the film before hairspray. "Pecker" was funny. As was "Serial Mom" if you want to talk about recent shit (relatively). My personal JW fave has to be "Female Trouble". I urge all to see that. Cecil B. Demented, while having a brilliant title, failed to live up to itself imo. It had more potential than it exhibited. I'd have given it a 5-6/10 though. Again, internet opinions etc etc etc.

To be fair I haven't seen his early stuff and I have heard those are his best films. I did see both Pecker and Serial Mom a long time ago. I don't remember a lot about Serial Mom but Pecker is definitely better than Cecil B. Cecil B. felt like a five minute sketch stretched into 80 minutes.

Archived